Brawlers guild invitation

90 Human Mage
The blue post on the following page says you can only get them from the Black Market (which I think is a bad idea):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5848176526#1

But the patch notes on live do say:

"Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs."

The patch notes match the ones from the PTR from before the blue post above was made. So it's possible I guess that they simply weren't updated.

I've killed a total of 5 rares now and haven't seen an invitation.

Would love confirmation one way or the other.

I'm in the same boat, I'll let you know if I get one. Got 250 honor items, and the Resilience Trinket so far.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Tsavis
I'm not even going to bother with it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The blue post on the following page says you can only get them from the Black Market (which I think is a bad idea):

"Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs."

The patch notes match the ones from the PTR from before the blue post above was made. So it's possible I guess that they simply weren't updated.

Apparently you didn't bother looking at the NA blue post here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032027 Or following the blue posts in the previous Brawler's Guild sticky that included the addition of the RARE (i.e. probably gonna have to kill more than 5) drops off specific NPCs.

11/27/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Frillish
blizz made a new system for the rich to become richer go figure.

/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

How do you figure? From what I understand you have to be rank 7 in the guild to invite someone, which is no small task from what I hear. So you can't just buy and sell at your leisure. With 10 tickets going on the bmah daily it will be incredibly hard for anyone to maintain a monopoly on the invites from there.

Even if you could instantly sell two tickets when you joined the growth from that would mean the whole server is in the guild within a month. Exponential growth is a dooker.
Edited by Sayne on 11/27/2012 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Apparently you didn't bother looking at the NA blue post here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032027 Or following the blue posts in the previous Brawler's Guild sticky that included the addition of the RARE (i.e. probably gonna have to kill more than 5) drops off specific NPCs.

/facepalm

To be honest, the rare chance to drop off specific mobs is statistically insignificant. Given their inherent value priced on the BMAH, they will likely have a rarity akin to another item the Azure Whelpling. These things have around a 0.01% chance to drop.

It will be pure luck to get an invite outside of the the BMAH, and it won't happen often. It only happens this way to help quell the complaints, but it's as far away from helpful as Blizzard could make it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I got my invite from one of the npc's, I went around killing them with a group of guildies and at about the 6th rare, the invitation dropped. So they can drop from rares, but I dont know the drop rate so I am sure I just got lucky. Once I get there, my invites are going to my friends and people who helped me get it. Not all people who get them are rich and greedy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So all i have to do is kill Ally NPC's and maybe get invitation ?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/27/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Zayoo
I dont think its right that i should have to pay 10k starting bid you know it will go up to 20k just to be able to do the brawlers guild that is some bull. But then again i could be wrong because for most people that isn't anything since they buy gold. This should be changed it just doesnt seem right.
I am sure most established players who buy invites do not buy gold, since they know better.

You are complaining about something that is a completely optional part of the game. If you can't afford it, either wait until invites are cheaper, farm an invite up, or just realize that this is something that you aren't going to be able to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]