Herb Nerf?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please try to get this fixed before DMF ends, I need to come up with enough inks for ~40 cards and with the current spawn rate of Fool's Cap...yeah.
90 Troll Shaman
The nerf seems to be local to Briny Muck (and Dread Wastes possibly) but not global as Valley of the Four Winds is still an herbing bonanza. I might recommend to those folks with card farms taking a wander out there (I realize it's 10 stacks of subpar milling herbs vs 6.25 Fool's Cap stacks per card, but still).
Edited by Catharsis on 11/29/2012 12:57 PM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
To clarify, there wasn't an intentional reduction in the number of herb spawns. We're investigating the situation now.

What the hell is up with this nerf? I've been flying around Briny Muck for around 30 minutes and I've found maybe 10 nodes, and that's 10x more than I found in dread wastes.

woo!
Community Manager
Update: I spoke too soon. I'll have more information for you soon.
90 Draenei Hunter
11/29/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Daxxarri

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
90 Draenei Hunter

I can cite so many examples of this, it's starting to get ridiculous.

Cool, let's hear them.
90 Troll Warrior
This is horrible ! I couldn't even get a whole stack of fool's cap at all, even after much farming. And I needed Fool's Cap to make my strength potions so I couldn't just gather another herb. Sucky , sucky move Blizzard.
90 Worgen Warlock
11/29/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Kyrthae

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I lol'd
90 Troll Warrior
11/29/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Taiylia
Futile attempt to curb the botting, nerfing legit players farming.

Blizzard absolutely LOVES to punish innocent players.
It seems to be their main goal.

Oh for the love of...stop blaming everything on bots!

I wouldn't be surprised if node rates were nerfed again simply because they were RIDICULOUS at launch and remained incredibly plentiful even AFTER they nerfed spawn rates.
90 Draenei Shaman
Farmer Rekrap at your service! What would you like?* Herbs, ore, enchanting, cloth, many other items to choose from.

*disclaimer only 16 nodes per day so don't be greedy, alt currently has 12.
90 Human Warrior

Blizzard absolutely LOVES to punish innocent players.
It seems to be their main goal.

Oh for the love of...stop blaming everything on bots!

I wouldn't be surprised if node rates were nerfed again simply because they were RIDICULOUS at launch and remained incredibly plentiful even AFTER they nerfed spawn rates.

Sure, they deserved a nerf. But NOT to this magnitude! I'm so beyond frustrated with getting 10 stacks of fool's cap an hour, it's not even funny.
Edited by Sweatpants on 11/29/2012 1:14 PM PST
90 Draenei Hunter
The funny part is, Blizzard hasn't addressed this at all yet. The idea that it was done to stop bots is something players came up with on their own and treat as a gospel truth without any evidence outside their own biases.
85 Gnome Rogue
I think the reason for the ton of spawns at the the start was to accommodate CRZs when they become active in Panda Land.
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Sokiie
I think the reason for the ton of spawns at the the start was to accommodate CRZs when they become active in Panda Land.

Well what has changed?
85 Gnome Rogue
11/29/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Sweatpants

Well what has changed?

Likely didn't intend for as many nodes to be active yet.
22 Gnome Warrior
Bank tab full of herbs here just waiting for those AH prices to go through the roof.
90 Draenei Death Knight
I love how they had time to nerf the node spawns in Pandaria, but couldn't be bothered to address Outland.
90 Human Warrior
Did they intend for it to be this scarce, then? This is beyond ridiculous.
90 Draenei Hunter
I think it's more likely they wanted to avoid a repeat of the beginning of Cata when nodes were too few and there was heavy competition for them. Ditto the cloth that rained on our toons the first six weeks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]