Tanking Shamans?

90 Dwarf Shaman
I was thinking if a shaman is viable for tanking.
Maybe LFRs because i was able to tank elegon for about 60% of the fight due to dead/bad tanks and amazing healers.

Was wondering if anyone knew what the DRs are for dodge, parry and block for shamans

Rather mess around building a tank set then have my eyes bleed by doing dailies
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Anyone can tank an LFR boss if the healers are paying attention. Doesn't mean Shamans are going to tank.

Agility gear doesn't have any dodge/parry, block doesn't show up on gear anymore (Warriors/Paladins get theirs through mastery and other mechanics). Only tank specs get reduced chance to be crit, so that's another strike against you.

Basically, it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future. If you want to build a tank set, roll a tank-capable alt.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
first...i was thinking about using my extra enhance gear and reforge dodge, parry and block

second...i have tanking alts, but wanted to try something new seeing that shaman have tank-like features...i.e rockbitter as inc threat, dmg reduction and taunt

third...i rather have no responses on this thread than have someone tell me i can't do something
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Then you want this thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2353105322

That's all the resource you'll ever need.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
O the trolls....
Edited by Sweatstainz on 12/3/2012 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/03/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Sweatstainz
third...i rather have no responses on this thread than have someone tell me i can't do something

sorry but you still can't tank
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
no
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I guess i'll go back to QQing about shaman nerfs and join the rest of these kids with crayons in their noses instead of doing anything different
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
first...i was thinking about using my extra enhance gear and reforge dodge, parry and block

You'll get critically hit and die.

second...i have tanking alts, but wanted to try something new seeing that shaman have tank-like features...i.e rockbitter as inc threat, dmg reduction and taunt

Fixate, not taunt.

Public forum, sorry. You can't tank. You're free to try, of course, but you'll splatter and die and be laughed at.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/03/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Ursinine
Shamans were tanking bosses in ICC during WotLK by using the defense gems to hit crit immunity and bypass all the roadblocks Blizzard put to discourage them from tanking.

Even then Shaman weren't tanking content when it was relevant. They had to outgear the place, and the guild still had to jump through hoops to make it work.

The major reason Enhancement isn't going to tank anytime soon is that Enhancement has no resource system. The basis for tanking in Mists is to use your resource to help mitigate damage. Well, with no resource Enhancement can't do that and they aren't going to spend time making a new tanking model for 1 spec in the middle of an expansion.

And no, Shaman aren't getting a 4th spec.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Error 709: Dead horse is dead.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Shaman
12/04/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Lif
Error 709: Dead horse is dead.

Dead? That thing is bleached bone skeletal.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Not only is it a dead horse, do you really want shamans to be able to tank?

I would rather that that the specs we have become more competitive in PVE. All three seem to lag behind most others in the game right now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I would rather that that the specs we have become more competitive in PVE. All three seem to lag behind most others in the game right now.

Not true at all. Enhancement is very good in PvE right now. I can't speak for the other 2 specs with authority, but i believe they're doing fine as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
A shaman guildie of mine back in Wrath tanked a Wrath heroic with me once. I queued as tank in dps gear, he queued as dps but tanked it. It went OK, but not great. He bought a tanky shield with whatever those emblems were called at the time and got the job done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]