Herb Nerf?

90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm going to stop making scrolls of wisdom now.
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/29/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Vhalayune
I just don't understand why you're blatantly lying about the nerf. It's obviously not 50%. Anyone with two eyes and ten minutes in the dread wastes can see that. Why all of the deceit and ninja nerfing all of a sudden?

I agree, I think it is more in the realm of 100% nerf.

That's why I suspect it was also the amount of nodes that was nerfed by 50%. Half as many nodes spawning half as often in effect would equate to a 100% nerf.
90 Tauren Druid
Nerf reason: Chinese farmers losing money.
I gotta say I don't think this was called for. And not announcing it ahead of time to allow for discussion was pretty tacky.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Here's the thing, I have an herber and I almost dont' want to herb now.
90 Human Warrior
Inscription really isn't viable anymore. The only thing that was keeping the prof. above water was the amount of herbs you could farm, which let you create the crane inscriptions and vendor them. While this might not have been "intended" it was really the only thing that let inscription earn the same amount as other profs. This nerf is hurting a lot more people than you think, blizz.
90 Worgen Warrior
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

I hope that this will have an impact on CRZ farming then. If the spawn rates are getting cut, then those of us on realms that aren't overpopulated should not also have to contend with people from other servers CRZ'ing to us to farm our herbs to take to their economies. This is not good surprise news to get *right* before the DMF comes and I haven't farmed for inks to make all of my cards. Having to fight for spawns with a certain player that I've seen multiple times farming for 6+ hours on my server instead of their own is far less than ideal in the crunch that's suddenly been applied.
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/29/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Firestyle
Here's the thing, I have an herber and I almost dont' want to herb now.

Yep, farming is boring when there is nothing to actually stop flying for.

Anyway, thanks for the free dozen RBG mounts. I guess I can live without a few herbs.
Edited by Firestyle on 11/29/2012 6:50 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Not being in the patch notes is unacceptable. The individual responsible for the notes not having a clue on such a huge change is demonstrative of a real problem in blizzard intracommunication strategy. The change is absurd. There should be a real hesitancy for blizzard implementing untested changes but apparently this organization is so arrogant that they don't care. I would dearly love to know what your goals are in regards to AH prices and why you don't feel that normal market forces (if it isn't worth it people don't farm) are inadequate for meeting AH goals.

C'mon you can say it, cmon. Thats' alright, we all know the answer. BOTTERS that you can't bother to spend the money to control. Right now the only "players" willing to farm are those that don't follow the rules. BOO!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Either my server isnt filled with botters (Im sure it is) or I have been quite lucky. Yes there definitely is a noticeable drop in spawn rates and node amounts for Fool's Cap anyways, but I still picked up 3 stacks in prob 10 mins or so and Green Tea? Still seems to be an abundant amount (basically enough to make me not even want to bother picking it up)

Lol ;)

And yes Golden Lotus if piggybacked off another herb spawn wont get you the buff, its only when you pick the actual plant itself do you get the buff.
90 Worgen Mage
That's why I suspect it was also the amount of nodes that was nerfed by 50%. Half as many nodes spawning half as often in effect would equate to a 100% nerf.

O_o

100% nerf means that there would be none whatsoever. If indeed the nodes were reduced in number by 50% and then further reduced in spawn times by 50% then you would be closer to accurate in it being reduce to ~ 75% reduction in available nodes.

Think of it this way. If the number of available nodes was 100, and that was nerfed 50%, then you would have 50 available nodes. If that number was then nerfed in spawn rates so only 50% of those were active, then you would have 25 nodes active.

On the subject of this nerf, I am not exactly a heavy farmer but the increase in spawns from Cataclysm to Mists was ridiculous. The amount of nodes we have enjoyed up until now was a stupid amount of spawned nodes and it has had huge effects on the server economy. I can understand why, if people did not really farm in previous expansions, started in Mists and then had this nerf this would feel stupid to them but it should never have been as high as it was in the first place.
90 Troll Druid
Why are you not putting certain things like this in the patch notes? Do you think your player base is so blind that we won't see the changes? Patch notes are there for a reason, not just to market yourselves on the "cool" stuff you do - but to inform players about the other things too.
90 Undead Mage
I make nearly all of my gold doing dailies and I farm just enough herbs to make flasks and potions for myself and two or three members of my raid group. I also farm just enough herbs to do my Inscription researches every day. I need to farm around 1000 herbs every week at the minimum. Players like myself are the real losers from this change. I hope the developers are happy with themselves.
Edited by Halister on 11/29/2012 6:57 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Farming 1 stack of Fool's Cap is pain in the !@#. 1 hour farming and I got only 2 stacks. Frankly, Blizzard pushing us to start BoTing with this retards changes :(
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Then don't complain when you start to see your flasks , pots and items you want that are listed in the AH , but now 300% more expensive....Its called second and third order of effects...simple concept. Actions have consequences....so you better start to work for that gold needed to cover the increase in costs

I'm not afraid to put in a little effort. It'll mean I'll make more gold on my server. So it's win win for me. gets me closer to gold cap.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

On the subject of this nerf, I am not exactly a heavy farmer but the increase in spawns from Cataclysm to Mists was ridiculous. The amount of nodes we have enjoyed up until now was a stupid amount of spawned nodes and it has had huge effects on the server economy. I can understand why, if people did not really farm in previous expansions, started in Mists and then had this nerf this would feel stupid to them but it should never have been as high as it was in the first place.

I only started playing (and herbing) half way through Cata, but my herbalist worked out pretty fast that if you want Whiptail for flasks and inks, you go to the Delta in Uldum where it was prolific and you could spend an hour or so getting what you needed. Uldum is still like that. For current requirements, though, it's like trying to make something that requires 200 Khorium.
90 Pandaren Monk
You have a funny definition of "a little"
90 Troll Shaman
This nerf may be the final catalyst to not buying another subscription cost. I enjoy herbing, have enjoyed it in Pandaria since release for my 4 inscritpionists, but with this nerf i cannot see any point to take the time to make DMF cards to sell. The time invested to just get 10 starlight inks will be disproportional to the gold earned.

I've spent the last 2 weeks lobbying my boyfriend to get him to buy himself a time card next week - He woke up to go to work tonight and i told him about the nerf of herb and ore and that pretty much single handedly ensured he will not be renewing his subscription.

THANKS BLIZZ for determining we were having TO MUCH FUN and taking it away without saying a word.

Customer Service - Really not a priority for Blizzard.
90 Human Warrior
Yeah... I'm going to have to go with thumbs down on this. Again here Blizz you have taken something away from your player base after giving it. I heard NO ONE complaining that node respawns were too high or that they thought high respawns were undervaluing resources.

The only thing you have done here is to help make the BOTs more gold. Did you think that bots were suddenly going to not go after current content resources simply because of spawn rates? Of course they are. A bot doesn't (For all intents and purposes) care how much longer it takes to get a stack. A real player however, does care.

Boo on the change. And BTW Dax, You need to start checking up on stuff before blindly posting about it. You made yourself look uninformed and unprofessional here.
Edited by Calthos on 11/29/2012 7:05 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]