We have bigger problems than fire nerfs

90 Gnome Mage
Shouldn't it be more upsetting that Arcane and Frost were never that great to begin with? Fire has been a consistently viable spec since the launch of Burning Crusade. Since that time, it has ALWAYS been controversial as well, because it has ALWAYS relied almost entirely on crit. Frankly, I'm sick of having to play a spec that is largely dependent on a weighted coin toss.

Frost was finally given the potential to be somewhat viable, but would need a little boost. Arcane has kind of wandered from it's old style of balancing DPS vs DPM, but still has the potential to be a fun and engaging playstyle.

And that's not even mentioning the colossal trainwreck that is the lvl 90 talent choices. If the devs really want to tweak mage damage - of any spec - they should start by giving us a top tier talent tree that isn't just picking the lesser of three evils.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
nah
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Play as elemantal shaman, please.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/03/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Toconoco

Boom! 5th from the top? Now ya 5th from the bottom. Enjoy!
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
12/03/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Minigoliath
Frankly, I'm sick of having to play a spec that is largely dependent on a weighted coin toss.

Then play another spec, because that is the design of the spec, and blizzard likes that about it, and so do I. They like that sometimes you can deal considerably less damage with bad procs, but then also you can deal considerably more damage with good procs. It's supposed to be like that and if you don't like it then you can respec or reroll, that's what fire is.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Fire has been a consistently viable spec since the launch of Burning Crusade.

Did you forget how bad Fire was single target for most of Cataclysm?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shouldn't it be more upsetting that Arcane and Frost were never that great to begin with?

What? nah you must be just joking right?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
I've actually got to agree with the above. I've played frost since the start of MoP. It kicks some !@#.
Reply Quote
96 Human Mage
2.4 - Sunwell. Mages not even brought to the raid due to low dps.

Fire hasn't always been viable, but is far from shafted at the moment.

Fire's nerf isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, it'll be more like it was in Cataclysm now.

If you're so brazenly against the rng that fire brings, play frost or arcane. They're doing almost as well as fire pre-patch and are generally more interesting to play.

Other classes have it much worse than we do.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/04/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Jetz
generally more interesting to play

This may be true of frost, but arcane is a terrible spec to play in MOP.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/04/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Jetz
2.4 - Sunwell. Mages not even brought to the raid due to low dps.

Because Shadow Priests and Destruction Warlocks had ridiculous synergy. Don't misrepresent history.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

I'm sorry!! I 100% agree shamans needs to be looked at.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/03/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Thundahstahm

L2P if u are at the bottom as ele kthanks
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage

I quit elemental in wrath for this very issue. I didn't mind being low dps in BC because I provided much needed buffs to other casters. Then wrath hit, and after two content patches it was obvious that we were low priority. If you're not switching specs to heal from time to time, then you should prob consider re-rolling. Bliz is terrible with keeping ele viable. Not sure why, they just are.
Edited by Ducksauce on 12/4/2012 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/04/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Ducksauce
generally more interesting to play

This may be true of frost, but arcane is a terrible spec to play in MOP.

Arcane's main problem is lack of mobility (and a lot of fights do a decent job of destroying turret players), right? (not completely familiar, but based on what I remember and the changes being made, I think this is the main culprit).

Well, why not simplify it, and let Arcane Missiles channel while moving? Arcane still has to stand still for Blast and Evocate/Rune. Their mobile damage includes Missiles, Barrage and a few other abilities then.

I actually first though channeling Evocate while moving would have been better, but then it kind of forces Arcane into one of the 3 talents..which isn't a good idea.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/04/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Trickdirtyx

L2P if u are at the bottom as ele kthanks

From what I recall, elemental is in the bottom third. Pretty bad when you consider how bad we are in PvP. Below average in PvE; horrible in PvP. What's so great about it?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Arcane's main problem is lack of mobility (and a lot of fights do a decent job of destroying turret players), right? (not completely familiar, but based on what I remember and the changes being made, I think this is the main culprit).

Well, why not simplify it, and let Arcane Missiles channel while moving? Arcane still has to stand still for Blast and Evocate/Rune. Their mobile damage includes Missiles, Barrage and a few other abilities then.

I actually first though channeling Evocate while moving would have been better, but then it kind of forces Arcane into one of the 3 talents..which isn't a good idea.

I agree, and on top of poor mobility you get nothing in return, plus you have to manage mana like a hawk. That was my point, MOP changed it from a spec that had poor mobility but great burst, into a spec that just has poor mobility and ...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/04/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Aesix
mages go play as a shaman or boomkin b4 u cry

I have played ele sham. They suck, start another thread. K bye.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]