Les Mis Movie

90 Human Priest
Anyone going to give this a try?

Jury is still out on me. I enjoy the musical and watched both 10th and 25th concert. Seriously doubting the singing capabilities after watching the previews of the movie. However...Hathaway did her number justice - at least in the preview. And I know Eponine is going to be decent since it's the same girl that did Eponine for the 25th Anniversary concert and I'd like to think she did a pretty decent job (not as amazing as Salonga's Eponine but still).

....I guess I'm just happy they didn't pull the Marius from the 25th to perform in the movie...jeebus that was a horrible call.

Don't know about Cohen (anyone heard his number yet?) And I'm genuinely worried about Crowe's number. The short clip where he belted out two sentences really did not sound good, at all. To a point where I would not mind a voiceover...unless something drastically changes I am not looking forward to that.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm planning to go see it. I honestly don't care too much if they nail the musical portion or not as long as it doesn't sound absolutely terrible - I'd like to see it just because it looks like a really good movie.

Although... I kinda just want to sit close to the ticket booth when I go and spend awhile listening to how many different ways people try to pronounce the title... that alone would be worth the admission price.

Just one person saying Less Miserables straight off the cuff would make my day. ^_^
Edited by Verelyse on 11/27/2012 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I remember talking about it with friends months ago and being like "but December's so long away!" And now it's almost here. I've got decent hopes for it seeing the cast. Most of them do have some musical training (and Hathaway nailed Fantine in the trailer).

Colm Wilkinson is also pulling a cameo as the bishop. Who better to segue with Hugh Jackman than the man who is the face and voice of Valjean for all this time? So much squee.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Death Knight
11/27/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Verelyse
Although... I kinda just want to sit close to the ticket booth when I go and spend awhile listening to how many different ways people try to pronounce the title... that alone would be worth the admission price.

you should see if the theater will let you record that
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Honestly, if it is a musical, I will not see it in theaters. However, I still respect the director and investors for taking a huge risk with what is for all intents and proposes a dead medium since around the 1960s.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]