Do people who do Star Wars...

22 Undead Warlock
Have some sort of obsession with arms and hands or something? I mean, first Luke loses his hand, then Anakin loses HIS hand, and in Episode III his legs and the rest of the pre-wounded arm, and I think a few people in other books and games also lose arms and hands all the friggin' time. I mean, seriously?

I'm not totally sure why this thread even exists; I just kind of felt like putting it here.
Edited by Srdotsalot on 11/25/2012 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Can't kill off a character but want to make something dynamic?

Off goes the limbs
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Still has nothing on Fullmetal Alchemist amputees/Automail. :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's a subtle plea. Lucas just really wants a hand.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm fairly certain Anakin's hand loss is meant to show a parallel between him and Luke. The rest of Anakin's maiming is probably symbolism about him losing his humanity and becoming more machine than man.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Eh light sabres, what do you expect?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
When making Star Wars, George Lucas was heavily influenced by Japanese films, especially the films of Akira Kurosawa. And in the Japanese martial arts tradition, there's this whole thing about cutting off body parts of your opponent.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Warrior
Hey if lightsabers were real, this would probably happen a lot more often in real life than it does in the Star Wars movies.

Also you forgot about Mace Windu in Episode III by the doing of Skywalker, as well as the Moss Eisley spaceport scene in Episode IV, just to name a few more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]