"Decisive naval victories"

1 Blood Elf Rogue
Did anyone else do a double take when they heard this in the Horde 5.0 cinematic?

Nazgrim tells Garrosh that the Horde have scored "decisive victories off the coasts of Tanaris and Tol'barad"... now I don't really give a damn about Tanaris, it's sort of out of the way in terms of strategic advantages ( especially since Alliance ships

The Horde scoring major naval victories that close to Alliance territory? Around an island that's that important strategically?

Shouldn't that... I dunno, be a way bigger deal?

But it's just a one off comment and never brought up again. It strikes me as odd.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I get the feeling that they weren't that decisive at all but Nazgrim was trumping up his report for Garrosh.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Monk
12/03/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Vyrin
I get the feeling that they weren't that decisive at all but Nazgrim was trumping up his report for Garrosh.

Gotta make it look good for the boss...especially when the boss is liable to dismiss you out of the nearest window.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/03/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Quirn

Gotta make it look good for the boss...especially when the boss is liable to dismiss you out of the nearest window.

I agree. Garrosh does need the ego boosts every now and then. Or he takes it out on a Goblin.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Monk
12/03/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Danseis

I agree. Garrosh does need the ego boosts every now and then. Or he takes it out on a Goblin.

I laughed when Nazgrim was like "they ran aground on an uncharted land", and of course, Garrosh being...well, Garrosh, had the first response:

"THEY GOT THERE FIRST?!"

Priorities. Garrosh doesn't have them.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage
I have an odd feeling that when no one is in the war room Garrosh plays with those model ships like toys.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Monk
12/03/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Mirari
I have an odd feeling that when no one is in the war room Garrosh plays with those model ships like toys.

"Nooo! you sunk the HSS I AM AWESOME!!1!1!!! YOU SHALL PAY, ALLIANCE PIGS!"

*smashes the alliance ships*

...."Nazgrim? We need more ship models...."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/03/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Mirari

"Pew pew pew! TAKE THAT, PUNY ALLIANCE!!!"
"...What are you doing, Warchief?"
"OH, Malkorok! Just, uh, reevaluating our strategy...and stuff..."
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Deep down inside.....

Garrosh is just a kid who likes to play with toys.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Monk
Deep down inside.....

Garrosh is just a kid who likes to play with toys.

No wonder he wants to genocide the Alliance.

He wants to play one gigantic game of toy soldiers with Kalimdor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
A decisive Horde naval victory off the coast of Tanaris might actually be very bad news for the Alliance.

That's where the Starsword was headed, carrying all of those children from Theramore...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I almost wonder if that "decisive victory" was simply referring to the events of Quest of Pandaria. That Nazgrim decided to go "hey we destroyed the Alliance ship, its a decisive victory, nevermind our ship also got destroyed in the process".
Edited by Zerde on 12/3/2012 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Undead Monk
A decisive Horde naval victory off the coast of Tanaris might actually be very bad news for the Alliance.

That's where the Starsword was headed, carrying all of those children from Theramore...

That's okay! Garrosh logic is: if you're a child of the enemy, you will grow up to be the enemy someday and it's okay to kill you!

Seriously.

This is the Horde's idea of their saviour now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://www.thedailyblink.com/2012/09/garroshs-dark-spiral/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm pretty sure the battle off the coast of Tanaris was the one in Quest For Pandaria 4.

In which case it wasn't decisive at all and Nazgrim was trying not to get Garrosh angry.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
In which case it wasn't decisive at all and Nazgrim was trying not to get Garrosh angry.

A smart tactic if I do say so myself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/03/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Bossil

"Pew pew pew! TAKE THAT, PUNY ALLIANCE!!!"
"...What are you doing, Warchief?"
"OH, Malkorok! Just, uh, reevaluating our strategy...and stuff..."

I laughed at that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Actually, it can't be the Starsword nor the QoP sea battle, based on the timeline. The PoQ is before the Fall of Theramore, months before the scene.

And why would Nazgrim present the destruction over the Starsword as a recent victory after the crushing loss of the Blockade. Not to forget, there was a few weeks between FoT and MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
My favorite line by garrosh

"AND PAINT THIS NEW CONTINENT RED!"
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I like how the Horde players here take their warchief seriously
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]