Herb Nerf?

90 Human Warrior
Why?

there's honestly not enough herbs on the auctionhouse now for me to mill on my inscriptionists,

the herbs on the auction house are almost barren, common blizz.

Yeah same here. I actually starting to make a little money considering how empty my AH is.
100 Human Paladin
This really sucks blizzard..now i will be broke forever, and my blacksmithing will take forever. FIX THIS NOW
100 Orc Rogue
11/29/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Waylord
This really sucks blizzard..now i will be broke forever, and my blacksmithing will take forever. FIX THIS NOW

Nothing to fix, because it was intentional. I guess you are gonna have to work for it now.
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Ravenhawke

Nothing to fix, because it was intentional. I guess you are gonna have to work for it now.

Then don't complain when you start to see your flasks , pots and items you want that are listed in the AH , but now 300% more expensive....Its called second and third order of effects...simple concept. Actions have consequences....so you better start to work for that gold needed to cover the increase in costs
100 Undead Rogue
Lame, 50% drop in herbing nodes is something I might toss into the patch notes.. Has there been an increase in Golden Lotus spawns or was that "solved" by making spirits purchasable via conquest points?
90 Draenei Mage
So 100 gold for a stack of green leaf tea wasn't enough? Who tells you they feel undervalued, you just added more work for everyone but botters for what reason? Fun? Who felt undervalued? No one, you are just spouting nonsense and it is really showing a disconnect with the actual players of the game now. A major change such as this also doesn't strangely not make the patch notes, do the groups at blizzard even talk to one another anymore? You had a great thing going, MoP was the best time to level a profession. I'm glad I got my Darkmoon card since the amount of herbs I had to farm just to make cards now wouldn't even be possible for me with the nerf. There simply is not a reason for this change, as you have made a concerted effort to nerf money making ways (old dungeons in particular) but have no problem with inflating gathering all of a sudden? I
94 Draenei Death Knight
What I don't understand is if the materials were so undervalued, why did they always sell? All of them?

I could toss up thousands of stacks of ghost iron, and every last piece would sell.
90 Pandaren Monk

Right. So all the people in this thread, and this thread

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200302338?page=1

We're all just lazy people who want things handed to us. Cuz yaknow, it's absurd to just screw the spawn rate like this, NOT include it in the patch notes or give any warning, and expect us all to be fine with it.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, people don't have 3 or 4 or 5 hours a day to spend farming for what took them maybe an hour to get a couple days ago just to make their own pots/flasks/glyphs or whatever?

Ignorance is bliss as they say, and ignorance is also assuming that everyone who has an issue with this change is only complaining because they sell gold or want to be rich with FAKE money. The game is grindy enough as is and gathering was the one respite most of us had from that grind. It was the area where we could not invest the majority of our play time being forced to do something we didn't really want to do simply because it was "necessary".
90 Gnome Warlock
It sure as hell isn't 50%. Ore nodes are fine. Fool's Cap is not!
90 Pandaren Warrior
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Are you kidding? 50% is bull droppings, why on earth are you making the BoT business more profitable?
90 Human Paladin
What I don't understand is if the materials were so undervalued, why did they always sell? All of them?

I could toss up thousands of stacks of ghost iron, and every last piece would sell.

This
100 Human Paladin

You're right. ill have to work for it, but i'll also have to compete with six or so bots per zone, and of course normal players. It wont be fun. And just another daily grind.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
hold on you're telling me that while running my normal route that i get 23 nodes in 1 hour as opposed to the 150 i was getting before? that's WAY too low, not even an incentive to farm at all, there's no reason if my time is just being wasted and i cant make money off of 6 stacks of herbs an hour....
Edited by Drios on 11/29/2012 6:32 PM PST
100 Gnome Warlock
hold on you're telling me that while running my normal route that i get 2 nodes in 1 hour as opposed to the 10 i was getting before? thats WAY too low, not even an incentive to farm at all, theres no reason if my time is just being wasted and i cant make moneoy off of 2 stacks of herbs an hour....

You are correct sir.
90 Human Warrior
I just don't understand why you're blatantly lying about the nerf. It's obviously not 50%. Anyone with two eyes and ten minutes in the dread wastes can see that. Why all of the deceit and ninja nerfing all of a sudden?
1 Undead Priest
Did they increase golden lotus spawns?
100 Troll Druid
I loved being able to spend less time farming mats since you added a grind to every other part of the game with your Dailies.

Now you are adding a grind to collecting mats for flasks and potions.

why did I rethink myself and pay for another 6 months.

Exact same thing here. I canceled my subscription then resubbed for 3 months after a friend asked me to stick around. Only 3 months, but I'm kicking myself over it now.
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

WAY more than 50% lol.

All I do in this game is farm--I find it fun, and I know that nerf was at least 300% if not more.

50% lol.....sheep.
90 Pandaren Monk

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Why wasn't this in the patch notes?

Because had they told us about it pre-patch, players would've had the chance to farm up extra and horde it to sell. Same with them not telling us about the change from 3:1 to 2:1 for Golden Lotus for Spirits. It seems the montra lately is not to tell players about upcoming changes that will upset them and then deal with it or ignore it later.
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Sweatpants
I just don't understand why you're blatantly lying about the nerf. It's obviously not 50%. Anyone with two eyes and ten minutes in the dread wastes can see that. Why all of the deceit and ninja nerfing all of a sudden?

I agree, I think it is more in the realm of 100% nerf.
Edited by Vhalayune on 11/29/2012 6:40 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]