servers up, no new pets?

52 Gnome Warlock
11/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Bashiok
They're random, so they're not going to spawn on every realm at the same time. So yeah, working as intended.

Can you explain Blizzard's obsession with sucking as much fun out of new features as is humanly possible with these ridiculous gating mechanics?
Reply Quote
I don't think peopel would be complaning like this if, say, 2 or 3 of the dozen new wild pets were on long timers. Having ac ouple harder to get pets is ok. But, ALL of them? That's a bit much.

And don't get me started on the pet trainer dailies NOT resetting.....
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
They're random, so they're not going to spawn on every realm at the same time. So yeah, working as intended.

Can you explain Blizzard's obsession with sucking as much fun out of new features as is humanly possible with these ridiculous gating mechanics?

This game has been bleeding subs for 2 years. (There's a reason their November conference call used sub numbers from 3 days after MoP launched ((September 28th)) and nothing more recent, it's still bleeding subs).

The concept of gating everything in MoP behind a grind of dailies or just ridiculous drop chances or spawn rates is a method to try and take people's personal goals before quitting (Get all the pets, finish the raid tier) and trying to set up a time barrier designed to suck 1-2 more months of sub out of them before they get reach that goal and quit.

It's not about good, new content now. It's about specifically designed tourniquets to slow bleeding enough to get a bit more out of it before it's gone.
Edited by Faytal on 11/29/2012 6:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
The more I play this mini-game, the more I think no wild battle-pet should be just a rare spawn. If you want to introduce grind/heavy effort it should be in the hunt for rare quality. The wild pets should either be a rare spawn with a chance at being secondaries zone wide, or they should have high spawn rate and an decreased chance for being rare quality. Then everyone can get a pet and have multiple options to getting a rare one - fighting a lot of their spawns or pursuing the upgrade path.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/29/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Tyburn
The more I play this mini-game, the more I think no wild battle-pet should be just a rare spawn. If you want to introduce grind/heavy effort it should be in the hunt for rare quality. The wild pets should either be a rare spawn with a chance at being secondaries zone wide, or they should have high spawn rate and an decreased chance for being rare quality. Then everyone can get a pet and have multiple options to getting a rare one - fighting a lot of their spawns or pursuing the upgrade path.

I agree with this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

This I agree with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
11/29/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Bomdanil

Rushing to log on to get a shot at server restart spawns is fun?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I realize CRZ is here to stay, but it seems like spawn timers should adjust for the current population in the zone.

I also like the suggestion of adding the possibility of some of these pets to be secondaries. That would be much more fun to at least be battling (and leveling) pets while hoping for the rare.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Hearus

I just failed to rush log in as my realm was about 10 mins late up compared to other realms...I clicked my realm's name right after it poped, then got like 0 scourged whelping left of course. As you can see, it's even impossible counting on catching a long spawn timer wild battle pet after a restart.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
11/29/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Foczus
impossible

That word, I don't think it means what you think it does.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Hearus
impossible

read.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
11/29/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Foczus

read.

Perhaps you should? It isn't impossible.
Reply Quote

read.

Perhaps you should? It isn't impossible.

read again wth the context.
Reply Quote
81 Pandaren Monk
Waiting around for spawns isn't game-play, at the very least, dailies everyday is game-play(maybe not gameplay you might enjoy).

Battling 100 pets for pet battle stones is game-play.

Waiting around for pet-spawns, that's not game-play, not in the slightest.
Reply Quote
I also with there was a way to withdraw from a fight without despawning the wild pets. At least the the brutal hunt for a rare quality rare spawn wouldn't eliminate chances for others to at least get the pet in any quality.
Edited by Tyburn on 11/29/2012 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
52 Gnome Warlock
11/29/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Hearus

You have some abysmal reading comprehension.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Tyburn
I also with there was a way to withdraw from a fight without despawning the wild pets. At least the the brutal hunt for a rare quality rare spawn wouldn't eliminate chances for others to at least get the pet in any quality.

I don't know if it's practical technically, but I strongly recommend this as well. Good Idea!
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight

Liked & Upvoted

Took me 2 hours and multiple level 1 gnomes to get the robo-kitty

I really adore the Infinite Whelpling, but looking at CoT on 3 servers where I can camp them... it's not happening anytime soon. CoT is packed like DS just opened, inside and outside the cave.

Haven't even bothered looking for any others.

I'd love the option you presented. I could engage in fun gameplay to hunt the rare quality, *you know, actually playing the game*, instead of hovering AFK bored in the desert while watching a movie.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Turn "Eastern Kingdoms Safari" into a Feat of Strength since the Restless Shadeling will never line up with my real life time constraints. Even if it does occasionally there's a really damned good chance that I won't get one.

Also Crimson Moth and Warf Rat are apparently still bugged for the purpose of this achievement. I'd submit a bug report but I'm convinced that the reporting feature simply pipes text into the nether to be never seen again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

I agree, wholeheartedly, with this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]