Extremely Overpowered classes(Healers)

90 Human Priest
lol at this.

I bet this hunter opens with silencing shot, too!!! (love when that happens)

Honestly?? If you can't kill a healing priest 9v1, you just need to stop quein into BG's. Did the priest Smite 9 people to death? Didn't happen.

You have L2P issues, so your solution is to nerf healers cause you are ignorant to your own class abilities? Please.... stop posting on the forums and go read something useful instead of creating these garbage threads.
Reply Quote
Maybe it wasn't 9 v 1, and the guy qqing couldn't see the second or likely third player healing the priest as well just to act as a distraction while the rest of the team capped.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Maybe he phrased it wrong and meant there were 9 healers against 1 dps? That has happened to me before...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
9v1 and the priest won you say? I call bull$#it.

Edited for typo.
Edited by Paladius on 12/5/2012 6:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I saw me an octopus once but I've never seen me a phantom russian submarine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tell me this priests name so I can learn from a master.

9v1... healspec... and he won?

Somethings not right here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Any one that does not see a clear problem with healers, either is a healer, or simply has not been playing pvp enough as more players have become more geared.... I have had ridiculous trouble killing far less geared healers, and I assumed for a long time, I was simply being out played... then I off-spec'd holy... and I realized not only were these healers too strong, but effortlessly so.. All I had to do was simply spam my instant cast heals no matter what I was getting hit with... no casting, meant no chance of interrupting. The problem is that effective health has become too high, for every additional point of pvp power a dps gets it is further reduced by an additional point of resilience... meaning if your target has 70% resilience, each 1% of pvp power increase you get only actually increases your overrall damage by .3%... There is a certain point at which a healers damage mitigation becomes so high, that simply waiting for your instant cast heal CD to reset is enough to counter point for point any damage that has been done to you.. The current scaling of pvp stats has drifted too far in that direction.. I understand there is more strategy going on via CC's, targeting, dmg CD's, etc... but healers should be something that require a COLLECTIVE strategy on part of their team to protect... Not by default have enough survivability to survive regardless.. PvP should be strategy not stalemate
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You were all so busy tunnelling that Priest, that you neglected to see the other healers healing him. Even a 9 person dog-pile of scrubs can kill a priest.
Reply Quote
@Phally, your xmog is hideous and you're a ret paladin. Ret's have never been good at killing healers and the OP is in full contender's and whining.. gg. I don't have the best gear, but I went from 92k word of glory crits to 72k. It's definitely an L2P issue if you can't kill a healer as of now. They went way overboard with this battle fatigue nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lost a BG.

Goin' to the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you don't see a problem that someone pushing 70% resilience that gains another 5% res, gains a damage reduction of ~18% caused by the default 40% we all start out with, is pushing towards a ridiculous amount of dmg reduction that far outways the gain of pvp power for ALL classes, then you must enjoy stalemate... Blizz's restructuring of resilience and pvp stats is hugely scewed... I don't just mean healers.... because of dmg mitigation and effective health being so high, small regen/auto heals are huge, you see warriors with more healing than hybrid classes... every single class in the game should not have such huge regen and healing abilities, if res was lower these heals would count for a lot less.... over 10k regen a second is OP.. my problem is not so much just how it effects healers, but that res has made classes that should have little healing/regen now have auto heals and regen that are more effective than classes that have to cast for less or the same amount of health... Oh and btw.... ty for assuming that my xmog has anything to do with the scewed implementing of resilience... constructive conversationg...
Edited by Phally on 12/18/2012 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/18/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Phally
If you don't see a problem that someone pushing 70% resilience that gains another 5% res, gains a damage reduction of ~18% caused by the default 40% we all start out with,

The game has been about cc and not burst for some time now. I would suggest using said cc's to help yourself as opposed to claiming everyone is overpowered. You have two interrupt and a sleep, if you take repentance, and combined with whoever you are playing with should be more than enough to get down a healer. Move these abilities to your action bar and amazing things can happen. Maybe even keybind them for easier use so you don't have to click the icon.

edit: i just looked at your spec and you took movement reducing talent as opposed to a cc/interrupt, gg, no wonder everyone seems op.
Edited by Sadiemay on 12/18/2012 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Undead Priest
i know im not at 90 but i can only hold of 2 or 3 people. getting stunned or silenced 3 times in a row usually does the job. either those "9" people have no clue what their CCs are or they're awful. No healer is impossible to kill atm.
Reply Quote
81 Undead Priest
and ive been burst down by good players before i can even pop a shield.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sadiemay, ty for actually suggesting something :) .... I understand and agree with what you are saying... for me as a melee class (with no charge) a good portion of the game for me is simplly trying to stay on my target and not be kited around... having to choose between slowing enemy movement speed, which allows me to even hit them, and a powerful cc is a huge dilema that I constantly go back and forth on and is probably the hardest talent to have to choose from as a paladin... atm if I sacrifice a ranged slow, I lose a great deal of the advantage of mobility against my target and spend half the time running around like a chicken with my head cut off, especially if I am feared half way across the arena, the slow in combination with judgement speed boost is hugely important to reaquiring my target... any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why do people insist on bringing up old threads? This was over a month ago. Healing has been nerfed into the ground, some classes more than others. If you are STILL whining about healers, the problem lies with YOU and nothing more than with YOU.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/25/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Diyaeosi
It has come to my attention, as i have done many battle grounds, that the healer classes are extremely over powered. I was recently in a battle ground where in there were nine people fighting one priest and of course, (do to healing, and lack of spell interruption in pvp) the priest won. I have seen the same thing against Paladins, Shamans, Druids, And Priests time and time again. This form of over powered character really makes battle grounds less enjoyable for everyone, (aside from said classes that are over powered). I have personally grown a form of resentment of all healers, both Horde and Alliance alike. I'm not the only one with these complaints and if something could be done about it, we would be very appreciative.

Really? The people you play with must suck, cause everytime I cast out a light of dawn suddenly I become the "FEAR HER, CHARGE HER, INTIMIDATING SHOUT HER, CHAIN STUN THE !@#% OUT OF HER, freeze her, hammer of justice her!!!" Punching bag for stuns. But that's just me; Oh not to mention interrupts when I do happen to get a infusion of light (which makes my big casts less than 1 second, yet somehow these people have the reaction time of gods). Half of the time in BG's in literally useless after I use my trinket, cause it's just on chain stun after another. And seriously, why is fear 8 seconds? But that's not important.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
lol
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
That's 100% bull lol.

Priests are currently the worst healing spec in PvP. If even two people couldn't kill a Disc Priest, the Priest is either overgearing and outclassing them, or the DPS are just terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/26/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Evolve
as I have done many battle grounds

Stopped reading there. Troll or dumb, either way I've already wasted too much brainpower on this.

I read "Extremely Overpowered classes(Healers)" and wanted to see if troll/dumb and then I cam in and remembered they aren't mutually exclusive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]