Why ever use Kill Command?

90 Night Elf Druid
12/03/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Origination
You all say but you don't explain why. Unless you are posting something with SUBSTANCE then don't post at all.

arcane shot = average weapon damage + 0.2 * ranged attack power + 2306

kill command = (1 + mastery%) * 1.5 * ( 0.7 * ranged attack power + 698 )

what we get from this:

arcane shot scales primarily off weapon damage and only gains the benefit of 20% of your ranged attack power.

kill command scales based on mastery and 70% of ranged attack power

until lvl 80 there is no mastery so kill command sucks as long as you have a half decent weapon.

after 80 it is a matter of how good your weapon is compared to the rest of your gear. if you have a really nice weapon and really bad armor, arcane shot is much better. bad weapon and good armor, kill command wins. once you hit 90 and your gear evens out, kill command becomes the staple of the rotation because you will not be able to get a weapon good enough to out scale mastery and attack power.

ps. there are points between turning 90 and getting heroic / raid geared where arcane shot can still be better depending on attack power and mastery. you just have to plug in your characters numbers into the formulas and divide by focus cost to find out.
Edited by Anivar on 12/5/2012 12:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
idk if you have toth and fewer cobras for kills arcane may top it. sometimes i can go for 11 arcanes in a row.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Wrath Bs - Kcom - intim - add flavor of choice

DOnt use kill command? whats next use pack aspect always XD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/06/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Salecia
whats next use pack aspect always XD

oh you don't even want to know...

that AV bg everyone dislikes?

well let's just say that hunters are the secret ingredient of the rage with aspect of the DAZE on..

and did I mention misdirection yet? the wing commanders of oposite factions are best friends with the hunters, they won't even dare to say no once they MD them towards a healer standing near the boss entrance...

Boss entrance...boss....

So that fancy cloak druids have right? MD on a cloaked druid standing on stand-by infront of that big mean dwarf or big mean orc, something tells me it will blow the kitty or bear's cover.

I <3 hunters
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Arcane shot used alot can get boring to look at, however kill command has the punch animation and its fun.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I'm assuming the op is new-ish. Maybe take it easy on some of the abbreviations.

Um. *embarrassed look* Even I know don't understand all of them. <_<

:-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Lockles
So that fancy cloak druids have right? MD on a cloaked druid standing on stand-by infront of that big mean dwarf or big mean orc, something tells me it will blow the kitty or bear's cover.

Rogues can do it too. My rogue has assassinated many a raid member who were being retards.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
12/06/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Stalkings

Rogues can do it too. My rogue has assassinated many a raid member who were being retards.

Apparently, you can't Feign Death pull Gara'jal to force him to despawn. I used to have a lot of fun doing that on Rag and other bosses while waiting for the rest of my raid team to get back. I tried it on Gara'jal the other day, and he ignored my FD then rofl-stomped the rest of the raid because they were AFK.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Strong troll
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Mastery /thread.
Reply Quote
You can really tell some of the old school hunters in this thread. Kill Command is BM only for those confused as to how other specs use it. They don't...anymore. Even when it was available to all 3 specs as a base skill, only BM really used it because it was was a focus pig and had no place in an MM or SV rotation. As BM, it IS your nuke shot. And, it's one of the biggest drawbacks to BM. If your pet can't attack the target or is dead, you lose your primary nuke and are down to Arcane Shot and Cobra Shot only.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Agreed Ajr it was a useless focus waste in times of old but now FF and RF its up so much its stupid waste not to use. Like the idiots who asked why i set iceblankets down in dungeons with my Survy hunter uh DUH procs
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Your enemy has 2 HP
KC does 2 HP damage
Arcane Shot does 1 HP damage
Which would you choose?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Neither I begin Taming ...always wanted my own <insert class name> pet
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
THIR NO THIR lol :)

Met Ermy in Oahu when he was en route to the Iwa anniv.

Asked a few friends to walk around without kill command...first thing they did was change specs lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]