Power Word: Disc I (PvP VIDEO)

90 Worgen Priest
Running Enhance, rogue, disc at 2k mmr. We did fight a few glads/arena masters. I have 2.3k experience and 2k is currentlly in duelist range (for those that care about rating).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfw9O1uNdvo&

This is my first real MoP PvP video. (After taking break from the year long arena season of Cata). Disc has problems, mainly that it is squishy, but I hope you enjoy the video as it was made for entertainment first and foremost. My main used to be a rogue and even though there are better comps to run I wanted to play with a rogue.

Will add the music tracklist in the video.

Enhancement Shaman: Ndnrenish
Subtlety Rogue: Bleed
Disc Priest: Truewan

Edited by Truewan on 11/21/2012 12:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I will always get more views in the rogue forum than I ever will get in the priest forum, interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I saw the video. You are being lifted up by your friends. I would like to have friends like that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well, you've tanked to 1800, any comments on disc as of now? I'm genuinely curious btw.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Disc is really sad atm. It's not so much getting trained that's the problem, because that has been around forever. They always relied on being peeled. I've been PvP'ing since season 9 and have been 2300+ since season 10 and close to 2400 in Season 11. I've played with my disc friend every season and now it's to painful to even attempt to do games. In my opinion the real issue is the mana issues. Literally he goes oom in the first 2 minutes. And just glancing at this video I could see one game where they he was at 35% in the first minute of the game. Why bilizzard is ignoring the real issue here and instead giving them a passive 20% damage reduction again, is not what the problem is.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
I was considering playing disc after 5.1 hits. How do you feel about the throughput of disc compared to other healers? (raw healing power) I feel like 16k penances are inadequate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That is 100% accurate and all priests are forced to use flash heal. While paladins and resto shamans seem to always prefer greater healing wave and Divine heal. It's just almost unreal that priests are in their current state.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I was considering playing disc after 5.1 hits. How do you feel about the throughput of disc compared to other healers? (raw healing power) I feel like 16k penances are inadequate.

Burst heals are high if set up, due to 4pc bonus, but we do have to cast a looooot of flash/greater heal to keep people up, that's why we go OOM imo.
Edited by Cybele on 11/24/2012 8:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
IMO the mana issues are the major problem. Just run into a BG and throw a few heals that you would have done in Cata with no real problem and you are down to 80 or even 70% mp in under a minute if not a few seconds.

I put on my pvp gear, which ATM is only 3 Malv pieces and the rest dreadful, and a PW shield, mending, two flash heals and a greater brings me to 80% mp. Or swap a flash for a penance, same outcome. But, hoping something will be done I'm screwing around in shadow that I haven't touched in ages, and slowly buying healing pieces. I much prefer to pvp heal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
11/24/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Ocyla
IMO the mana issues are the major problem.

Personally I have more issues with the lack of tools to help my team go offensive.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yes there is that too but as it stands right now even if we had those tools, which I agree we don't, I wouldn't be able to cast them being OOM so fast and all...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/21/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Mahadev
I saw the video. You are being lifted up by your friends. I would like to have friends like that.

I'm flattered :)
lol
<3 Truewan!
Edited by Ndnrenish on 11/25/2012 12:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
11/22/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Elanar
Well, you've tanked to 1800, any comments on disc as of now? I'm genuinely curious btw.

Was at 2k mmr, team was only at 1900 lol.

11/23/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Promisesx

Our heals are better than all but paladin. We get hard countered by shamans still lol

music: bad

play: ok

level of carry from your team: astronomical

0/10
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i'd like to watch this soon truewan :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
11/27/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Tsilyi
i'd like to watch this soon truewan :)

You should lol, people complain or get mad about it. I make videos for entertainment. It's not for some show of skill or how great disc is. Those are... (lets call them misconceptions so they don't get upset).

But yes I think you'd enjoy it, most everyone that watches does enjoy it. (And they watch it because it's entertaining).

I like you Tsilyi, you're wan of the few who keeps your head on these forums lol

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How to beat a priest team. Survive 2 minutes, then win because the priest can only cast a heal every 2 seconds now. Putting the priest down for a paladin at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Awesome video, I can sure learn a few lessons from you! very nice job, especially as disc is not in the 'best' place right now :) If you're this good now, then you will be amazing in 5.1!
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
11/27/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Healzora
Awesome video, I can sure learn a few lessons from you! very nice job, especially as disc is not in the 'best' place right now :) If you're this good now, then you will be amazing in 5.1!

Disc is amazing for survivability now, but it was an overall nerf lol.
Reply Quote
Dat necro....

12/05/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Truewanx
lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]