Draenei Meet & Greet: Sunday Dec 9 6pm server

90 Draenei Paladin
Hello,
After hearing several people on this forum express interest in meeting other draenei roleplayers, or learning more about the race in general, I've decided to host an event.

Time: Sunday Dec. 9th @ 6pm server
Place: Azure Watch (It's in the draenei starting area)

This event isn't hosted by <Kharanei>, <Recidivus> or any other guild. It's just me. However I would be thrilled if my friends in those particular guilds wanted to join!

The purpose of this event is for people who roleplay draenei, or take an interest in the race, to meet one another and possibly make some new contacts.

It will have a story-circle format (getting everyone to make a circle is always fun, but we'll overcome that hurdle when we get there, lol). I will be encouraging everyone to come sit down in-character in a circle, and then one by one, we will each introduce ourselves, and perhaps tell some short story or anecdote that reveals insight into our characters.

Afterwards, if anyone has any ooc questions or wishes to discuss the lore, we can. I will most likely form a raid for this purpose. In-character speech in say, out-of-character speaking in the raid.

Please come with a willingness to listen to others! While each of us will be speaking about our characters in-character, please try not to do what I call "spotlighting", or stealing the scene and going on about yourself excessively. Try to engage others - Be willing to take an interest in their character ideas, and ask questions in-character to nudge the conversation along.

You can come as an ooc spectator if you really feel shy or you just have never played a draenei before. Non-draenei races are also welcome.

This will run for as long as I feel we need. It may be only an hour, or somewhat longer depending on how many people show up.

That's it, I guess. Hope to see people.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
If I'm available, I'll do my best to show up.

12/02/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Bärnaby
Non-draenei races are also welcome.

If I can't think of a better character concept for my shaman, I'll probably do this. Who knows, maybe listening to other people will help me finally fix her!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
SO I HERD U LIKE DRAYNAY
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Paladin
I will do my best to be there! Only issue being that the Story circle Horde side is at the same time =/
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
I will be there, barring something unforeseen.
Reply Quote
^ I am the unforeseen force!

I'll try my best to make this! Sounds like a lot of fun.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Aw, thank you for the responses guys! This is the first event I'm trying to host and I've been a little nervous that nobody would show up.

Vandy: Barny would love if either Val or Vandrysse showed up. Having someone he knows there with him would be fortifying for him - I'm kind of pushing him out of his comfort zone to do this event in-character with him. Public speaking is usually something he leaves to others.

Amberlight: Oh no, I didn't know that! I guess if it inconveniences enough people I could move it an hour earlier, although then it starts to become inconvenient for me.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
-Glues some horns on and cuts some head and arm holes into a refrigerator-
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Barring a disaster, I should be there! Can't wait for it.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Paladin
I'll see if I can squeeze Sho icly out of Pandaria for this, but otherwise i may just come on an alt! Yah for draenei meet and greets!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Dem goat people :C
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I appreciate what you're doing Barnaby. It's very rare that an orb of decepti- a nice guy like you can work so well as to get someone to have the representatives of a whole faction meet up like this...

*gestures to the Kor'kron assassins hiding nearby*

I mean... it's so nice to have you Draenei gathering like this. Really promotes... uh... the unity of your people.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
Please, do drop by. There is much we can discuss.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Not sure if I should come.

Magtheridon might not drop the shirt to this set.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
12/03/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Bärnaby
Vandy: Barny would love if either Val or Vandrysse showed up. Having someone he knows there with him would be fortifying for him - I'm kind of pushing him out of his comfort zone to do this event in-character with him. Public speaking is usually something he leaves to others.

That would be cool! I'll see what I can do :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Damn it, can't make it to this one on my draenei. Sounds interesting otherwise though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Grazzug: Thank you... Please don't kill us all. :<

Here's some really old art I haven't finished yet. Feel free to like... draw Grazzug with a beer tankard next to him. Or a Forsaken with rotten breath. Or something. The possibilities are endless.

http://seso.pyoko.org/lj/wow/barnaby_ariel_wip.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/03/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Kamazhi

A convincing disguise.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
12/03/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Bärnaby

A convincing disguise.

/waggle
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
*Samurai Druid sleepwalks in, his left hand touches the fridge Kamazhi is using for his disguise, after a second of thought he sends his right hand through the fridge door and exits with Kamazhi's heart, which he eats while walking away.*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]