servers up, no new pets?

84 Human Warlock
11/27/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Hearus
There is hope, archeology is much improved one short expansion later!

At this point I'll take grinding for vial of the sands over sitting in one spot waiting on a non-combat pet spawn. When I left Everquest 2 years ago it was with the notion that I'd never again spend endless hours staring at the same few pixels. Waiting for a colored crystal to appear in Everfrost(one of four required for one small part of an epic quest line), I became bored to the point of no return.

I don't want WoW to make me bored to the point of no return, but considering recent developments with the game, it might someday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Toshley Station is run over by Cogblade Raptors. Maybe 20 or so. To bad when I land, CRZ takes affect and they all disappear. Talk about a killjoy. Back to playing Mario Wii U.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Someone just implied pet battles as Archaeology 2.0.

Oh Blizzard, you done goofed XD.

With the changes they've implemented it's definitely heading that way. Experience nerf and new pets with long spawn timers - yeah talk about a kill joy. What's even more annoying is that epic battles stones aren't in game and neither are legendary. May as well with the huge f up this patch is for pet battles.
Edited by Nightsbane on 11/27/2012 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Someone just implied pet battles as Archaeology 2.0.

Oh Blizzard, you done goofed XD.

With the changes they've implemented it's definitely heading that way. Experience nerf and new pets with long spawn timers - yeah talk about a kill joy. What's even more annoying is that epic battles stones aren't in game and neither are legendary. May as well with the huge f up this patch is for pet battles.
That's kind of ok, because unless you're able to catch pets that quality, your hands are tied by RNG or having LOTS of money if the stones are BoE. I am actually ok with that. $#!+ spawn times, though, not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That's really disappointing. All the new pet battle additions were what I was looking forward to most with this patch.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

Pretty much this. I'm almost fine with Minfernal spawns (yeah it sucks Extremely bad), but the huge exp nerf really cuts the pet battling fun by at least 50% minimum.

Cutting experience gains isn't necessary at all and max level pet battling will suffer a lot more for it.

In particular when the only advertised changes where buffs(panda tamers/pvp)

There seems to be some serious issues with communication between Blizz and the playerbase this expansion. Documenting non-bugs as bugs (Quick and the Dead nerf, the anniversary letter), stealth nerfs.. I just don't understand. Wasn't it Ghostcrawler who said there really isn't any point in the devs stealth nerfing anymore, since the players eventually find out anyway? Or as it turns out, are most oblivious, and it's just the small fraction of players who frequent the forums who would ever know?

Either way, it just doesn't look promising for Blizzard anymore. I feel as if our patch notes are being run through the PR. If you feel the need to discreetly lie about certain changes, maybe you should second guess implementing them in the first place.

Or if every single example is just a case of shoddy halfassing on Blizz's part, of throwing together announcements at the last second, is it an unfair assumption that the same level of effort is being attributed elsewhere in the game?

MoP has been a beautiful expansion, but underneath the gorgeous scenery there have been some really questionable design decisions, and the worst part of all is this feeling we're being deceived. Once or twice, I suppose it could happen to the best of us.. but I'm running out of fingers to count these instances now. What else am I supposed to think? It's kind of a !@#$ty feeling to think I can't trust the people behind the curtain anymore. It's starting to feel more like Emerald City than WoW, but I left my green-tinted glasses in the bank.
Edited by Jubba on 11/27/2012 11:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Disappointing. I thought that pet battles were supposed to be a fun mini-game, not a series of TLPD-like campouts. At least make wild pets cratable and sellable so that those of us with jobs and families have a way to obtain these pets :(
Reply Quote
Oh, they're spawning alright...in zones that are CRZ'd out of existance. I just saw a good 20 of those robo bears around Everlook in Winterspring while flying in...only for ALL of them to freakin vanish on landing.

Fix the gd CRZ so zones/realms that you're forcing us to cross into actually have some spawns. It's absolutely MEANINGLESS to say "some realms have spawns" when those realms can NOT be accessed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Oh, they're spawning alright...in zones that are CRZ'd out of existance. I just saw a good 20 of those robo bears around Everlook in Winterspring while flying in...only for ALL of them to freakin vanish on landing.

Fix the gd CRZ so zones/realms that you're forcing us to cross into actually have some spawns. It's absolutely MEANINGLESS to say "some realms have spawns" when those realms can NOT be accessed.

You do realize if that zone was open more than likely someone else would have used those pets all up, right?
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Hearus
You do realize if that zone was open more than likely someone else would have used those pets all up, right?

The point is, without CRZ, there's still the chance of actually getting one you happen to see while flying into the zone. That's all I want, is the chance.

I find it incredibly stupid for Blizz to say "they're spawning on realm X" when everyone from realm X, Y, and Z are CRZd into realm Y. Might as well be raining doughnuts on realm X, too.
Edited by Farhandl on 11/28/2012 5:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
11/28/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Farhandl
The point is,

The point is that zone doesn't really exist. If it was the zone you had access to it would be as empty as the zone you actually loaded into. Think of it as a mirage.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The point is,

The point is that zone doesn't really exist. If it was the zone you had access to it would be as empty as the zone you actually loaded into. Think of it as a mirage.

The zone you are in while on the FP is actually your own realm. When you land, there's a flash (and for me a slight freeze) and the next thing you know, you're on someone elses realm (I think it has to do with what realm has more people in that zone at the time).

I'd much rather be on my own realm when it comes to these mini's- at least then I'd have a chance and not have to wait hours for things to respawn.
Edited by Jujubiju on 11/28/2012 6:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Bashiok
They're random, so they're not going to spawn on every realm at the same time. So yeah, working as intended.

Working as intended and working are two different things....

This is a bad decision, poor community relations and a rather poor release for a company such as Blizzard. You guys are wrong, plain and simple. As someone already said, you killed fun.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
I would guess part of this was to make the safari hat more enticing. But, as they are bugged and didn't actually go out...

MOP release may not have been crashy but this expac has been damn buggy.
Reply Quote
Why do they have long timers? Isn't' the point to have more magic and other rarer pet types available earlier in the game?

This was my thought as well. At least some of these new pets should have rapid respawns. Not only do we want to catch these things, we need a sizable pool if we're trying to get family-specific battle stones from them.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Bashiok
The new pets are on fairly long spawn timers, and are randomized (i.e. will not spawn on server restart). We've confirmed they have been spawning on some realms, so just keep an eye out!

Why are they on such long spawn timers, though? Now, obviously I'm wrong about it, but I thought it was nice to add new pets of the underrepresented types in combination with those upgrade stones. Obviously you're going to have a lot more critter, beast, aquatic, and flying stones to upgrade pets because Pandaria is lousy with them. By adding more wild dragons, magic types, humanoids, and mechanicals, it means we'd be able to fight more of them and thus get the upgrade stones that they drop.
Except that's not the case.

I dunno, I guess everyone loved camping for a Minifernal, settling on the poor or common one that they managed to find after weeks of trying, and never using it. Can't wait to do it again with tiny yetis and flying books!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, there was a rolling restart just now and seems like every single hard to find pet will now be hard to find. All of those postings that say "You will have a chance at any server start to get a pet" will have to strike that off.

Edit: Interesting.. Nevermind.. I guess rolling restarts don't reset stuff..
Edited by Korendir on 11/28/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I really don't like this "Community Manager's" tone, either. He sounds a bit gleeful in people's misery. Schadenfreude much?

Keep an eye out. Do you even collect pets, Bashiok?

This is a huge kick in the teeth to everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Keep an eye out. Do you even collect pets, Bashiok?

Whether or not Bash does, really doesn't matter. The Devs could easily have him brought to one of those 'Fly-by' realms that people see during flight paths. I wouldn't be surprised if one day you see "Bashiok" roaming around one of those realms...

"Bashiok waves at you." Hehe..

Edit: Deleted other post cause this came up late...
Edited by Korendir on 11/28/2012 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]