Sigil of wisdom/power

90 Blood Elf Mage
Can you run lfr multiple times for this drop or do you only have a chance to get it the first run per week? I'm in need of a few more wisdoms and wasn't sure if I could just keep running lfr.
I know gear wise it's only on the first run per week. Didn't know if this includes the sigils
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
It drops during looting so you can only get it once a week as far as I can tell.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It drops just like regular loot, unfortunately = (

I am 14 (i know, so wierd right?) sigils of power / 7 wisdom. I wish I could just run HoF and get my 10 and call it a week = )
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
It drops just like regular loot, unfortunately = (

I am 14 (i know, so wierd right?) sigils of power / 7 wisdom. I wish I could just run HoF and get my 10 and call it a week = )

Have you gotten new sigils of wisdom from LFR since going over 10 sigils of power? I haven't, and I was wondering if there was a bug involved. Someone else on a ToES run yesterday mentioned getting a sigil and I didn't, and I thought sigils would be given to everybody if the boss dropped it.

EDIT: Ok, double-checked and in LFR sigils are a chance per player, not per boss, so someone else getting a sigil doesn't impact me. Still concerned that having more than 10 sigils of power is bugging out LFR loot.
Edited by Kyrthae on 11/28/2012 6:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/28/2012 06:10 AMPosted by Kyrthae
Someone else on a ToES run yesterday mentioned getting a sigil and I didn't, and I thought sigils would be given to everybody if the boss dropped it.

Not exactly. It's an independant roll, I think.

Terrace of Endless Spring rewards, just like Mogu'shan Vaults, Sigils of Power.
Sigils of Wisdom is only rewarded by killing bosses from Heart of Fear.

To think, I got 35 Sigils of Power against 4 Sigils of Wisdom, all combined. Just my luck.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

/facepalm That would explain it. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am concerned that sigils stacking above 10 is actually a bug. We currently have no need for them above 10, and they are actually impeding the gearing process at that point. For each sigil aobve 10, it is a missed opportunity for a piece of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
11/28/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Sãlly
I am concerned that sigils stacking above 10 is actually a bug. We currently have no need for them above 10, and they are actually impeding the gearing process at that point. For each sigil aobve 10, it is a missed opportunity for a piece of gear.

This I know is incorrect. In LFR the chance for a sigil is a separate roll. Note that if you have 10 sigils of power (or wisdom), you can not get any more in LFR (I believe, based on experience and discussion) -- EDIT: Doing research, maybe I'm wrong on the "no getting more than 10 in LFR" belief. That said, the separate drop roll of Sigil is correct.
Edited by Kyrthae on 11/28/2012 6:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is incorrect. I have more than 10 sigils of power right now in my inventory.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I had 22 sigils of power and 11 Sigils of wisdom when I got my gem last night. Got #10 and #11 in LFR.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Semirhaj
I had 22 sigils of power and 11 Sigils of wisdom when I got my gem last night. Got #10 and #11 in LFR.

And you got them yesterday after the patch?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

You'd be wrong, there.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Dyrik
Someone else on a ToES run yesterday mentioned getting a sigil and I didn't, and I thought sigils would be given to everybody if the boss dropped it.

This is slightly wrong. Terrace can reward both Sigils. I just got my last Wisdom sigil off Terrace.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/28/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Benemus

And you got them yesterday after the patch?

Yes I did.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Can't you use more sigils to get more gems? For an off-spec or if you're upgrading to a weapon from a harder difficulty? And it's a seperate roll, it doesn't affect whether or not you get gear (I've gotten a sigil and gear on the same boss in LFR, a couple times).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/28/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Semirhaj

Gratz i'm jelly!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Can't you use more sigils to get more gems? For an off-spec or if you're upgrading to a weapon from a harder difficulty? And it's a seperate roll, it doesn't affect whether or not you get gear (I've gotten a sigil and gear on the same boss in LFR, a couple times).

You cannot use more for gems. You need to pay 10k in hard earned gold for each additional gem by talking to wrathion.
Edited by Semirhaj on 11/29/2012 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

huh?

sigil drops are totally seperate from loot drops.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Actually the bosses in Terrace have a chance to drop both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]