Extremely Overpowered classes(Healers)

90 Tauren Hunter
It has come to my attention, as i have done many battle grounds, that the healer classes are extremely over powered. I was recently in a battle ground where in there were nine people fighting one priest and of course, (do to healing, and lack of spell interruption in pvp) the priest won. I have seen the same thing against Paladins, Shamans, Druids, And Priests time and time again. This form of over powered character really makes battle grounds less enjoyable for everyone, (aside from said classes that are over powered). I have personally grown a form of resentment of all healers, both Horde and Alliance alike. I'm not the only one with these complaints and if something could be done about it, we would be very appreciative.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
You'll want to post in the Healer forum. There are no developers here, and the Blues here will not forward your suggestion to them.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
Every class (according to the others) is over powered. Always and forever this will be the argument.

My advice, roll a healer then.

Otherwise, post your suggestion on how to re-balance the game regarding healers in the Healers forum.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Of your supposed 9 people 0 people had interrupts or offensive dispels? The only priest that can take a beating like that is a disc priest, which is pretty squishy when you dispel them. Sounds like bad strategy honestly. I can say I haven't had an exceptionally hard time killing healers. Yes they can actually heal this expansion to keep themselves up if you don't stop them from healing, but that is only fair in my eyes. You have to use some of your character's spells to actually counteract the healers instead of just DPSing through it.

But anyway if you want to make a suggestion about healers, post on the healer forum. If you have any ideas on how to change PVP to make it more balanced post on the PVP forum.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
9 people cant kill 1 priest = bad player's shaman can purge pretty much all effects and each class has at least an interupt or a dispel sometimes both. Instead of qq L2 pew pew
Reply Quote
as I have done many battle grounds

Stopped reading there. Troll or dumb, either way I've already wasted too much brainpower on this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you're having trouble killing a healing priest you're doing something very wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/26/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Noplz
If you're having trouble killing a healing priest you're doing something very wrong.

Shhh. Remember, we're supposed to lay down and die as soon as we see a DPS. They should just be able to look at us, and we fall over. No intelligence or effort required!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
11/26/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Noplz

^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Nine of you? I call troll.

But just in case you are actually serious, you might wanna investigate the use of scatter shot, silencing shot, Glyph of ExShot, Freezing Trap, Intimidation, pet cc, etc etc etc ad naseum. You should be able to tie up a healer all by yourself. Or L2P, 3-4 dps should be able to brute force through a priest's heals.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
It has come to my attention, as i have done many battle grounds, that the healer classes are extremely over powered. I was recently in a battle ground where in there were nine people fighting one priest and of course, (do to healing, and lack of spell interruption in pvp) the priest won. I have seen the same thing against Paladins, Shamans, Druids, And Priests time and time again. This form of over powered character really makes battle grounds less enjoyable for everyone, (aside from said classes that are over powered). I have personally grown a form of resentment of all healers, both Horde and Alliance alike. I'm not the only one with these complaints and if something could be done about it, we would be very appreciative.
If this was endgame and 9 people couldn't take down a single priest that is just a HUGE L2P issue there. As far as a lack of interrupts in the game, its quite the opposite, there are way to many interrupts in the game, its just a matter of if the player wishes to use it properly or even at all.
Reply Quote
I think we're all missing the important question here. If there was really a 9 on 1 fight going on, where the hell was the rest of either team?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/26/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Cranea
I think we're all missing the important question here. If there was really a 9 on 1 fight going on, where the hell was the rest of either team?

My guess is trying to 9 v 1 the other team's OP healing priest...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/25/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Diyaeosi
lack of spell interruption in pvp

So because you and your team didn't know how to click your interrupt, healers should be nerfed?

Every class has an interrupt in one form or another. The fact that there were 9 of you and not a single one could silence, fear, disorient, interrupt, stun, blind... oh wait you're just lying because someone beat you in a bg.

:D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
what Fluffy said...ltp
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i would also like to add that any player worth his/her salt always target/kill healer first, so if we have the ability to live a few mins so sorry, i bet you are quite happy when your healer stays alive and drops some heals on ya
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
At around level 14 this does hold quite a bit more truth. But it's more like "There were three healers defending the flag. Capping that flag was nigh impossible."

At 90, I've seen healers hold off two or three people. I myself die very, very fast versus even one well geared or competent player.
Edited by Hujuwanmehel on 11/27/2012 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
84 Pandaren Monk
. I have seen the same thing against Paladins, Shamans, Druids, And Priests time and time again.

MW monks no OP? Darnnn
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/26/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Valrys
Nine of you? I call troll.

I agree. We all know there are no BG's with that many non-bots.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]