Herb Nerf?

90 Human Paladin
Been thinking about quitting for a while now. with all these drastic changes anyway. i think this might be the nail in the coffin for me.
90 Human Paladin
Lets see...twice the time to get a third of the results...This is going to reflect heavy in the AH and how I and others price their goods that use said materials....And Cheap...I like your post. only until a substantial amount of people start to speak with their wallets...Blizzard won't care.
85 Goblin Priest
Why is it that the devs seem to be taking the Marines stance on game development.

"the only EASY day in this game, was YESTERDAY!"
90 Night Elf Druid
WOULD IT HURT YOU GUYS TO LET US KNOW AHEAD OF TIME BEFORE MAKING SUCH DRASTIC CHANGES?
90 Tauren Druid
...and just as I was enjoying gathering too.
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Waylord
Been thinking about quitting for a while now. with all these drastic changes anyway. i think this might be the nail in the coffin for me.

Sadly I have been fighting this one myself and just can't see why they would make such a change and think for a nanosecond that it will have any effect on BOTs. But I guess maybe there are more of them then there is of us who do play the game and are in front of the screens, rather then programming a certain flight path where nodes spawn. If that is the case it would make perfect business sense to cater to them.
90 Human Warrior
Why is it that the devs seem to be taking the Marines stance on game development.

Exactly. Blizzard always seems to hit nails with ten ton hammers.
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Euphoriia
WOULD IT HURT YOU GUYS TO LET US KNOW AHEAD OF TIME BEFORE MAKING SUCH DRASTIC CHANGES?

Yes because they know there would be a huge stink over it, if that information got out before the patch went live
85 Human Paladin
You guys need to get over this superstitious belief that unseen "developers" are affecting things like the rate of herb growth. Superstitious belief in unseen gods is what led to the decline of the Greek and Roman Empires.

The fact is that it hasn't rained much in Pandaria lately, so the herbs are growing more slowly. That's why it's taking longer to herb, not the machinations of "developers" pulling levers behind the scenes.
Edited by Kàylenn on 11/29/2012 7:19 PM PST
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/29/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Virtutis
That's why I suspect it was also the amount of nodes that was nerfed by 50%. Half as many nodes spawning half as often in effect would equate to a 100% nerf.

O_o

100% nerf means that there would be none whatsoever. If indeed the nodes were reduced in number by 50% and then further reduced in spawn times by 50% then you would be closer to accurate in it being reduce to ~ 75% reduction in available nodes.

Think of it this way. If the number of available nodes was 100, and that was nerfed 50%, then you would have 50 available nodes. If that number was then nerfed in spawn rates so only 50% of those were active, then you would have 25 nodes active.

On the subject of this nerf, I am not exactly a heavy farmer but the increase in spawns from Cataclysm to Mists was ridiculous. The amount of nodes we have enjoyed up until now was a stupid amount of spawned nodes and it has had huge effects on the server economy. I can understand why, if people did not really farm in previous expansions, started in Mists and then had this nerf this would feel stupid to them but it should never have been as high as it was in the first place.

Thank you. Math was never my friend.

And, I don't know. Clearly, the demand for raw materials was able to meet the abundance in quantity. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been selling. Not once since the expansion launched did any of my auctions of raw materials expire.

So basically what I'm gathering (hah) from this is that it's expected or intended for there to be a shortage of supply? That's supposed to be fun, or something?
90 Night Elf Druid
. I enjoy herbing, have enjoyed it in Pandaria since release for my 4 inscritpionists, but with this nerf i cannot see any point to take the time to make DMF cards to sell. The time invested to just get 10 starlight inks will be disproportional to the gold earned.

This is my major concern. There is a limited demand for DMC cards with RF and Valor gear. So the reality is that one has doubled the effort but there is no room to double the cost. So in the end herbalists---at least herbalist with scribes---will be doing more work for less pay.

My fear is that this will cause scribes to quit making cards which will make it that much harder for the few left to actually make decks and thus a death spiral will ensue.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

*sigh*

I remember that one.

also:

"If it ain't rainin' then you ain't trainin'!!!" ... in the middle of a giant coastal storm.

Personal favorite from my old gunny:

"Air Force looks pretty sweet compared to all this, don't it?!?" ... heard that one at least once a day.
90 Night Elf Druid

Why wasn't this in the patch notes?

Because had they told us about it pre-patch, players would've had the chance to farm up extra and horde it to sell. Same with them not telling us about the change from 3:1 to 2:1 for Golden Lotus for Spirits. It seems the montra lately is not to tell players about upcoming changes that will upset them and then deal with it or ignore it later.

So... don't include them in the PTR patch notes? There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't have put them in the actual 5.1 patch notes that were released while the servers were DOWN FOR THE PATCH. How could you stockpile then?
Edited by Jelleh on 11/29/2012 7:34 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
ug i really really enjoyed this aspect of mop i could go gather for my self and not spend allll night trying to beat the bits and farmers. so now i have to fit dailies lfr and dungeon groups into it to/
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This is pretty disappointing to me for my Herbing. I don't sell my herbs, I use them for Alch, Inscription and it's taking massive chunks of my play time now to actually get enough to do squat with. Ore I haven't really had any issue with but I guess I can just hope herbs get a boost soon.

It seemed like herbs were selling at a fine price before...

It was nice to be able to get all the herbs I need from farming for a few hours instead of farming for days.
Edited by Ellriana on 11/29/2012 7:27 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This nerf may be the final catalyst to not buying another subscription cost. I enjoy herbing, have enjoyed it in Pandaria since release for my 4 inscritpionists, but with this nerf i cannot see any point to take the time to make DMF cards to sell. The time invested to just get 10 starlight inks will be disproportional to the gold earned.

This is why they nerfed Fool's Cap. 4 Scribes. Seriously. It is on the borderline of exploiting the game imo. You cannot tell me that all your fun hinged around being like a card making factory. I have 4 jc's said no one ever, bs, etc... Fool's cap was never intended to be a bountiful resource. It is just now almost 2 months into the x-pac and the dmf trinkets are practically worthless now because of the over abundance of herbs. If it went on like this for another month, you guys are right, scribes would be worthless. Cards would be like 100 gold, jeez.
90 Undead Rogue
The part that I do not understand is that in MoP all of the crafting required more mats per item. My assumption to the increase quantity of nodes was due to this higher crafting demands.

Are you planning on lowering the mats requirement in crafting to balance this out?
90 Tauren Warrior
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Anecdotal evidence leads me to believe that the current rates are too low. It is now taking my druid a solid hour to churn out enough ore for one living steel; even with the mist-piercing goggles on.
Edited by Krakau on 11/29/2012 7:36 PM PST
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/29/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Nicocoa
I have 4 jc's said no one ever, bs, etc...

This is 100% false. Particularly during WotLK when the benefits from blacksmithing and jewelcrafting complemented another enough to become the best profession combination for almost all competitive specs, it therefore was also one of the most common combinations seen.

Also, people often leveled more than one alchemist or tailor to reap the benefits from more than one specialization. I know many people who leveled more than one alchemist, scribe, or jewelcrafter so they could research or acquire tokens faster, and therefore corner the market faster.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]