Patch 5.1: Realm Event Time Changes

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I can understand, but its screwy to a lot of people. I had raiders miss raid times because they live in Cali and forgot we raid on server time. Now I need to think of all timed events as in Pacific time? Hell, gonna have to reset one of my clocks to PST just to remind myself (Which will suck, as I have a JPN time, and a Beijing time clock for work).

Your server time *should* be PST now. If I read them right. I don't keep clocks for other time zones.. I just do the math. Like right now it's quarter to 3 am here, it's quarter to 6 in New York.

Yes, putting it on EST screws over west coast just like east coast is currently being screwed over. Dailies resetting at midnight for West coast isn't as impactful as them resetting at 6am for EST though as it effectively destroys the option to stack them or get some things in before sleeping.

Why they moved the time to 3 pm PST I'll never know but you guys honestly should freaking be in bed. That's why they set the resets and maint at night in the first place ><

No one gets a phone call at 4am for raid unless they are actively trying to be on the forefront of progression and their schedules are always going to be more difficult because of that decision

You haven't been playing MMORPGs very long, have you?

4 am phone calls were quite common 10 years ago. When everything was world bosses only. ;)

Nope. My game shows me its 550am home time, 450am server... so I am still Central on my home server. So I dunno if what you said about everything going Pacific was right... from what I understand, reset times are going Pacific, but all realm times will be the same. Thats what I am annoyed with. So I need to remember that:

Work = if work is at 2135, then my time is 835
Server = -1
Everything else minus dungeons = -3? Maybe?

@.@ oi

And I know I know. Sleep schedule is screwed up. Used to starting at 6 am... today is 835. x.x

Only time I ever got woken up to raid was when I lived in China. Doing LK with 36k ms latency was amazing /sarcasm

You had the chance for constructive input, But most choose to just scream that they needed to remove CRZ's.

1) As a comunity You choose to just complain instead of offering constructive feed back.

2) As a comunity you were told they were not going to remove CRZ but you choose to scream about they needed to remove them instead of offer help in making them better,

3) As a comunity You did not help in any way to improve the game you just made 100's of unconstructive threads..

4) as a comunity you now need to eat your poo sandwich and smile.

5) Most of you now wish you had kept your mouths shut.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521292325

Proof that constructive criticism falls on deaf ears lately. They "fixed" things like they "fixed" things with CRZ... they are trying to fix what they broke but making more of a mess.
Edited by Kwanyi on 11/28/2012 2:55 AM PST
90 Draenei Monk
11/28/2012 02:51 AMPosted by Schwarzkopf
Silly question - but what is stopping you doing the dailies at EXACTLY the same time you always did?

They can't do them, let it reset and then do them again every two days so that they don't have to do them every other day.
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage
Every one of the " Constructive threads" turned into a unconstructive venue. Yes there were a few but most of the people just screamed they needed to be removed.
90 Draenei Monk
11/28/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Kwanyi
Nope. My game shows me its 550am home time, 450am server... so I am still Central on my home server. So I dunno if what you said about everything going Pacific was right... from what I understand, reset times are going Pacific, but all realm times will be the same

Which makes absolutely no sense.

I play on 2 PST servers.

Suramar here was cross realmed with Draenor and Veknilash.. and I got dumped on those quite frequently. 2 hour time difference.

I can go anywhere and everywhere all over the entirety of the world and not have:

Weather changes
time changes
lighting changes

It's like I never actually left my server outside a small pause right as the chat channels change. I'm still seeing people on different realms and I'm obviously not staying on Suramar or WrA so....

Explain that? If I'm moving to another realm via CRZ with a different time zone natively, it should change.

11/28/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Kwanyi
Only time I ever got woken up to raid was when I lived in China. Doing LK with 36k ms latency was amazing /sarcasm

I believe it.

But no, EverQuest. Raid bosses spawned at odd times. Guild leader would often log in, find it up, start calling EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the guild, fanning out the phone calls. You wanted 80 people online as soon as humanly possible to kill that thing before the Asians or Europeans got it.

Even the East Coasters had more of an advantage to it than the Kalifornistan folks.
90 Draenei Monk
11/28/2012 02:55 AMPosted by Northernlite
Every one of the " Constructive threads" turned into a unconstructive venue. Yes there were a few but most of the people just screamed they needed to be removed.

Getting a 100% constructive thread on a forum is sorta like getting a non PC stuffed wig in office in California. Won't happen in a million years.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/28/2012 02:57 AMPosted by Reshaari
Nope. My game shows me its 550am home time, 450am server... so I am still Central on my home server. So I dunno if what you said about everything going Pacific was right... from what I understand, reset times are going Pacific, but all realm times will be the same

Which makes absolutely no sense.

I play on 2 PST servers.

Suramar here was cross realmed with Draenor and Veknilash.. and I got dumped on those quite frequently. 2 hour time difference.

I can go anywhere and everywhere all over the entirety of the world and not have:

Weather changes
time changes
lighting changes

It's like I never actually left my server outside a small pause right as the chat channels change. I'm still seeing people on different realms and I'm obviously not staying on Suramar or WrA so....

Explain that? If I'm moving to another realm via CRZ with a different time zone natively, it should change.

I believe it.

But no, EverQuest. Raid bosses spawned at odd times. Guild leader would often log in, find it up, start calling EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the guild, fanning out the phone calls. You wanted 80 people online as soon as humanly possible to kill that thing before the Asians or Europeans got it.

Even the East Coasters had more of an advantage to it than the Kalifornistan folks.

*shrugs* Sitting in Pandaria right now, and thats what its telling me. Give me a moment.
90 Draenei Monk
11/28/2012 03:03 AMPosted by Kwanyi
*shrugs* Sitting in Pandaria right now, and thats what its telling me. Give me a moment.

Weird.

At any rate I need to go to bed.

Game's infuriated me today. Broke my warlock damnit. :/
90 Human Priest
CRZ made my choice in server seem like I have no control since whatever server I chose I would be forced to be with 5+ other servers full of people every time I venture into the world. In the very least my server was my own home time. Now I don't even have that. Thanks so much for making me like the game less every day. If you want the server people play on to mean so little you really need to open up free server transfers so people can move freely for real not at the extreme costs you place on transfers now. Other games offer free transfers. This is just a brand new way to ^%$# on players by "offering" a brand new way to fix an already broken brand new service that so many players left the game over.

News flash.. players like new content not constant changes that affect the way they have enjoyed the game for 4, 5 or 8 years. Continuity is one of the things that brings people back to enjoy the new things. Here is a little breadcrumb at the cost of a whole loaf of bread.

This is a joke.
85 Worgen Druid
People saying you can "just do dailies at the same time" are wrong, if the time you did them crosses the new reset time, at least without jumping through some pretty obnoxious hoops.

And seriously, people talking about what people _should_ be doing overnight? Get over yourself. People do have jobs at weird times, not everyone has a so-called "normal" schedule.
90 Troll Warrior
Was the Wanderer's Festival in Krasarang Wilds affected by this change? If so, clarification would be greatly appreciated, because the whole U.S./Canada 4 week DST difference SERIOUSLY screwed with people (for 4 weeks it occurred at 8pm/10pm server time instead of 9pm/11pm).

Yes, I know Pandaria is not affected by CRZ. But this is the kind of thing that should probably be changed now instead of later.
90 Draenei Mage
Profession cooldowns and farm reset
3:00 a.m. PST

It's 3:07 AM here in the Pacific Time Zone and the plants aren't sprouted. Planted them at about 1 PM PST.

I think there may be a problem.
90 Tauren Paladin
Man, this choice really does bite but it does nothing for some of the common issues:

1) Profession resets-no matter what time these reset, most will only beable to do 1 a day, the doubling up only happens if they have not done it for quite some time (or have yet to do it that day) and by the time they get it done, it is close to the reset anyway.

2) daily resets-this is where people will really get screwed, but some might adjust, the main issue I, and others like me might have, is we do dailyes on many toons and depending on how many we have on each toon might like to make dents in them (like I'd be doing the dailies on toons that were down to cooking, for achieves/1 rep working just after reset and the ones with alot of dailies during the day

3) events-another area where people will easily get screwed, but not as noticable unless they just want an early start.

Now what is used in Europe might work there but a) how many time zones are among the servers there and b) is the time chosen a central or the most advanced time?

The true fixes I can see include the following:

1) drop CRZ, but I can tell Blizzard is determined to keep this feature
2) return profession CDs to 24 hours and not based on the clock, this will stop the double dipping if that is a real issue
3) choose a more central time zone (MST or CST) to at least soften the blow and adjustment people have to deal with
4) use EST as the base and poit out the benifits to the timezones after (like if dailies reset at midnight PST, the nightouwls over there can get some things done before bed)
5) leave the dailies on server time for reset, most do not x-realm group for dailies and, until pandaria joins CRZ, there is really no point in having dailies reset at a time when that server will be unable to do much unless they are either serious night owls, no-lifers, or graveyard shifters

I'll be one to admit that somethings need to be done at a standardized time, just so people do not take advantage of CRZ or anything else, but to me these are limited to:
1) world events
2)the compititions like STV fishing
3) Server maintenance (this could easily remain on PST)
4) the world arenas (STV and DMF)
5) potentially mob spawns (if they spawn at a set time and are not on a timer)

For those wondering, I am a palyer with a local time of MST but playes on 1 server with PST and 1 server with CST, which is why I was able to plan things as I did (main server is the CST one)
90 Troll Warrior
People saying you can "just do dailies at the same time" are wrong, if the time you did them crosses the new reset time, at least without jumping through some pretty obnoxious hoops.

And seriously, people talking about what people _should_ be doing overnight? Get over yourself. People do have jobs at weird times, not everyone has a so-called "normal" schedule.

That's a rather unique situation (one hour out of 24), and a situation that existed even before this change, just for different players.
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Weird.

At any rate I need to go to bed.

Game's infuriated me today. Broke my warlock damnit. :/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/Hitotsu_Zutto/ScreenShot2012-11-28at60827.png

Home time: 607 AM (EST)
Realm time: 506 AM (CST)

Thats from this morning. So... xD Apparently nothing is changed. Others report times not changing, so maybe... and this is just my thoughts...

They combined CRZ servers with a +/- 0 hour difference (that way there is no jumpy time changes, etc)... but then decided to change all the reset times to PST instead of native time (server time). So... I can fly anywhere (or sit on Pandaria in Quel'dorei), and the server times don't change. BUT the reset times are on Pacific, so you still need to do the math to know when things unlock, etc.

Which.... is more confusing... o.o
Edited by Kwanyi on 11/28/2012 3:17 AM PST
90 Goblin Hunter
11/28/2012 02:51 AMPosted by Schwarzkopf
Silly question - but what is stopping you doing the dailies at EXACTLY the same time you always did?

Now that the times have changed ingame, it does effect when I'll be doing my dailies and other things. Sure, instead of a 3am deadline, it is now a 6am one. I enjoyed the option to do my dailies for the current day, and possibly some of the next days, before I finally became incapacitated.

Getting a jump on the next days dailies early let me avoid the obnoxious players mostly. Also, given extra time (real life allowed) during the early evenings and if I had done at least half of my faction rep grinds for the then current day (after reset), I could log on during peak hours and see if I could get into a LFR or just do some 5-mans with the guild, instead of having to worry about working on 7+ faction grinds on this toon alone plus the ones I have to complete on 3 other toons before I zonk out. Just getting that early start helped me out alot by giving me the feelign of not playing every night (even though I had :-)).

I know its a big mystery to some, but having those 3hrs removed from a routine, does rock the boat. Change is good, but some change is unnecessary.
Edited by Yodathehulk on 11/28/2012 3:21 AM PST
Good grief, people will complain about anything. So your sun rises at a slightly more ridiculous time now? Big damn' deal. It rises at like 2pm when you live in Australia, and it STILL doesn't matter. You guys can have a cry - Imma go get my angler and see if I can finally get Salty.
90 Draenei Mage
3:18 AM PST. Log out.
3:19 AM PST. Log in. Plants mature.

THAT'S new.
90 Human Priest
11/27/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm on a realm where my dailies have been resetting at 1 a.m. my local time, which I've used to my advantage to do back-to-back dailies many nights before bed. I won't be able to do that anymore. But I don't think that's somehow unfair to me.

Maybe you don't find it unfair but then again you get paid to say that don't you. I do feel it is unfair to me. And honestly it is a slap in the face to players that have played for years. Changes are something people have to get used to sure but there seem to be an awful lot of new "features" you guys are pushing down our throats to just get used to aren't there. I guess I just recall good times when the game was made for us not against us.
90 Troll Warrior
11/28/2012 03:24 AMPosted by Mityaphrdite
I'm on a realm where my dailies have been resetting at 1 a.m. my local time, which I've used to my advantage to do back-to-back dailies many nights before bed. I won't be able to do that anymore. But I don't think that's somehow unfair to me.

Maybe you don't find it unfair but then again you get paid to say that don't you. I do feel it is unfair to me. And honestly it is a slap in the face to players that have played for years. Changes are something people have to get used to sure but there seem to be an awful lot of new "features" you guys are pushing down our throats to just get used to aren't there. I guess I just recall good times when the game was made for us not against us.

Were the pre-5.1 times a slap in the face to players that have had to put up with it? Was the game made against them for the last 8 years?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]