Patch 5.1: Realm Event Time Changes

90 Human Warlock
Great, more stuff made less convenient for the player base to prop up CRZs.

CRZs sucked BEFORE they started bending and warping the entire game around them like the black holes of awful they are.

Please... Blizard... Please.... Just stop this....
I cannot believe it's more then a vocal minority in favor of CRZ, I literally cannot find actual supporters for it anywhere among the people I know in game. The only way I'd even have any concept of people supporting CRZ is on the forums, and even here it sure feels like an overhwelming majority hate them.

If you are at ALL being honest about CRZ being for the players and not some cost saving measure, just abort them. Dear god, please.
Edited by Thanatosia on 11/27/2012 9:45 PM PST
72 Gnome Priest
11/27/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Giga
I knew it wouldn't be long before the east coasters came in complaining. For once, something isn't centered around the east coast.

Like every "Live" show that is tape delayed for west coast. LOL

I wonder what it's like in Hawaii being 6 hours behind east coast. I wasn't there long enough to watch much TV.
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Libertarian
It just exasperates me that Blizzard entertainment seems to think that the only playerbase that needs to be not screwed over on time based matters are the ones that live in their time zone. Time after time i'm seeing everything they do that involves the time of day being set so that their time zone has it the best.

Admittedly, when trying to set a static time that's easy for a nation-wide (if not worldwide) playerbase to follow, it's easier to pick a coast rather than Central or Mountain. And if they picked Eastern it'd be the exact same argument you're having now but for Eastern time zone instead of Pacific. Just gotta pick a time zone and roll with it ya know?

The only people this change really messes with were the players who were ONLY playing between like 2 AM server and 4 AM server who had just a large enough window to do dailies, let them reset, and do dailies again before logging off - or the people who play with what is the new reset time right in the middle of their daily routine (i.e. only had time to play between 2 AM pacific and 4 AM pacific.)

Anyone else can really do dailies at the same time of day perfectly fine, and now can lump in your crops and profession cooldowns at the same time.

I'm not saying this makes CRZ good or even ok, i'm just saying that moving the time of reset or consolidating it with other resets isn't necessarily a bad thing.
70 Orc Hunter
I can't help but to think of this old nursery rhyme whenever Blizzard pulls this stuff:

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly,
I don't know why she swallowed a fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,
It wiggled and riggled and giggled inside her,
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly,
I don't know why she swallowed the fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a bird,
Now I'm not sure how she swallowed a bird,
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
They wiggled and riggled and giggle inside her,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a cat,
Imagine that, she swallowed a cat,
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird,
Swallowedthe bird to catch the spider,
They wiggled and riggled and giggle inside her,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a dog,
My what a hog to swallow a dog,
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
Swallowed the cat to catch the bird,
Swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
They wiggled and riggled and giggled inside her,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a goat,
She just open her throat and swallowed a goat,
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a cow,
I don't know how, but she swallowed a cow,
She swallowed the cow to catch the goat,
Swallowed the goat to catch the dog,
Swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
She swallowed a spider to catch the fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

There was an old lady who swallowed a horse,
She's dead of course.

Every single time I see another CRZ dictated decision, I just wonder why Blizzard didn't just spit out the blasted fly.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Please reconsider!!!

This change is an extreme prejudice towards west coast players, as many players will never EVER be able to do the fishing tournament at 5PM on sunday, much less every sunday for years in order to eventually win it.

Before, we had the freedom to transfer to a new realm if the fishing tournament wasn't compatible with our schedules, now that is gone, and we have no options anymore.

If you can't come up with a reasonable solution for the fishing tournament - REMOVE it permanently as you've done with so many other things that you couldn't provide adequate support for.
90 Human Monk

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza begins
2 p.m. EST

Zarhym, just to clarify, by this I'll assume you mean on every Sunday, correct? Just double checking.

P.S. While we're talking about 5.1 and realm changes and stuff, could you please tell me if there were changes to how CRZ invites from players work now? Maybe it's just me, but it seems there's some kind of internal cooldown to prevent "player hopping" to check for rare spawns, etc.

Thanks Zarhym.
Edited by Suntzu on 11/27/2012 10:04 PM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
Cairne and Alexstrasza are still showing Central time like they always have. Maybe the OP is incomplete?
90 Human Warlock
BMAH did not reset at it's normal time tonight. Have a sinking feeling it's gonna be resetting around 5am now too.... wich if true means you better get used to the notion of staying up all night long to avoid getting bid sniped on something.

I do not have the words to express the hatred for CRZ I'm developing.
Edited by Thanatosia on 11/27/2012 10:08 PM PST
90 Draenei Death Knight
BMAH did not reset at it's normal time tonight. Have a sinking feeling it's gonna be resetting around 5am now too.... wich if true means you better get used to the notion of staying up all night long to avoid getting bid sniped on something.

I do not have the words to express the hatred for CRZ I'm developing.

That's really gonna suck. They should really give a bit more forethought into BMAH timing, or at least randomize it.
If it stops the screen flash headaches from crz and makes salty obtainable again I'll lay off hating crz quite so much.

I still don't particularly like the "feature" and see no purpose in it, I still think it will have and cause other issues, but this takes away the part that I could not be reconciled to and that made me very seriously consider stopping playing wow since it kept me out of old zones except in the very dead of night before any zone could be getting daylight.

Don't stop looking at what crz is doing, don't stop trying to fix all these side effects that are truly detrimental to players and entire realms (such as item availability for low pop servers), please. Thank you for fixing the worst part of it all though, the part that endangered your playerbase and caused physical pain to those with flash induced seizures and headaches.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Rabbsm
Really? Daily reset at 6am? That's AWFUL. How could you drop the ball so badly this patch? I've loved this expansion, and now... this patch... sigh.

3am was good, but 6am is evil? I'm on the east coast and the three hours don't matter!

When I have to log in at 6 am to fight for a BMAH item since BMAH appears to reset at 3 am PST now too, yes 6 am is !@#$ing stupid.

If they want CRZ so badly, split North America in half. PST/MST and CST/EST. I've played this game for years, and quite frankly CRZ is the first thing I've ever truly hated so much it might get me to leave.
87 Blood Elf Hunter
Wow, literally.

CRZ's totally mess up dailies and other timing, so your answer is to make all reset times the same?!?

So now you have to be free at exactly 2pm PST if you want to do the STV fishing Tourney or you're SOL?!?

Yeah, thanks for making it even harder to do things. And so much for the server you picked that best accommodated your own schedule.
100 Worgen Warlock
Is the Gurubashi Arena also standardized?
90 Human Priest
LOVE!
90 Dwarf Warrior
I wonder how similar the membership lists of 'Stop CRZ' crowd are to the 'Never ever ever even experiment with anything that may work towards getting EU and US play together' crowd.
90 Draenei Death Knight
This is probably the end for me. I probably should have quit back in wrath, when they never delivered the dance studios. The one thing that kept me going was the community's enormous support for the idea of an appearance tab, which was finally implemented as Transmogrification. However, their decision to not allow the transmogrification of legendary weapons just killed it.

I've still been hoping they'd yield on that, but here we are in 5.1, and Transmogrification restrictions still haven't been eased like they keep talking about.

I finished raiding when HoF came out, and have no desire to raid any longer or spend hours each day doing the same daily quests over and over again.

Anyway, if they're going to take both fishing tournaments and BMAH away from me now, after I've spent hundreds of dollars transferring to an east coast server (which is dying anyway), I see no reason to continue paying $15/month. It seems the only thing left in the game is farmville, and that's free on facebook. Since a refund is almost certainly out of the question, they can also count on me not buying any SC or Diablo expansions.

It's really sad to see how far Blizzard has fallen. I used to be one of their biggest fans, but they're going 100 mph down in the wrong direction now.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]