Herb Nerf?

90 Goblin Shaman
It wasn't any better as of 7am this morning, but I'm seriously hoping that this rolling restart fixes it. This is making it almost impossible to gather enough herbs to actually do anything with. Blizz just keeps adding stumbling blocks to playing this game, especially to those people that have to work, etc. After spending 1.5 hours grinding all the rep, 2 hours spent trying to farm enough herbs to make flasks and pots, then crafting said flasks and pots, there's hardly enough time to do anything else.
90 Human Warrior
Did the rolling restart affect the herbs in dread wastes at all? I've been in kun lai all day.
90 Worgen Mage
11/28/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Sweatpants
What the hell is up with this nerf? I've been flying around Briny Muck for around 30 minutes and I've found maybe 10 nodes, and that's 10x more than I found in dread wastes.

Have you got your mistpierciing goggles? They might help.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I can unofficially confirm this as well.

Seems to be much less Green Tea Leaf and Rain Poppy. It's roughly taking a sweep of an entire zone, the whole of Jade Forest for example, to get several stacks worth. As opposed to before, I could rack up 15 stacks in about half of that zone, or less.

Not too bothersome, but still WTFOMGLOL

Don't even bother with fool's cap or snow lily. I'm still trying to get even one stack of FC after 30 minutes....

I just posted in a thread in the profession forums about this too. After running laps around Briny Muck I had 11 Fools cap. Just 11. I mean, nerfing it a little I could see since there was almost too many nodes but damn. Now I'm going to have to farm all freakin day to do anything with Alch/Inscription. I have both I need a lot of herbs :<
90 Worgen Druid
this another bonehead blizzard attempt which they could of done this way differently if they want to combat botters. Not going spend hours farming something just to make something give break blizz. Insult to injury its not even in notes. Remember SOE mistake on SWG they thought they was god and end up killing cash cow. Blizz this is madness dont nerf resources no one going spend hours of their time farming its bull!@#$.
1 Draenei Paladin
I farmed approx 8 hours ago ore and herbs and I got maybe a 1/4 of what I normally get for the 4 hours I farm. As I farm for my bs, alchy, engineer , and inscriptionist, means I have to farm what every night to try and get mats for all those professions instead of a couple of times a week/2 weeks . And as I farm for stuff for flasks etc for guild/guildies it is a real pain to farm every night now.
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Nèmesis
this another bonehead blizzard attempt which they could of done this way differently if they want to combat botters. Not going spend hours farming something just to make something give break blizz. Insult to injury its not even in notes. Remember SOE mistake on SWG they thought they was god and end up killing cash cow. Blizz this is madness dont nerf resources no one going spend hours of their time farming its bull!@#$.

Yeah this really sucks :/ I wish they would have some foresight for the future instead of making short-overhanded decisions. The only thing this nerf is going to actual prevent is normal people from leveling skills and professions.
90 Human Paladin
I imagined that this was a response to the botting issue. But why make the rest of us suffer for their mistakes. I sweat this game gets less and less appealing each patch.
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Vhalayune
I imagined that this was a response to the botting issue. But why make the rest of us suffer for their mistakes. I sweat this game gets less and less appealing each patch.

My thoughts exactly. With the massive amount of dailies, rep grinding, etc they've added this game was almost a job. Now with this herbalism nerf, it's even more tedious.
Edited by Sweatpants on 11/29/2012 11:52 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Sweatpants

Yeah this really sucks :/ I wish they would have some foresight for the future instead of making short-overhanded decisions. The only thing this nerf is going to actual prevent is normal people from leveling skills and professions.

Not only that but make the prices for the hebs on the AH go up...More time spent farming them...more cost passed to the good players who use them
Community Manager
Update: I spoke too soon. I'll have more information for you soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To clarify, there wasn't an intentional reduction in the number of herb spawns. We're investigating the situation now.

11/28/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Sweatpants
What the hell is up with this nerf? I've been flying around Briny Muck for around 30 minutes and I've found maybe 10 nodes, and that's 10x more than I found in dread wastes.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/29/2012 3:30 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
To clarify, there wasn't an intentional reduction in the number of herb spawns. We're investigating the situation now.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
94 Tauren Warrior
11/29/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Daxxarri

Thank you for addressing this, Daxx.
90 Goblin Warrior
Thank you for looking in to this. It has been like this for a couple days now.

That is good news. Im glad it was not intentionally done due to bots or economic cost control. Not to sound impatient, but is there an ETA on the fix, and will it be hotfixed or done on a weekly reset? Again, thank you for letting us know.
100 Tauren Druid
Thank you for the reply!
91 Tauren Druid

Does that mean that there shouldn't have been any nerf at all, or that only other variables were nerfed (such as respawn rate)?
90 Night Elf Druid

Hooray! Thanks for the update. I actually enjoyed gathering before, and it's just been so disappointing to not even be able to farm up enough to make a Darkmoon card :(
90 Human Paladin
Sweet!!!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]