servers up, no new pets?

90 Pandaren Mage
11/27/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Tyburn
Battle Pets was too fun as side game, better inject painful grinds that are hard on casuals.

I know, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Edited by Leni on 11/28/2012 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
73 Human Death Knight
11/27/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Bashiok
The new pets are on fairly long spawn timers, and are randomized (i.e. will not spawn on server restart). We've confirmed they have been spawning on some realms, so just keep an eye out!

Forgot to mention this decision is dumber than the live action Dragon Ball movie. Yes I am very mad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Bashiok

Is "some" realms rather than all the realms working as intended? Which special realms are these so I can go make alts on them?

They're random, so they're not going to spawn on every realm at the same time. So yeah, working as intended.

I think this is a load of BS, with cross realm zones all you do is frustrate us with this new addition. After all the camping and farming I did for the already bogus rare pets, I have to do it AGAIN for these new ones!? So much for being excited for nothing. CRZ would be a non issue if one 2 or 3 servers were together, not 5-6 including already high population servers when mine is medium. So I get to camp for Eons for these pets against other medium servers and a few high, and still cant find any fricken healers for MoP raids. Thank you blizzard for making the biggest thing I like about MoP a pain in the butt because of your stupid CRZ.

Hurray for being excited about new pets.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
This is, by far, the worst decision Blizz has ever made about a new feature.

"I know guys, lets add a bunch of new pets that everyone's going to want and make it so that if 1 of these guys shows up on your server all day, you're server got super lucky! Won't it be fun for all the people who are sitting around, staring at their screen, waiting hours and hours doing nothing at all? THIS IS BRILLIANT!"

Good going Blizz. At least old pets were farmable. Now I just sit and stare and do nothing. You guys are bloody geniuses!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
people seem upset, even Ronbeargundy weighed in on it. I hope we see patches making this at least a little tolerable, it's one thing to extend the existence of irritating mechanics (minfernals etc) but to explode them to the majority of new pets seems a tad...

...oh I SEE, you're all gearing up for the warlock green fire in 5.2 now, and have unleashed your inner evil! Bravo!
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage
11/27/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Nightsbane
The new pets are on fairly long spawn timers, and are randomized (i.e. will not spawn on server restart). We've confirmed they have been spawning on some realms, so just keep an eye out!

And what about the experience nerf for pet battles, tamers, everything? It's a bit insane to say the least...

Secondly what's the point of long spawn timers if you guys wanted certain pet types to be more represented. Honestly

There is a significant difference between adding more pets to a family and having them spawn constantly. I don't think Blizzard ever said all pets would be easy to get. Part of pet battles is hunting for pets. If they are always up it isn't exactly hunting now is it? Oh wait I forgot. This is the "gimmie gimmie gimmie" crowd.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage
11/27/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Hearus
Anyone else find it odd the eye in deadwind spawns by itself and it is level 17.

How is it odd? The level range for pets in that zone is 17-18.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage
11/27/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Tyburn
Why do they have long timers? Isn't' the point to have more magic and other rarer pet types available earlier in the game?

The key word is rare. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage

What do you want them to say? Obviously the nerf means they felt players were being awarded too much xp. Seems rather obvious to me.

Hi level 1 panda troll.

How am I trolling? What other reason would they nerf xp? Just to screw with players? This is an honest question. Why do you think they nerfed xp? Maybe I'm missing something here but the only reason I can think of is they thought we were getting too much xp. I never said I agreed with it only that it seems obvious they didn't like the amount of xp we were getting.
Edited by Xanzül on 11/28/2012 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
What other reason would they nerf xp? Just to screw with players? This is an honest question. Why do you think they nerfed xp?

While no doubt it was because of leveling speed. The simpler way to fix it would have been set shares of xp for teams always and make tamers quest undroppable. People who weren't using nishi pr something nishi like were not leveling very fast, now imagine how slow they will level.

They had other choices and the only xp changes listed in the ptr notes were buffs. While I certainly knew nishi would be fixed I didn't see all leveling getting gutted. I personally will be fine as I can mindlessly grind with no issue, I am sure others will have issues with it. It would probably be helpful if they at least gave us a clue as ro what they were thinking.

As it stands pet battles is given very little info of the hows and whys of its part of the game. Asking for more info is the only logical recourse.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Trolling panda, you're so cute! Can I rub you behind your ears?

Cute trolls aside, I'm glad more people are seeing this and voicing concerns/dissatisfaction. For a patch that was supposed to be pet friendly, so far we have

A] Lousy spawn timers
B] Raids that are still unsoloable unless you are extremely skilled or lucky
C] XP nerfed into the ground. I thought I read they were increasing the XP you got, not decreasing it. Maybe I read it wrong. Announced or not, leveling is a chore no one enjoys.
D] Who's gotten a wild battle stone? Be honest.

This patch has been a serious, serious, serious disappointment in terms of pets. There was so much good in the announcement, so much fail in implementation, it makes me wonder if Blizz wasn't trolling us all along or if Blizz isn't trolling us right now...with a certain level 1 panda....
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Mage
I got a robobear last night the same way you're advised to get many pets - kill all the non-battleable pets you see. Only a common, but still, got one. There are non-battleable pets around the snow ring outside the walls of the town, and a few within the town itself. Kill them and wait a couple minutes.

There had actually been one up when I flew in (this is NOT related to CRZ). I landed, saw it, went "ooh" because I didn't know it was new but I knew I didn't have one, had to switch pets to the appropriate level, and someone else swooped in for it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I love the idea of killing the non-battleable pets (and battleable pets of the wrong type) in the area...only 1 problem...there are about half a dozen people just sitting there, doing nothing, waiting for spawns. So while I am busy killing critters...a mecho-bear spawns...and someone else gets it...

EDIT: There are also some of the new pets, like the eyes, that don't really have anything to kill around them...
Edited by Ronbeargundy on 11/28/2012 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]