The Blood Hunt: Jan11/12/13 - Tonight!

90 Night Elf Rogue
The Blood Hunt

The Blood Hunt is a trial and competition designed to test one's abilities as a warden. It tests one's logical thinking, cunning and tenacity during the hunt for the guilty. The hunt is a festival as well as a practical test of one's skills, wherein those who don't participate are able to attend other events going on alongside the hunts.

Due to pressure from the Temple, Warden Melyria Starstrike has opened the trial to all races of the Alliance. All who participate will strike out into Azeroth in a quest to bring down the enemies of Darnassus.

The winner of the competition will receive the honorary title “Sin'Mush'a” or “Blood Hunter” and a specially forged blade to commemorate their skills. Those who succeed in this trial will have the Moonblade's respect, grudging or otherwise.

OOC

The Blood Hunt is an elimination based competition and scavenger hunt. Every player will be assigned a slip of paper detailing the target, information on their crimes, information on their behavior and personality and other details that may help track them down. There will be two of each slip, meaning that every participant will be racing against another, randomly chosen participant for the objective. The winner progresses to the next tier and to a harder target. Eventually, the event will culminate in a final race for a target between the best competitors.

Should the allotted time for each tier be reached and no winner for each target hasn't been decided, the unclaimed targets will log off, their hunters will be recalled to Darnassus and a new, short skill challenge will be issued to decide the winner.

It should be noted that each target can be highly varied in both difficulty and type. Targets will be using MRP profiles different from their own, so their names can't be /who'd from the information on the slip of paper. Furthermore, targets may be under other effects that make them difficult to identity. Horde targets may not flag up until their hunter approaches, potion of illusion may be in effect to change their baseline race, the target may be found within a structure or stealthed until their hunter enters the area.

In many cases, roleplay may be needed to complete the objective. Player characters assigned to each target may be found or referenced in the slips of information, ranging from snitches, witnesses and gossips. Roleplaying with these individuals may waste time but could produce highly valuable clues as to the target's location or motives. Even targets may require a degree of roleplay to take down, ranging from giving chase to a teleporting mage or using your smooth words to coax a high profile target into a secluded area to shackle them without public notice.
Edited by Melyria on 1/11/2013 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Details
When: January 11, 12 and 13. Running from 7pm to approximately 10pm server each day.
Where: At first Darnassus, though each target may be found all across Azeroth.

Schedule

January 11
On Friday we will hold the mass elimination round. Three checkpoints will need to be accessed. The first riddle will be offered to the crowd in Darnassus. The second checkpoint's riddle will be given to you by the first checkpoint. The third checkpoint's riddle will be given to you by the second.

The first 24 players to reach the third checkpoint will make it to the next day's competition. If less than 24 finish, the 24 who made it furthest will be selected.

January 12
On Saturday we'll be having our first two hunts. The 24 players will be reduced to 12 by the first, then to 6 by the second hunt.

January 13
On Sunday we'll have our last two hunts. This will reduce our contestants to 3. The event will finish the the 3 players seeking to come out on top with one last hunt.

Festival Events

Each day, to hold any spectator's interest, we'll be holding two events. These are TBA but any Night Elf guild or organization may request to do a public event during this time and we'll pencil them in.
Edited by Melyria on 12/4/2012 9:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Rules and Regs

To keep things fair there will be some rules and regulations put forward to even the score between players. This list may be updated should something be brought to our attention.

Player Restrictions

1. It is suggested that you be level 85 and have Azerothian flying. No targets will be found in Pandaria, but Northrend, Outland, Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are all fair game. If you lack the ability to fly in any of these zones you may find yourself at a severe disadvantage.

2. We request any non-Hearthstone based teleport not be used in order to keep things fair. This includes class teleports, item teleports or profession based teleports. I suggest putting your hearth to the Shrine in Pandaria, which has a portal to each major city.

Fair Play Restrictions

1. Passing information. Passing any information, ranging from asking outside sources (players not competing) to look for your target, inside sources (players competing) to tell you the location of a target. Accepting or requesting this information results in a disqualify, giving this information results in a disqualify.

2. Taking a dive. Intentionally losing to allow your partner to win will result in a potential disqualify for both parties.

3. Griefing. Griefing another player's hunt, requesting others do so, etc, will result in a disqualify.

4. Making yourself known. Revealing who you're hunting may result in your rival hunter knowing who you are. Doing so may end in a disqualify.

5. Trailing. Especially in the first round, trailing people intentionally to piggyback on them may result in a disqualify.

Disqualifications are not called out immediately. To prevent potential trolling, lash outs and revenge shots, DQs will only be announced upon the end of each tier.

Furthermore, disqualifications may be called if there is enough evidence of cheating going on. Just play it fair and everyone will have fun.
Edited by Melyria on 12/4/2012 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Because of the size of this event I am asking if people are interested in helping they say so here. We are in need of specific jobs:

Targets
Targets are those who are being hunted.
Number needed: 25 to 30

Requirements/Restrictions
1. Horde or Alliance. We requrest Horde not be higher than level 80 to allow for easier kills.
2. Must have MRP or FlagRSP or anothe flagging mod to load a new character identity.
3. Must be willing to roleplay. Even if you are playing a run-of-the-mill thug, be prepared to spend an hour or so standing around, roleplaying the character in hiding.
4. Be prepared to either roll a low level alt, use a low level alt or use a new MRP flag for your character.
5. Must be willing to be silent to any and all friends for the duration to prevent leaking of information.

Maskers
Some targets may use Potions of Illusion to mask their original race or play a non-player race.
Numbers needed: Any, even 1 would be nice.

1. Must be a stealth class. Druids/Hunters/Night Elf/Rogue. Rogue prefered because of Glyph of Disguise.
2. Must be willing to stand around and simply help the target maintain their disguise by Potion of Illusion swapping.
3. Must be willing to be quiet during the duration of the event to prevent information leaking.

Officials
Simply those who monitor the event
Numbers needed: 5

1. Must be free for at least one day's event. All three would be amazing.
2. Must have a flying mount.
3. Must be confidential as you'll likely have target information.

NPCs
Those who play a new character to help for a specific target. These can be barkeeps with information, sources of information or witnesses to a crime.
Numbers needed: Any, though 10 would be ideal.

1. Must be confidential as you'll be given information about a target.
2. Must be willling to play a new character as per information given about their personality. Think of those party-murder mystery roleplays.
Edited by Melyria on 12/4/2012 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I hope you reserved all four Halo games with these posts.

Oh man, I'd totally love to participate in this. But it sounds geared more towards rogues or traveling types. Wish I had a character that could participate!
Edited by Waraxe on 12/4/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
This is looking interesting :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
This looks interesting and reminds me of the SWTOR bounty hunter questline.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/04/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Rennalie

:X That story was good up until the Mandalorian part and ridiculous grudge stuff. Could of had better companions too, not just Gault and Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/04/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Waraxe

:X That story was good up until the Mandalorian part and ridiculous grudge stuff. Could of had better companions too, not just Gault and Blizz.

That's why I went Smuggler after a while.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
A perfect way to get exalted with Melyria.

IT'S ON
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/04/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Rennalie

That's why I went Smuggler after a while.

I didn't play that one, so I can't really comment on it. I'll assume it was worth it though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
There, all finished.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm in.

Blood Hunter Andry gon win.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Wow this looks really cool! Glad to see you guys doing events again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Felthier

We've been doing some storyline stuff for the guild since... oh, patch 5.0. Also got another Moonblade theatre production coming up at the end of January as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/04/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Melyria

We've been doing some storyline stuff for the guild since... oh, patch 5.0. Also got another Moonblade theatre production coming up at the end of January as well.

I guess more on the lines of the competition events that you guys host. Similar to the Kaldorei olympics that you guys do every year.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Falkoen's going to be keeping tabs on this event...

Doubt I could commit any time to it, though. New semester starts by then, I believe, and Falkoen's going to be in Pandaria anyway.
Reply Quote
Mark me as either a target or an official...whatever's needed.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I gotta check when my winter break ends. I'll help if I'm available.
Reply Quote
Sounds like a really fun event, too bad Manstein's an old man. D:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]