Patch 5.1: Realm Event Time Changes

90 Undead Priest
11/27/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Kellastus
Call the waaaahmbulance, you cant nerd out and stay up till 3 in the AM and do two sets of dailies in one sitting. Grow up. Go to sleep at a reasonable hour ffs.
Did you know that not every shift in the work force is a 9-5 right?

Why don't you grow up and realize that not everyone lives their life like you do.
90 Human Hunter
11/27/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Trèvorr
Annnnd....the Kalu'ak?

More information on this please.

Thanks for the update.
Another reason to hate CRZ. Now daily resets are being affected by it too and all events are based on PST.

Thanks Blizzard.

Please try again.
Edited by Grolgan on 11/27/2012 8:55 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Should have left it on server time and just ditched the CRZ catastrophe. Would save you and us a bunch of grief.

This.
Drop the CRZs already.
90 Gnome Rogue
Personally, I dont like this change. It messes up my routine that Ive had for quite awhile, but I guess I have to deal with it.

11/27/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Grolgan
Another reason to hate CRZ. Now daily resets are being affected by it too and all events are based on PST.

^
90 Tauren Paladin
I feel like I'm missing something. Why is 6 am such a huge deal? You can't find a single bit of time in 24 hours to do dailies?

Please help me to understand your rage.
90 Night Elf Druid
...but lose the ability to get crafting and farming done before leaving for Work/school!

That's what I missed about living on the east coast. It was nice to get some dailies in before work.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/27/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Vrath
Should have left it on server time and just ditched the CRZ catastrophe. Would save you and us a bunch of grief.

This.

x2
90 Gnome Mage
11/27/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Zarhym
Times displayed as Australian Eastern Standard Time ([url="http://www.wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/"]GMT +10 hours[/url])

To clarify for Oceanic servers, the times are EST (no DLS) not server time or EDT (DLS) Australian time ?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Agree with those saying I do not like that change. For ever there has been a group of us at 3:00am server time that would get together and do all the dailies. No way I can stay up til 5:00am to do it know.
90 Night Elf Hunter
So it seems like the goal of this was:

1) Consolidate profession, daily, and crop cooldowns to reset simultaneously at the exact same time across all servers.

2) Consolidate ALL realm events to happen at the exact same time across all servers with the exception of dungeon and raid resets.

3) Keep dungeon and raid resets individual to the server (noon server time iirc.)

Why not just package dungeon & raid resets to happen for all realms at the same time as well, drop individual server time, and just have all servers read off BlizzTime™ ? Basically i'm curious as to the reasoning of maintaining dungeon and raid resets specific to the server if the point is to streamline time based events.

Or better yet, drop CRZ. Unfortunately I don't see that one happening though sadly.
90 Undead Warrior
It just exasperates me that Blizzard entertainment seems to think that the only playerbase that needs to be not screwed over on time based matters are the ones that live in their time zone. Time after time i'm seeing everything they do that involves the time of day being set so that their time zone has it the best.
80 Blood Elf Hunter
Sunrise
5:30 a.m. EST*

Sunset
6:30 p.m. EST*

You know whats weird?

The sun and moon both rise and set on the same side on, meaning Azeroth rotates 180degrees one way then stops and rotates back the other way 180 degrees. Then you throw its second moon the blue child doing the same thing and azeroth starts making impossible rotations.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Great, another "feature" nobody asked for and nobody wanted.
We all get screwed over again because of CRZ.
90 Draenei Monk
I knew it wouldn't be long before the east coasters came in complaining. For once, something isn't centered around the east coast.

"It's just 3 hours"... isn't that what you have been telling us west coasters for years?

You will be fine :)

I also KNEW this is what they'd do rather than scrap crz.
90 Dwarf Warrior
I just wish you'd hurry up and move it all to UTC and merge in EU...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]