Tricks of our Trade: Evade the Redonkulous

100 Blood Elf Rogue
In an attempt to bring the rogue community together, I say we follow in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem, Mangle: Bear, and more recently Power Word: (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains this. Link and info taken from Elethia's Power Word: Threads) and try to keep each thread up and running to cap.

The Archives for the Tricks of our Trade threads can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4038615496?page=1#0

So, down to the business! Rules of the Thread are as follows:

1. Play nice! We're here to help boost the community, not rip it to shreds with our daggers! Every rogue has the right to come post on the forums, so please no bashing other players in the thread (or any others for that matter). Disagreements will happen, but don't let them turn into screaming matches.

2. Its all about having fun with your fellow rogues! Try not to change the subjects to hating whatever the flavor of the month class is or whatnot. We want the rogue community to look good! (at least, on the surface :P). Casual chatting between the rogues is encouraged.

3. Try to help out your fellow players! Whether it be for pve, pvp, soloing content, 1v1ing, stealthing through Orgrimmar or Stormwind for giggles, or whatever may come up. After all, it'll only make us look better as a whole.

4. More to be added if needed later.

We have a vent server now, kindly donated by one of our own!
Rogue Vent:

legacy.darkstarvent.com

No password

Discussion Topic: What IS Heartcrusher doing down in that basement?
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I feel sorry for the Sha of Fear. I'm watching Paragon's kill video, and the poor guy tries so hard to be intimidating. It's like he was a little tike of a raid boss back during Ulduar, and saw big uncle Yogg'Saron being a badass, and has had dreams of being that epic himself for all these years. But... nothing.

The fight might be kind of cool, I'm not sure. But the sound files...
100 Night Elf Rogue
I kind of hate to be the combo breaker, but I doubt you'll post again without someone else doing so first, so I feel like I should pin something on you for technically authoring five consecutive TooT posts.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I sorry. :'(

I didn't mean to cap the last one either, lol.

// edit //

Holy !@$#. Lightning just struck my skull. I think Fisher Kel Tath is an Azathanai.
Edited by Verelyse on 12/4/2012 3:33 PM PST
100 Human Rogue
I avoid it like the plague. I'm not sure why.

Probably because I am lazy.
93 Worgen Death Knight
12/04/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Verelyse
Discussion Topic: What IS Heartcrusher doing down in that basement?

Dealing with the incompetence of lesser beings.

How many times do I have to show people how to do the task and yet they can't repeat it.
100 Human Rogue
If there was one director of films I would want making movies forever it would be Stanley Kubrick. His attention to detail borders beyond insane.

Like the fact that for Dr Strangelove, that B-52 in the movie? It was built from the ground up to be so correct that it scared the military. It was still classified at that moment in time.

Still, the original ending would have been better. Where the war room broke out in a pie fight and the president is slain by a pie. Freaking JFK. Stop ruining movies.

Yes please. I don't know why, and its become a a bit cliche to say this now, but the sound from the kid riding the big wheel in "The Shining" always sticks in my head. The echo sound as he rides over the hardwood, to the muffled sound on the rug, and back again just seemed so cool for some reason.
90 Human Rogue
1 more week til my Sub runs out...

I don't actually miss not playing =/ I'll miss the people I played with moreso, though I do have quite a few of them on steam/facebook/etc so that works out I guess. Also Rouge Legion facebook is awesome, good job whoevers idea that is... just need to figure out some of your names on there who don't use your WoW name, which I don't either.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Zanumas
need to figure out some of your names on there who don't use your WoW name, which I don't either.

There was a complete list in one of the older comments you can dig up.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
http://i.imgur.com/645Mt.jpg

I might've taken today's Daily Blink a little too literally.
Edited by Verelyse on 12/5/2012 5:27 AM PST
90 Human Rogue
need to figure out some of your names on there who don't use your WoW name, which I don't either.

There was a complete list in one of the older comments you can dig up.

Ah, cool. Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/645Mt.jpg

I might've taken today's Daily Blink a little too literally.

Ha, nice. Also, what didn't you like about T12? I personally loved T12, and found T13 to be a huge letdown. H Madness at 25-30% felt like normal at 0%. I don't remember so many people steamrolling H LK in WOTLK with the buff there.
Edited by Zanumas on 12/5/2012 6:47 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Zanumas
Ha, nice. Also, what didn't you like about T12? I personally loved T12, and found T13 to be a huge letdown. H Madness at 25-30% felt like normal at 0%. I don't remember so many people steamrolling H LK in WOTLK with the buff there.

I've never been able to put my finger on it, but I just really didn't like T12. The bosses felt like more of a series of arcade games lined up in a basement rather than a raid. Although Alysrazor was kind of fun.

I guess the environment/atmosphere just didn't sit right with me for some reason.

The whole tier just felt perfunctory.

It would've been a lot better if we'd gotten a full raid tier, though. Instead of just half of one.
Edited by Verelyse on 12/5/2012 7:23 AM PST
100 Night Elf Rogue
I'm with the Z. I enjoyed T12 overall, with the exception of 1) the amount of up-front trash clearing required and 2) Rhyolith (because I usually called out the steering and it was VERY STRESSFUL).

I really liked Alysrazor, until our group outgeared it so badly that we'd spend 45 seconds just standing there waiting for a phase change.

I also enjoyed Shannox, because it was fun to disarm ice traps around the boss, and I even kind-of-sort-of liked running around after puppies.

Ragnaros basically destroyed our raid group, though. :)
Baleroc is the only fight I liked in T12.

Rag was fun, but frustrating because of all the morons in my raid group who kept getting killed or couldn't kill their add.
100 Night Elf Rogue
I'd love to be able to do a rogue poll and see how many folks enjoy the tank-and-spankiest fight in a tier most. For me, they tend to be the most boring. I didn't like Baleroc much. Ultraxion either. H-Ultraxion was an exception (though I guess pretty much H-anything would be), because of the unique combination of Combat being so incredibly spammy at that point in the expansion and the need to time cooldowns properly with approaching extraactionbutton hits.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
/vendors cursed vision of sargeras #2 with a grumble

Thanks Meabh though, the council was a LOT easier this week after doing what you said. :)

/trucks off to Naxxramas
The only reason I like tank and spank fights was for the dps race.

Bragging rights are important bro :P
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't mind an occasional tank-and-spank.

It's fun to see how far you can push the DPS meter, and it's a bit relaxing between mechanics-intensive encounters (although, apparently Ultraxion had one of the hardest mechanics in the whole instance).
Edited by Verelyse on 12/5/2012 11:53 AM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
No DPS race will ever beat Vaelastrasz!

Such a relaxing encounter after the annoyance that was Razorgore.
100 Human Rogue
/vendors cursed vision of sargeras #2 with a grumble

Thanks Meabh though, the council was a LOT easier this week after doing what you said. :)

/trucks off to Naxxramas

glad I could help

Last night after our raid some of us were bored and we went and 5 manned all of H BoT and BWD (didn't bother trying sinestra). I got to be on my rogue for everything but chim and nef because the dps war w/ tank offspec didn't know how to taunt or kite properly. It was one of the best times I've had in WoW in a while.

I still <3 soloing twilight realm for H twin dragons.

Also, H cho'gall with 0 ranged dps was interesting. I ended up suiciding by killing slimes then got a Brez, killed with only 2 big adds out.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]