Patch 5.1: Realm Event Time Changes

90 Draenei Death Knight
11/27/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Zarhym
The new system will be better for some people, and worse for others, in terms of life schedules. But people have always had different play schedules that we can't always account for, and there are unavoidable inconveniences in that regard. The new system will just take some adjustment

Perhaps some of these events can be moved to earlier in the day then? For instance the Wanderer's Festival that occurs at 9PM and 11 PM on a Sunday. That translates to 12AM and 2 AM Monday morning for east coast. Hardly seems fair for anyone with a job or taking classes to have to give up what little time they already have while already paying for the chance to play a video game in the first place.
100 Orc Warlock
I woke up extra early and saw that the dailies did not reset 4 am server time which led me to this thread. It is a small inconvenience to now remember dailies do not reset like they have always been.

I love the new cross realm feature so I can play with IRL friends, and while I'm at it I would also like to praise the LFR and valor points in dailies. I feel like I can enjoy the full features of the game again. Good job Blizzard, keep up the good work.
90 Tauren Druid
11/27/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Cervarius
Players don't like CRZ, we've had 100's of threads with thousands of players who hate the way CRZ works. Who want it to be like MOP CRZ where it's invite only and non-intrusive.

This CRZ crap needs to end. There are no benefits worth the hell we've been put through over this feature, it's been despised since beta, but Blizzard is so gung-ho that they're unwilling to hear a word of complaint. Enough already!
Fail!!! CRZ was bad enough, but please... this makes no sense when we choose servers based on our local time... Our guild participation has dropped off to almost nil thanks to the changes. I am sure this will end it. I hate it, because WOW has such potential to be a great game. I can't even call this fixing what isn't broke... because nothing was broken here. FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
11/28/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Linii
Dream on! Every Realm is included in the CRZ. Just watch your Realm time as you cross zones

Actually venture isn't in a crz.
90 Undead Rogue
I moved my main character to Earthen Ring to join a raid team. This decision was based on many things and I didn't make the choice lightly. It was to effect members of my previous guild who I still play with.
When cross realm party via realid was introduced I decided to make the move. After all, I could now be in the new guild and raid team and still quest in open world with my old guild members. However, after 5.1 this is no longer possible. So now, it has cost me $25 which I otherwise wouldn't have spent to transfer my main across and will now cost me another $25 to bring him back. Thank you Blizzard.
Edited by Clogalis on 2/10/2013 5:43 PM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
I live in CA, the company I work for is based on the east coast. We open at 10, everything I have to have done and called in (which includes inventories) has to be done between 10am - noon pacific time since the latest time they accept calls for onhand adjustments is 3pm EST. Now for stores out there they have from 10am - 3pm to get it all done.. want to try doing a 200 item inventory (you get the list of things to inventory when you open), in 2 hours, while dealing with customers.

Not just my job having to deal with a lot of East Coast Standard time, rather nice to have something based around here, and given Blizz is here, it fits.. If they were on the east coast then id expect EST to be normal. Accept companies schedule things around where their HQ is located, and DEAL WITH IT.

JC (Dwuu's Player)
90 Human Death Knight
I live in CA, the company I work for is based on the east coast. We open at 10, everything I have to have done and called in (which includes inventories) has to be done between 10am - noon pacific time since the latest time they accept calls for onhand adjustments is 3pm EST. Now for stores out there they have from 10am - 3pm to get it all done.. want to try doing a 200 item inventory (you get the list of things to inventory when you open), in 2 hours, while dealing with customers.

Not just my job having to deal with a lot of East Coast Standard time, rather nice to have something based around here, and given Blizz is here, it fits.. If they were on the east coast then id expect EST to be normal. Accept companies schedule things around where their HQ is located, and DEAL WITH IT.

JC (Dwuu's Player)

K. Why necro thread? Jw.
85 Blood Elf Priest
With Patch 5.1: Landfall [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7922040/51_Landfall_Patch_Notes-11_27_2012#professions"]we’ve reactivated the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza[/url]. To accomplish this we reevaluated the way time-based events work in World of Warcraft. The time zone designation for a realm doesn’t always correlate with its real-world location, and that designation has traditionally directed a player to choose a realm that shares their local time. With cross-realm features like zone coalescing (CRZ) and Raid/Dungeon Finder, linking event reset or lockout times to realm times has caused a lot of confusion, such as zones flipping between day and night upon zoning, and created substantial issues with limited-time events, such as Azeroth’s fishing tournaments.

North American Daily Event Times

In Patch 5.1 we’ve moved most time-based events on North American realms to standardized, region-wide times. Below are the updated event times for all North American realms, regardless of your realm’s local time (excluding Oceanic realms).

Times displayed in North American Pacific Standard Time ([url="http://www.wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/"]GMT -8 hours[/url])

Sunrise
        5:30 a.m. PST*

Sunset
        6:30 p.m. PST*

Daily quests reset
        3:00 a.m. PST

Profession cooldowns and farm reset

Dungeon & raid lockouts reset
        Unchanged (times still shared between NA and Oceanic realms)

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza begins
        2 p.m. PST every Sunday

Battleground holidays
        12:00 a.m. every Friday - 12:00 a.m. every Tuesday PST

Darkmoon Faire begins
        12:00 a.m. PST first Sunday of every month

Oceanic Daily Event Times

Note that, due to the extreme time zone difference, Oceanic realms have a separate standardized time, and Oceanic realms aren’t coalesced with non-Oceanic realms for cross-realm zones. Oceanic realms are, however, still a part of the North American matchmaking pool for Scenarios, Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder, Battlegrounds, and Arenas, in order to ensure that the matchmaking system is able to draw from a healthy population of players at any given hour. Because of this, raid/dungeon lockouts will continue to reset at the same time for North American and Oceanic realms (i.e. reset times will still vary depending on your local time).

Times displayed as Australian Eastern Standard Time ([url="http://www.wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/"]GMT +10 hours[/url])

Sunrise
        5:30 a.m. EST*

Sunset
        6:30 p.m. EST*

Daily quests reset
        3:00 a.m. EST

Profession cooldowns and farm reset
        3:00 a.m. EST

Dungeon & raid lockouts reset
        Unchanged (times still shared between NA and Oceanic realms)

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza begins
        2 p.m. EST

Battleground holidays
        12:00 a.m. every Friday - 12:00 a.m. every Tuesday EST

Darkmoon Faire begins
        12:00 a.m. EST first Sunday of every month

*Day/night changeovers are not currently set to the times listed above and will be updated in a hotfix as soon as possible.

it feels as though the two reasons why Oceanic and NA servers weren't coalesced was due to the fishing and Darkmoon rabbit. but some benefits are now gone (like being able to play with RealID friends from those servers). my friend suggested just for areas which have time dependent issues such as the fishing aspect simply to instance them as non-CRZ the way Orgrimmar is handled.
87 Pandaren Monk
Considering Blizzards headquarters is located in California which happens to be Pacific Standard Time why would you imagine them compromising and using Mountain Time?

After thinking about the amount of work it took this company to fix this issue for us the fact that you have the audacity to complain is truly beyond me.

It's people like you that really grind my gears. (said in the voice of Saint Peter 4:28)

Siddhartha: Quarrel, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quarrel: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.
And now... so here I sit at 6:50 EST with no dailies reset. I asked the question point blank once and got a link to the forums as a response. I cried a little LOL
90 Troll Shaman
Zarhym
Community Manager

Daily quests reset

So i just logged in before work to do my Sunsong Ranch dailies but they weren't available to me. It's 6:48 CST which is 4:48 PST. They should have reset for me but they haven't. Even taking DST into consideration, is there some other factor?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]