Herb Nerf?

If you think it sucks now, just wait until they bring CRZ into Pandaria and we get to fight for even fewer resources.
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd guess the nodes spawn based on farming rate; and that rate got reset back to base, see
If it improves over the next week or so.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yesterday I made a comment on a post about thinking that the herbs are based on the number of players in the area or zone.

I noticed that there seems to be the same number of players close to the farms and one place I knew that always had a few spawns of green tea leaf was on the location of "the heartland" where I use to enjoy fighting those fast hopping rabbits for those herbs.

As it seems now is has not been a spawn there for more than 20 mins, I guess Blizzards wants those fast hopping rabbits left alone.
44 Blood Elf Warlock
The nerfing of herbs is sooo irritating! Put it back please this sucks :( :( I flew all over the mucks no fools cap...cant find hardly any herbs. Its making me a sad panda.
Edited by Bluepoison on 11/28/2012 1:52 PM PST
It can be that I'm just very unlucky, but has anyone noticed a decreased drop rate in Life Spirits? Normally I have more than I can handle, and now I'm not getting any.
90 Human Warrior
What about the mist concealed ones?
90 Pandaren Monk
11/28/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Jubba
Pandaria nodes were nerfed to combat the botting.

This seems pretty backwards. It gives bots an even bigger edge while preventing honest players from being able to gather mats to level their professions.
Edited by Chunk on 11/28/2012 1:55 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So instead of dealing with the bot problem, they nerf the spawn rate. That sounds like the Blizzard that i know. Seriously Blizz, who the hell is making the decisions up there in the office?
Edited by Tâssadar on 11/28/2012 1:59 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
It's definitely much better than it was 5-6 hours ago but it's still a pretty significant nerf, which is quite unfortunate. I really like the feeling of having my bags full of herbs for some reason, lol.
85 Tauren Druid

Pandaria nodes were nerfed to combat the botting.

Next they'll probably just remove Halls of Lightning from the game.

Seems logical. Make a change that negatively affects every single player in the entire game, so that the illegal botters won't make quite as much profit. *sigh*

And sadly, has been the response from Blizzard on past occasions as well.

Make a change in the game that impacts all the legitimate players so that the people doing it legitimately are punished along with the bots.
90 Human Warrior
Still looking for a blue post on this! Haven't seen one so far...
90 Orc Rogue
Thank you blizz ,for punishing us even more ; rep grinds were not enough eh ? .Blizz just helped gold farmers by pushing up the value of fools cap and golden lotus trade ins :/ .Now gold sellers get richer and the majority of players suffer,GG blizz (give ghostcrawler a pay rise ,for every unpopular patch nerf :p)

"oh dear i lost my cookies,where could they be "
100 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Chunk on 11/28/12 1:55 PM (PST)

11/28/2012 12:17 PMPosted by JubbaPandaria nodes were nerfed to combat the botting.This seems pretty backwards. It gives bots an even bigger edge while preventing honest players from being able to gather mats to level their professions.

^^^^^ THIS a thousand times THIS !!

Bots will now get the herbs and the rest of us suffer.

Backwards thinking is causing very dumb choices to be made that support the cheats and punish the honest players.

This will make it harder for honest people to make ANY money. More promoting goldsellers?
100 Night Elf Druid
This all makes me thinl Blizzard needs to hire an Economist to help them figure out how to fix things related to gold.

THe 'solutions' they have come up with support the cheats and hurt the honest people. 'Gold sinks"? Why? average players do not have that much gold so you helped those that cheat. Nerf spawn rates? Only helps those that use sheat programs that tell them when and where nodes are so their bots can get them as soon as they spawn.

Block or ban botters. Many say in forums how they report them but the bots stay. It feels more like you support the cheats/goldsellers/bots and don't care how the average player feels in seeing these cheats get all the 'Firsts' gold and unique things in game well before a simple player.

Stop hurting the average player under the guise of 'dealing with' cheats without thinking through how the 'fix' impacts the average player.
90 Human Warrior
11/28/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Ayrthrina
Stop hurting the average player under the guise of 'dealing with' cheats without thinking through how the 'fix' impacts the average player.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
90 Draenei Shaman
This is pretty sad in my opinion... What happens to the legit ppl that farm for hours like me? trying to make some gold .. Now i been getting 4 stacks/H ... Blizz blew it on this one.
90 Human Warrior
11/28/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Øpráwìndfury
This is pretty sad in my opinion... What happens to the legit ppl that farm for hours like me? trying to make some gold .. Now i been getting 4 stacks/H ... Blizz blew it on this one.

Everyone is screwed except for the botters, who will undoubtedly adapt to the situation or come up with some other scheme of making gold (See HoL). This will only be successful in combating players leveling up their professions. Perhaps that is what blizzard is trying to do? It awfully seems like they want to slow progression as much as possible, so why not put a huge hamper on one of the fastest ways to get gear and items? (Gold Grinding)
100 Blood Elf Warlock
How am I going to keep making flask for my guild at this rate. Botting isn't even a real problem on my realm and now I can't farm at all. Over an hour flying around and found a whole 60 fool's cap.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Many bots use a hack to mine/herb from underground. Nerfing the spawn rates only supports bots and makes life insanely hard for regular players. The bots can get to the spawns before we can and will now make ridiculous amounts of profit. If they want to control/stop botting, they should increase the spawn rate in order to make it unprofitable for bots.
90 Worgen Warrior
Is it any better now?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]