Patch 5.1: Realm Event Time Changes

100 Blood Elf Rogue
Come to the Pacific Boys, You are one realm change away from happy
55 Tauren Death Knight
Should have left it on server time and just ditched the CRZ catastrophe. Would save you and us a bunch of grief.

This... A thousand times this.
85 Tauren Shaman
I can see why many ask about server times being irrelevant now, but that isn't the case. Raiders still need them. Pick a server in your timezone, and you are more likely to find others who want to raid when you do.

I wish they would change daily reset times to 12:00am PST. That would make more sense to have them set at midnight, and it would still allow EST time to be reasonable. Feel for those on the East coast who have to leave for work before the resets take place.
60 Troll Death Knight
if you absolutely must standardize the game's time, why not at least center it within the country so that you get a more even distribution of inconvenience?

let the california hippies shift 2 hours east and the easterners can shift 2 hours west.

im not even complaining about the daily resets and stuff like that. I feel like you've really imbalanced the world's cohesion by changing things like sunrise for eastern realms is now around 9:30am in real time.

Blizzard's main office is on the west coast. Therefor the time ingame is set for their office time. period.
56 Human Death Knight
My Fridays are ruined!
Edited by Rebeccaßlack on 1/9/2013 9:17 PM PST
100 Orc Death Knight
12/21/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Anotherone
Blizzard's main office is on the west coast. Therefor the time ingame is set for their office time. period.

Wrong answer Anotherone.

This game has gone on for 8 years with using Time Zones appropriate to players localities. And now to make it more of an MMO (so 1 or 2 people don't have a zone to themselves). they introduce CRZ, at first the concept was just, but implementation was flawed and not fully thought out or planned.

SO now to 'fix' the CRZ they decide to make everyone play on PST time (North America Servers) so now what we were used to for many years has changed. I play on East coast, and when you something is supposed to happen at 9pm is now Midnite.

They need to Scrap the CRZ and go back to the Drawing Board on that one, and put the Servers BACK on their original Time Tables.
100 Dwarf Hunter
so if one starts work at 4am if i want the wanderers thing and battle pet i have to be on at 11pm central time instead of 9pm?
do they not see how this is total bs.
how can i do it now?
thanks blizz you guys sux like always
100 Dwarf Hunter
they do this CRZ to make it look full out there to new players.
do they not realize maybe one chooses to be on a small populated server?
if they want to "fix" small populations offer free transfers say once a month or so.
and if one wants on a bigger populated server it can be THEIR choice.
instead of ramming it down our throats.
Edited by Digem on 12/30/2012 7:53 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Well that blows!

Light here on the east coast for hours before it is light on the server. Same with dark, dark here for hours before the server get dark.

I thought sun up sun down were supposed to correlate to your time zone so you did not feel so out of sync with the real world.

And resets for dailies at 6 am EST really blows. some times I like to stay up do all my dailies just before midnight and then do them again right after midnight. As you pointed out that is really very bad and can not longer be done.

why not go ahead and make every server PST so there will no conflict.

As far as Basket ball games being broadcast live on west coast time. That is BULL! I live in EST and lots of times, games are broadcast time delay or live on East coast time.

That was a very bad example.
12 Pandaren Monk
3 hours is good its good for the working class so they can plan around the change
90 Orc Shaman
FIX OCEANIC TO US SERVER CROSS REALMS. THIS IS TOTAL BS. WHY WOULD YOU GUYS TAKE THAT AWAY FROM PLAYERS WHO HAVE FRIENDS OVER SEAS. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY AND LEVEL WITH MY FRIENDS AGAIN. HOPEFULLY THE USE OF CAPS WILL GET SOME KIND OF ATTENTION OVER THIS ISSUE BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN LITTLE TO NO INFO ON THIS ISSUE.
90 Human Hunter
This idea is as bad as ghostcrawler using twitter.
90 Human Hunter
Fail is fail and blizzard has fail on contract, that's why starwars did so well, no more fail left in the world.
100 Night Elf Hunter
It is confusing to post times for events that do not coincide with either server time or the user's local time. If all events (even sunrise and sunset) are locked to pacific time, change all the servers to use pacific time. At least that way, we can check the time on our realm and know it connects to events in the game.

Having the servers set to a now arbitrary time zone ("realm time") causes problems and provides absolutely no benefit.
Edited by Ancandune on 1/6/2013 8:03 PM PST
100 Troll Shaman
still didn't work!

on sunday jan,06,2013

I attended for the 2nd time, the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza
the info on the WOW game calendar, say at 2:00 pm [note: does not say if it PST?] (for me on the East coast, that would be about 6:00 PM!)
the week before everything Ran a OK! I knew when it start! and I could see who had won the fishing game! everything was just Right! :D
but this week, I did the same thing, got there early, pickout a nice spot! and wait to begin!
2:00 Pm roll Up, and nothing! thinking that I miss the starting info on the channel window, I begin to fish, for Hour and 10 min, Got lots of fish! just saw one other fisherman/lady.
still nothing?! no information or anything, so what the hell happen to the Extravaganza?

I note that it now say here on this page. 2:00pm est, and not 2:00pm pst. is this Right?

Fishing Extravaganza will now start at 5:00pm est for you ( 2:00pm pst ).
100 Human Paladin
That's right, take something that's not broken and try and fix it .... with all the stuff that needs fixing this makes a lot of sense. No sir I do not like it!
90 Pandaren Priest
I knew it wouldn't be long before the east coasters came in complaining. For once, something isn't centered around the east coast.

"It's just 3 hours"... isn't that what you have been telling us west coasters for years?

You will be fine :)

Seriously? Are you not aware that everyone has to wait for 12 am PST to even play a new expac? That's 3am EST in case you weren't aware.
100 Orc Hunter
When is Wanderers Fest? 9pm pst & 11pm pst?
100 Tauren Shaman
Dear Zarhym,

I'm sure you like reading through all 27 pages of posts as much as other people looking for information do. This question has been asked previously but I cannot see a reply. (possibly I've overlooked it or my brain merged with someone else's in an attempt to flee from the forum angst...)

*** Can you please clarify the time of the Wander's Dreamer's and You event ***
(It would be even more awesome if it could be edited into your original post to aid those of us looking for this information. )

Sitting around on a beach is cool, but I'd much rather do it IRL.

Thanks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]