Herb Nerf?

100 Goblin Rogue
If this was done to fight the bots, I think they went the wrong way. I'd rather see gathered resources so abundant that it has virtually no value than have it so scarce, only the hardcore farmers ever have an ample supply.

I have a few gatherer only toons, and I might see my profits from them die out, but I would rather that and have my alts be easily able to get enough resource to level their crafting than see materials become so scarce that it raises the price of everything on the AH, both raw mats and crafted goods, to prohibitive levels.

I have many alts and every profession covered between them all, but for those who have only a few and need to rely on the AH more, this is only going to hurt them and probably increase the bots profits
100 Tauren Death Knight
So instead of paying 20g/stack for botted ore, we'll be paying 100g/stack for botted ore.

Oh. Okay.
Edited by Weetzie on 11/29/2012 2:04 PM PST
90 Draenei Hunter
This might seem obvious, but if there intention was to nerf gatherer nodes why only Herbs? I haven't checked into ore nodes but it seemed to have been unchanged from my flyovers...

Bizarre.

I feel some Darth Vader music may be needed....
90 Human Warrior
This might seem obvious, but if there intention was to nerf gatherer nodes why only Herbs? I haven't checked into ore nodes but it seemed to have been unchanged from my flyovers...

Bizarre.

Yeah, according to some of my friends ores have been untouched. Seems kind of ridiculous :S
100 Night Elf Druid
Spoke too soon? So this was intentional?

Ah well, time to list my Fool's Cap stacks for 500g, I guess.
36 Pandaren Hunter
Why nerf herb nodes? It's already impossible to actually farm the lotus why take away our ability to make some potions here and there as well.
90 Troll Shaman
Please don't tell me you are surprised that Blizzard nerfed spawn rates on the only gathering items in the game that are not so slow to gather you want to pull your eyes out and not tell anyone they did it?

Welcome to the impossible feat of making darkmoon cards, combating bots to get enough herbs to do it will be impossible now. Just what i was looking forward to, farming for 12 hours to make one card. Isn't that how everyone wants to spend their game time playing?

Bizarre.

Yeah, according to some of my friends ores have been untouched. Seems kind of ridiculous :S

IDK. I have been hearing the same about ore, and supplies have been drying up on that as well. And they even made some previous skinable mobs no longer skinable for skinning.

So, I think it is all gathering professions that were reduced.
1 Blood Elf Paladin
To clarify, there wasn't an intentional reduction in the number of herb spawns. We're investigating the situation now.

Update: I spoke too soon. I'll have more information for you soon.

I would like to add that there's a high possibility that a lot of other stuff had a reduction too. I mainly see a high difference on the spawn of the "Dark Soil", and also a difference on procs from professions, like alchemy transmutation. This might be a coincidence, but it gets more and more noticeable to me.
88 Night Elf Druid

IDK. I have been hearing the same about ore, and supplies have been drying up on that as well. And they even made some previous skinable mobs no longer skinable for skinning.

I wonder if they intend to gradully phase out gathering professions altogether? Then what? vendors selling 1 stack of green tea leaf for 1 SoH??
90 Human Warrior

I wonder if they intend to gradully phase out gathering professions altogether? Then what? vendors selling 1 stack of green tea leaf for 1 SoH??

Or maybe they're taking the Jagex route and preparing to start selling chances at winning gold. Or just selling gold outright.
20 Goblin Shaman
Been farming for 45 min now, 12 fools cap.... Working as intended.

Is Oz making all the decisions on a whim, or is it a thought out process ?

You mine as well forget about potions, Just delete them from the game. Or maybe set up 25 man raids to farm herbs 3 hours a night 3 times a week ><
90 Human Warrior
Or maybe set up 25 man raids to farm herbs 3 hours a night 3 times a week ><

You know, that could actually be fun if the rates didn't suck so bad. Just not for 3 hours a night, lol.
90 Troll Shaman

Followed by SoH being purchasable from the online store....
90 Troll Warrior
The difference between herbs and other farmed mats is, that it doesn't take 16-20 stacks of ore to keep a raid buffed for 3 hours. I'm sure I'm not alone in being the principal herb farmer for a raid team. This nerf isn't catastrophic, but it sure is a poorly thought out, dirty trick.

Trot.
90 Troll Shaman
Guys, read the second part of his post. He spoke to soon and is looking into it. Meaning - yes they DID Ninja nerf spawns and not announce it to the players.
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Cheap
Guys, read the second part of his post. He spoke to soon and is looking into it. Meaning - yes they DID Ninja nerf spawns and not announce it to the players.

Yep, I would be very surprised if he did update at all.
90 Human Paladin
The difference between herbs and other farmed mats is, that it doesn't take 16-20 stacks of ore to keep a raid buffed for 3 hours. I'm sure I'm not alone in being the principal herb farmer for a raid team. This nerf isn't catastrophic, but it sure is a poorly thought out, dirty trick.

Trot.

Yeah, it's the end users that are going to get hit by the price increases everyone else is just going to pass them on. I expect complaints are going to skyrocket next Tuesday when raiders finally clue in.
90 Troll Warrior
The unfortunate thing is, Daxxarri talked about it. This is historically a no-no. The First Rule of Herb Nerf is: "You don't talk about Herb Nerf".

Seemed like a decent person, too. Shame, that..

Trot.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]