Tricks of our Trade: Evade the Redonkulous

100 Human Rogue
How is Nef phase 2 with 15s interrupts? Or do you just kill them before a 2nd cast now?
12/05/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Andrraste
you just kill them before a 2nd cast now

Pretty much.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Ok, so I might easily be the only person in this thread who watches the anime The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall, but part of this week's episode was GLORIOUS. If you have a chance to watch episode 9, skip to 12:23.

Akasaka Ryunosuke is not patient with bull!@$#. XD
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Can anyone explain what I should be looking for in a wireless router/modem/thingy?

My family needs one, and I have no idea what to look for.

Should we just call Verizon and get another modem from them, or buy one somewhere else?
Edited by Verelyse on 12/5/2012 2:22 PM PST
100 Human Rogue
For nef P2, they only recast the thing every 15 sec, so you can solo interrupt it.

That said, we had 2 blood dks, dps war, rogue, mistweaver, so every one of us could interrupt.

Platforms were rogue, war/monk, double dk.
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Verelyse
Can anyone explain what I should be looking for in a wireless router/modem/thingy?

One that works. Don't buy a cheap one; it'll break. Don't buy an expensive one; you probably don't need all the wacky frills.

The nice thing about doing it through Verizon is that it's a one-step deal. Internet goes into Verizon modem/router, and then out into the air, where it probably makes us infertile but gives us that sweet, sweet Web we need. If you buy a wireless router on your own, then it goes Internet => existing wired (Verizon) router => wireless router, which adds extra spots where things can go wrong, IMO.

But that's totally just me. I know there's folks who hate relying on Verizon for their hardware.
100 Human Warrior
I helped some guildies by tanking a BWD transmog run. I didn't tank that instance at all, and I dps'd it like once. It was entertaining.

I got knocked into the lava pit by that annoying trash dragon that I didn't know had a knockback, survived because of Second Wind, and hopped over to an island.

Vent:

"Dude, where are you?"

"Chilling on an island."

"Get back up here!"

"How? It's a giant cylindrical pit, full of lava, that I survived with pure luck and the fact that these pixels are slightly higher than the other ones and less lethal. There's no visible way back up."

Ret paladin who's supposed to be offtanking but doesn't know how and is higher in HPS than DPS just starts laughing really hard, like the kind of laughter where you can barely even hear it because their chest is spasming so hard.

Silence for a moment as he calms down.

Then I hear, "Oh goddammit" over vent and our mage lands right next to me and says in /say "I didn't want you to be lonely."

Our paladin and druid just lost it at that point. Eventually I specced out of Second Wind, hopped back into the lava to die, and tanked quite expertly until I had to leave after Maloriak. I managed to survive tanking the adds and the boss at the same time because apparently said paladin didn't hear the fact that the adds need a separate tank >.>

It was great.
90 Pandaren Monk
So I run BT a total of 3 times on my monk compared to lord knows how many times on my sexual Rogue (Sucia) and in the 2nd run I get the MH.

"No biggie. I have the MH on my Rogue anyway. At least its not the OH!"

*the following week, Illidan death*

In my best Darth Vader voice - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
90 Pandaren Monk
Well played Blizz Gods that be. This practical joke you have played not only broke my heart but in one single-handed destroyed my dreams, my libido, and my spirit. Well played.
100 Human Rogue

Should we just call Verizon and get another modem from them, or buy one somewhere else?

Make sure it has b/g/n. Dual transmitters are nice. I have one set on g for better compatibility with some devices, and the other set to n for better range, coverage and speed. Use the security settings. Do not use WPA. You need WPA2 or better, since the original can be cracked in a grand total of a few hours under heavy network traffic.

Set plain language password, something like "pie table ferret". Which is pretty secure but doesn't wrack your brain. Remember, make it easy to spell, the longer the better, more words the better , no sentences. You'll likely be telling someone this over the phone, and I don't know about you, but it seems most people can't spell anything. I do this since hexadecimal keys are a pain to give to visitors, and trying to do the one button setup is a pain.

Most any current router can meet your needs. It shouldn't cost more than $75 or so.
Edited by Aeriwen on 12/5/2012 10:56 PM PST
I officially hate UPS now. They charged me $35 for shipping, then hit my grandmother up for $100 C.O.D import charge while I was at work.

The !@#$ is that %^-*.
100 Undead Rogue

Make sure it has b/g/n. Dual transmitters are nice. I have one set on g for better compatibility with some devices, and the other set to n for better range, coverage and speed. Use the security settings. Do not use WPA. You need WPA2 or better, since the original can be cracked in a grand total of a few hours under heavy network traffic.

Set plain language password, something like "pie table ferret". Which is pretty secure but doesn't wrack your brain. Remember, make it easy to spell, the longer the better, more words the better , no sentences. You'll likely be telling someone this over the phone, and I don't know about you, but it seems most people can't spell anything. I do this since hexadecimal keys are a pain to give to visitors, and trying to do the one button setup is a pain.

Most any current router can meet your needs. It shouldn't cost more than $75 or so.

Also, going through Fate Zero here. Its great.
100 Human Rogue
Double destro/frost mage on a 5s team is retarded to go against.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Repatriate
Also, going through Fate Zero here. Its great.

This year was really good for anime. Next season... looking like not so much. -_-
I love my grandmother. Got home from work, had cake and home made chilli waiting for me :D

Also, all my water cooling parts are in Rfeann, Expect a step by step walkthrough of how I install everything sometime this week. Well not everything, I'm not disassembling the reservoir/pump housing because that was a pain to put together. And I'm pretty sure you know how to mount 120mm Fans so I'll skip that too >_>.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
So now GC is saying they "might not" nerf T14 at all until T15 has launched.

Anyone have a time machine I can use to start this tier over? >_>
12/07/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Verelyse
Anyone have a time machine I can use to start this tier over? >_>

Going to stick around now?
100 Blood Elf Rogue
No, it's a little late for that. I just would've spent my time differently up to this point.

I'll pay attention to whether or not they use nerfs and what they say about it going into T15, though.
90 Undead Rogue
I love it when people buy my Enchanting Vellums that I bought off a vender for 7s and put on the AH for 70s.

Edit: Next batch going in for a competitive 1g per item. That's a 1328.57% profit assuming they sell. Well, minus what the AH takes I guess. Still.
Edited by Haileaus on 12/7/2012 11:15 AM PST
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/06/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Relikar
Also, all my water cooling parts are in Rfeann, Expect a step by step walkthrough of how I install everything sometime this week. Well not everything, I'm not disassembling the reservoir/pump housing because that was a pain to put together. And I'm pretty sure you know how to mount 120mm Fans so I'll skip that too >_>.

Oh yeah, I could do that in my sleep. I'd probably wake up with no hands, but I could still do it.

I gotta ask: I know the actual compu-death is terrible and really frustrating, and the UPS stuff sounds infuriating. But the part where you're actually putting all this together and setting it up and testing it -- fun?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]