Dailies...

90 Night Elf Druid
I've tried most of the healing classes (with the exception of Mistweaver), and Resto Druid is by far my favorite playing style.

That being said, I'm struggling with the whole daily thing and having to play Boomkin 80% of the time. I REALLY don't enjoy Boomkin DPS.

I've started leveling my priest up to 90 also, and so far Shadow has been better for me than Boomkin at killing trash. I guess I like the sustained playstyle rather than the bursty feel that Balance has.

So my question is: Are there any healers out there who really ENJOY their off-spec for daily questing? How's Shadow performing for you at 90, during the daily grind? How about Elemental shaman? Comparisons?

I'd prefer something that wouldn't involve farming a whole new set of gear, so sticking with Int.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
At 90, I really love Shadow for my dailies. Combine it with Void Tendrils (I abuse this spell), and you can pull a group of 3-4 with minimal issues just by dotting them up and rooting them, and then going on MS and MB procs with MF fillers (and reapplying dots if need be).

DP acts as a self heal.
With Glyph of Dark Binding, you can cast Renew, PW:S, and PoM while in Shadow Form.
There's always VE for healing emergencies (I use it after I root a group).
And Dispersion for when you're in a pickle.

Yeah, I love it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I love feral for my dailies. On my ret I went through a phase where the daily mobs felt like they take forever to die. As feral, I never went through that phase. With much worse gear than my ret, mobs just dropped dead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I had a Shadow spec for dailies but once I got decent geared I dropped it for dual healing specs....

I can do dailies with Disc with no issues.... just like I leveled up with Disc for solo questing and dungeon healing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I enjoy doing my dailies in shadow, probably because it's different from how I play in group content.

The whole point of a healer is to keep other people alive. In solo content a healer is almost worthless. Many people have posited different ways to make healer-friendly dailies, but none of them are really viable. Solo content, by it's very nature will always be about dealing damage.

Since 5.1 I have been able to do dailies in Holy (chastise chakra) almost as well as in shadow, but I still choose my DPS spec because it feels DPSish, and that's what solo content is all about.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I hate boomkin and I'm pretty bitter still about being forced to maintain a boomkin spec for dailies and scenarios, etc. Certainly NOT enjoying it.

That being said, I don't find the DPS end of things to be bad. Even just using 100% healing gear I can often out-DPS dedicated DPS players who I'm questing with.

The solution would be to bring back reputation tabards for dungeons, but have them function only if you've selected the healing role.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Shadow for dailies is amazing, power world shield is great combined with void tendrils and your survivability is very good.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Boomkin is my favorite spec, so I maybe to biased. However, (and I know you don't want to hear this) you're probably doing it wrong. Well, not wrong, but I'm guessing your Balance play style isn't really tuned for solo PvE seeing as how you hate it so much (so I'm guessing you don't play it much :-P). I suggest taking a look at Eluial's Moonkin PvE guide in the druid forum
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490460582
Her last post is specifically for soloing as a Boomkin. You might learn something, and improving your play style can also improve your enjoyment immensely.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I much prefer feral as my offspec for dailies, I hate boomkin too (and no oomooboom it isn't from not knowing how to play it, way to patronize) but I keep having to swap it back to boomkin to do scenarios if I want to get resto gear.

I didn't think I'd mind the whole "game picks the right gear for you" thing so much but in practice I'm finding it a giant pain in the rear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/03/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Rasul
On my ret I went through a phase where the daily mobs felt like they take forever to die

^

Once I started to get dps gear, as I focused on my healing set first, the dailies felt more enjoyable
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Serenitee, have you tried Feral or Guardian as an off-spec? Both should be fairly fast, and you may enjoy them more. :3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/03/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Urbez
Shadow for dailies is amazing,

12/03/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Skeezle
I enjoy doing my dailies in shadow

12/03/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Milkmesoftly
At 90, I really love Shadow for my dailies.

I agree, and for a lot of the same reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I love my feral dps off spec; always have. Even with a crappy gear set, I still love it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/03/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Feyanna
I much prefer feral as my offspec for dailies, I hate boomkin too (and no oomooboom it isn't from not knowing how to play it, way to patronize)

Alright, I hear ya. All I'm saying is taking a look at some how to guides couldn't hurt. It's no secret that not fully understanding a spec > frustration > not having fun. Also, I love balance so I really don't understand why someone would hate it!

12/03/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Feyanna
I didn't think I'd mind the whole "game picks the right gear for you" thing so much but in practice I'm finding it a giant pain in the rear.

Yeah, totally with you on that one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
These are great responses -- thank you, everyone. And thanks for the guide suggestion, Oomooboom. Some very helpful tips there, and I think I'll add a few unused spells to my repertoire if I decide to stick with boomie.

Still curious to hear from any resto shamans regarding their experience with leveling as elemental.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I hate Ret, with a passion. I probably should focus on getting better gear for it though, I spend most of my time IN my Ret spec. I tried doing dailies in Holy but it was taking twice as long to do my dailies and the last thing I want to do is spend more time doing dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
my offspec used to be elemental but i find ele extremly borring, i like to compare it to an arcane mage so i switched it to enh and its a lot more fun to play.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Enhance is hilarious fun as an offspec for daily grinding, 2-hand enhance may be dead, but you can still do stupidly OP damage every now and then with a good 2 hander and windfury
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
shadow wrecks dailies. and rare mobs. and other players. it's just fun. i turn my pvp flag on during dailies and put my pvp gear on just so i can kill some allies. reverse ganking ftw
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For most dailies, I do use my boomkin spec, and although I am not the biggest fan of it in general, it is perfectly acceptable. However, for some of the shorter things, such as cleaning up the cirtters on my farm, using Heart of the Wild in resto spec to blow things up as a kitty is silly fun!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]