Herb Nerf?

85 Gnome Rogue
11/29/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Sweatpants
Did they intend for it to be this scarce, then? This is beyond ridiculous.

Well to be fair I did manage to get my inscriptionist to 600 before I got him to lvl86 lol
11/29/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Update: I spoke too soon. I'll have more information for you soon.

Thanks Dax - hope you'll have an explanation of why the change was made, in addition to what the specific change was.
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Sokiie
Did they intend for it to be this scarce, then? This is beyond ridiculous.

Well to be fair I did manage to get my inscriptionist to 600 before I got him to lvl86 lol

Well that's great for you, but what about all the people trying to level it now? Are they just going to sit there and wait for the 10 nodes in a zone to respawn?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
oh thank you so much, i was so confused!
84 Orc Warrior
So is the intention to have botters selling herbs for 300g a stack instead of 20g? If so thats a great change.
90 Human Warlock
On the bright side, we are now free to call Blizzard employees Herb Nerfers.
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Silmarillia

Yep, this is the only positive to come out from this situation :S
90 Tauren Druid
Just hoping to hear "Hey sorry guys, this was an unintended bug, we'll fix it in the next server restart" and not "Yes, this was completely intended and working fine because we know you like grinding for hours" :/
90 Draenei Mage
I am going to assume since they made golden lotus a piggy back herb instead of a rare spawn stand alone, they nerfed the amount of herbs, which I thought was a huge abundance to begin with, compared to other expansions, to balance it all out.
90 Tauren Druid
I just wish that (assuming this is entirely intended) they would have given us a heads up.
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Tepiny
I am going to assume since they made golden lotus a piggy back herb instead of a rare spawn stand alone, they nerfed the amount of herbs, which I thought was a huge abundance to begin with, compared to other expansions, to balance it all out.

I really hope this isn't the case, since Golden Lotus is only used in alchemy. Us inscriptionists will be left out in the cold.
90 Human Paladin
Can't say I'm surprised. I seem to recall it being mentioned in one of the early threads about the fast node spawn rate that it was going to be temporary and that it would eventually be nerfed.
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Aeslyn
Can't say I'm surprised. I seem to recall it being mentioned in one of the early threads about the fast node spawn rate that it was going to be temporary and that it would eventually be nerfed.

Nerfed into the ground**
Fixed that for you.
90 Pandaren Monk
I haven't been on to check and see how much the difference is for nodes, however I am kind of scared. I am going to be a sad panda once I see how bad it is based off the previous comments!
90 Undead Rogue
11/29/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Aeslyn

Why can't they figure out a way to make the respawn rate adjust itself based on how many people are gathering a given resource within each zone?

I know that's not a trivial amount of programming, but it is possible, they've accomplished some neat things before, and this would help with all sorts of problems.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Silmarillia

It's like a dyslexic Alderaanian insult!

Player: "Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking herb-nerfer!"
Blizz: "Who's scruffy-looking?"
90 Pandaren Monk
LOL nice one Hallelujah
90 Tauren Druid
After farming for hours on end just to get a measly 200 herbs, I can say that if this is intentional, it does indeed suck badly. Going to take forever just to get mats to my inscriptionist AND still have some for my Alchemist. Major suckage.

I can also say that Golden Lotus now piggybacks on other herbs AND is still found as a rarespawn herb by itself. I herbed about 3 GL's by itself and got around 4 piggybacks.
90 Human Warrior
If the herbs really are nerfed, where will I get green jade tea to feed to my pet gnome?
EDIT: I really don't think adding golden lotus to the drop table of more common nodes will help players earn more gold, in fact the price of golden lotus will only drop significantly lower than it already is. The mote of harmony-GL nerf won't help at all, either.
Edited by Sweatpants on 11/29/2012 1:58 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]