Patch 5.1: Realm Event Time Changes

72 Gnome Priest
11/28/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Schwarzkopf
Point is - just keep on doing your stuff at about the same time each day, and nothing will change.

Whooo, hold on there buddy. Your tell me that I could still do all my dailies at the same time as before, regardless of what time they reset? This is making too much sense.
90 Orc Shaman
This is frustrating. I really looked forward to my crops blooming at 11pm, so I could do my farm--it meant that if my previous day was busy, so long as I logged on by 10:30, I wouldn't miss a cooldown.

It's just another reason why CRZ is painful. First we have the mess that is Felwood, now us gamers have to completely alter our gaming schedule to make the fishing event work.

That said, we'll probably grump about it for a week, then be used to it and not care so much.

Also, Z, when's the Wanderer's Festival?
Edited by Ryrok on 11/28/2012 12:33 AM PST
60 Troll Hunter
Emmaryin
90 Human Hunter
Twilight Vigil

This is really inconvenient.

Instead of resetting at the start of a new day, my professions reset at six AM.
Instead of resetting at the start of a new day, my crops bloom at six AM.
Instead of resetting at 3AM, my dailies reset at 6AM.

I like doing things early in the morning to get away from people, but this is really starting to get inconvenient. And just when I was starting to get willing to do dailies again with the changes with rep.

You can still do them at the same time ....
90 Draenei Shaman
why not move everything to midnight for west coast and 3 am for east coasters? that way people could still retain their habits. oh no I forgot west coast were mad about us being 3 hours ahead.

seriously worst change ever. blizzard seriously needs some !@#$ kicking.

I can't do my stuff at the same time, i used to do dailies twice every 2 days around 3 am, once before and once after that way it felt like I had a day off...

I was looking forward to redo my daily today but obviously my plans have been foiled by blizzard again.

so when's the interesting stuff coming in? duel brawler's arena for flexing. new character models, new rogue abilities.

well instead you get pet battles (boring), we %^-* up your routine (daily resets) and we still fail at balancing many specs and classes for pvp AND PVE. oh yeah we got tol barad 2.0 woot -_-
90 Undead Mage
11/28/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Aquamia
I can't do my stuff at the same time

Yes, you can.

i used to do dailies twice every 2 days around 3 am, once before and once after that way it felt like I had a day off...

You do realize no one is forcing you to play this game every single day, right? Stop thinking of it like a chore and just play when you can - and be happy about it.
100 Human Warlock
Can we please have clarification about the Oceanic realm times - current the realms are not running on GMT +10 hours because daylight savings is in effect.
90 Draenei Monk
11/28/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Valimus
CRZ was added to populate dead zones on dead servers. This game was NOT built around 1 person per zone doing quests/picking herbs. Deal with it.

It wasnt built around jackwagons on 310 fliers monopolizing spawns either.

It wasn't built around people being in general douche bags to each other either.

My problems with CRZ can be summed up and solved by banning the ever loving crap out of people:

monopolizing zone resources, mobs
repeatedly wiping out questing hubs trying to piss off lowbies on PvE realms
Making racist, sexist, homophobic and in general hateful comments to anyone, ever, anywhere.

That would sum it up pretty much entirely. Because this is the ONLY game that has those. Everyone else? Bans the snot out of those types. Because no one likes them, but those that do it.

That noted, I'm highly amused that the people that had no issues with CRZ and are suddenly having issues with this can't seem to figure out crz is why they did this.

11/28/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Valimus
And question, how does making 72 mins = 1 in-game day EQ style fix anything? What will this accomplish? There will ALWAYS be set times things will reset. If things reset EQ style in EQ It would be even worse since now you must calculate EQ time into RL time and figure out when things are actually resetting and doing multiple resets per RL day and getting your dailies/professions CD done every 72 mins. So again, I see how changing it to EQ style will fix or even DO anything at all besides just pissing everyone off because it's turning night/day every hour.

EQ2 didn't do dailies. At all.

They had events that went at "top of the hour" and stuff like that. And by "top of the hour" we mean "you be there 10 minutes before your clock says say, 1 pm to account for server lag in time".
90 Blood Elf Paladin
being in GMT -4, i love the new time changes. Now i can do half the dailies one night an get up an finish the next day before i leave for work. This is great. :)
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Way to completely screw over the east coast player base. I don't see how keeping it at 3am EST is worse. PST having resets at midnight seems much less impactful than having EST moved to 6am. That effectively removes the possibility for most people to double up on dailies or professions when they might have time. I get off between midnight and 2am, but rarely stay up til 6am, much less long enough to start doing things then.

I had been taking a small break from the game and came back for the patch, since it had a lot of bonus for me in the account wide rep. 3am EST also allowed me to maximize my ability to get the valor rewards from randoms, as I could run 2 back to back and pretend it was back to the first 7 of the week format a little bit. Now this is completely taken away from me as well.

Just when I thought CRZ couldn't ruin the game any more...

11/28/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Giga
You do realize no one is forcing you to play this game every single day, right? Stop thinking of it like a chore and just play when you can - and be happy about it.

Yes, actually they are. Unless you want to work twice as hard. I've read the CM responses on why they removed the first 7 randoms completed format and went back to a daily format, but it still means you have to do twice the work to cap if you don't log in every day. In order to play the way that makes me happy, which is valor capping, I am forced to play every day or work harder. I used to random grind 4-5 toons on my day off if I was home, allowing me to progress multiple characters. Now I can either grind 1 at half speed, OR...do them all every day. The new system sucks, period. It's driving away a player that's been active since the game launched, I know that for a fact, because that player is me.
Edited by Sarlock on 11/28/2012 1:16 AM PST
100 Human Priest
Aww =(

Dailies used to reset at 10pm for me so I could get some done before bed, now it resets at 1am x|
90 Draenei Monk
11/28/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Sarlock
Way to completely screw over the east coast player base. I don't see how keeping it at 3am EST is worse. PST having resets at midnight seems much less impactful than having EST moved to 6am. That effectively removes the possibility for most people to double up on dailies or professions when they might have time. I get off between midnight and 2am, but rarely stay up til 6am, much less long enough to start doing things then.

You guys have jobs or something?

Most of you folks should have been in BED at 3 am, much less 6 am.

You'll be fine.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys have jobs or something?

Most of you folks should have been in BED at 3 am, much less 6 am.

You'll be fine.

I bartend. I get off sometime between 11pm-2am 5 nights a week. I also go to work at 4pm, which means I can no longer participate in the fishing contest weekly, which I was able to do before(if I wasn't too hungover to care).
91 Night Elf Hunter
I like doing things early in the morning to get away from people

WoW is a MMORPG. MMORPG = Massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

Note the "multiplayer" part. The game is designed around multiple players, not single players.

Edit: Anyway, the reset time changes nothing. You can still do all of your dailies and professions at the EXACT same time you did before. You will just be doing it for a different reset period.

Nothing changes with the amount of times you can do things.

Slightly patronizing aren't you?

While I agree with what you have said I can also understand where Emmaryin is coming from.

I also like the semi alone time from crowds of people. I have character's on Stormrage.
I checked Realm pop a few weeks ago and it was listed at around 35,000 people.
Granted not all are on at the same time,with the most populous time being between 4 pm to 11 pm. The worst is right after school and for some right after work.
Ever tried to do dailies between those hours when everyone else is trying to because they have a limited time to play? Chaos.

Ever tried to do dailies when you can't even get a single target because someone is pulling them all to get his/her's done?

Ever tried to do dailies and you get a smarta@@ player who will drop down beside you aggro everything then vanish or run off and leave you to finish his kills? He gets the credit but you don't. Oh and no you dont have a choice,the mobs don't care who started the fight they just want to break someones bones and do not care whose those might be.

So yea I at times (getting a bit more frequent as of late ) like my time alone. I like the knowledge that there's people around but there are times when enough is enough.
Edited by Moonlace on 11/28/2012 1:23 AM PST
100 Gnome Mage
another vote for CST
90 Troll Druid
Crz is terrible

Sure you see more people but to me they are mindless zombies that i don't interact with cause they are not on my server i play on.

This is just a few more things we have to change to try to make CRZ somewhat work but so far no. :(
Edited by Karmá on 11/28/2012 1:31 AM PST
90 Troll Death Knight
Can we assume the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby will be at 2pm PST as well?
seriously worst change ever. blizzard seriously needs some !@#$ kicking.

Yeah, I never complain about anything, but even I think this is a pretty bad change. I feel kind of bad for Zarhym, as I know he needs to toe the line, but his post could basically be summarized as "This causes less problems for us, so we're doing it this way". This is a pitfall many companies can fall into, as it's always tempting to take the development path of least resistance and come up with a solution that prioritizes ease of implementation over maximizing customer experience.

With this change, the fishing tournament will be at 6 pm my time on Sunday (I'm in Atlantic time). As you can imagine, this will hamper my ability to take part in it.
11/28/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Xoss
Can we assume the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby will be at 2pm PST as well?

As far as I can tell the Kalu'ak Derby was removed entirely. Its rewards were absorbed into the Booty Bay contest.
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Libertarian
It just exasperates me that Blizzard entertainment seems to think that the only playerbase that needs to be not screwed over on time based matters are the ones that live in their time zone. Time after time i'm seeing everything they do that involves the time of day being set so that their time zone has it the best.

Why though? Why would Blizzard HQ make the default time zone different than their own in California? lol. "Hey lets make the timezone east coast just to mess with their heads!"
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]