Herb Nerf?

90 Worgen Hunter
And then there are all the CRZ farmers that have come to my realm to farm nodes and then carry them back to their AH to sell. it is now almost impossible to make raid buff foods now.
100 Human Mage
I'm still seeing as many spawns as before.
but then our server is med-low pop.

However i'm not sure if people are aware, but while there is less herb spawns, Golden lotus are now being herbed from normal herbs like Green Tea.

I've gotten more golden lotus in 1hr today then have the whole Xpac
Edited by Njalstorm on 11/29/2012 9:50 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Henryworgan
And then there are all the CRZ farmers that have come to my realm to farm nodes and then carry them back to their AH to sell. it is now almost impossible to make raid buff foods now.

Yes exactly. This magnitude of a nerf is only made 1000x worse by the introduction of CRZ farming. It's worrisome that the devs think this was the best possible idea to combat whatever it is they wanted to combat.
93 Undead Rogue
If herbs spawns were nerfed... GOOD! I hit 600 at 86, in first zone, only collecting nodes I saw on mini map while questing. They shoulda never put Sha touched herbs in the first zone.

I can't even tell how many times I gathered a node, mounted up, turned around to ride away, and saw the same node had spawned again. 134 days /played on this toon and I'd NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT.

Out of balance is out of balance. If they didn't nerf spawns, I hope they do. I still see LOTS. Nothing like flying 4x around Twilight Highlands during Cat, and getting half a stack in 20 min....
Edited by Jamalia on 11/29/2012 2:50 PM PST
Idc about bots, I need the herbs to make flask and potions and i'm not paying for them when i should be out there farming them! Fix the herb issue and let us worry about IF we run into a bot. People do have raids to get to
90 Human Warrior
If herbs spawns were nerfed... GOOD! I hit 600 at 86, in first zone, only collecting nodes I saw on mini map while questing. They shoulda never put Sha touched herbs in the first zone.

I can't even tell how many times I gathered a node, mounted up, turned around to ride away, and saw the same node had spawned again. 134 days /played on this toon and I'd NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT.

Out of balance is out of balance. If they didn't nerf spawns, I hope they do. I still see LOTS. Nothing like flying 4x around Twilight Highlands during Cat, and getting half a stack in 20 min....

Go to dread wastes for a few hours, and tell me how much fool's cap you get.
Edited by Sweatpants on 11/29/2012 2:55 PM PST
90 Orc Rogue
Blizz does stuff because raisins.

Those of you who don't even work there speculating just really amuses me, really. It's fun pretending to know what the f though rite?
10 Troll Warlock
11/29/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Update: I spoke too soon. I'll have more information for you soon.
I appreciate that you are looking into this for us. Thank you.
90 Human Warrior
Blizz does stuff because raisins.

Those of you who don't even work there speculating just really amuses me, really. It's fun pretending to know what the f though rite?

It's also fun to spend four hours a night grinding so you can earn some gold, only to find out that either some idiot messed up the values of spawn times or they intentionally ultranerfed herb nodes.
100 Tauren Druid
Thank goodness I got the last card I needed for my Cranes deck last night. I can't even imagine what they will be going for once the fair opens.
90 Dwarf Priest
11/29/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Looks like there was an intended change after all. If this nerf is to punish botters than it is way too broad as it actually hurts the casual player more...

I hope Im wrong
Edited by Zaratustra on 11/29/2012 3:10 PM PST
90 Orc Rogue
It's also fun to spend four hours a night grinding so you can earn some gold, only to find out that either some idiot messed up the values of spawn times or they intentionally ultranerfed herb nodes.

boo freakity hoo

get over yourself.
Edited by Streppy on 11/29/2012 3:11 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
To clarify, there wasn't an intentional reduction in the number of herb spawns. We're investigating the situation now.

Does that mean you guys don't get the full list of 5.1 changes either?
90 Troll Druid
11/29/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Zaratustra

Looks like there was an intended change after all. If this nerf is to punish botters than it is way too broad as it actually hurts the casual player more...

I hope Im wrong

Daxx already stated previously that it wasn't intented for the spawns of the Herbs to be nerfed. I'm glad they were nerfed, but I'd not like them to be nerfed that bad. AH is STILL flooded on my realm, so they can take their time fixing this bug, I'm still having a hard time making any gold right now, with 50g/stack snow lilys & lower for most herbs.. >_>

how bad is ur fools cap? i got 8 stacks on my druid in 15 mins
90 Human Warrior

how bad is ur fools cap? i got 8 stacks on my druid in 15 mins

My fool's cap was terrible when I was doing it. Where were you grinding at?
90 Draenei Death Knight
In my normal Cap farming route, I'd get about one to two stacks in the entire loop. In the pass I just made, I got one half of one stack.

Even with the "abundance" of herb nodes, every time we had a Darkmoon Faire the AH would be emptied of herbs from Inscriptionists making decks. There was a decent supply and even then the demand was higher.

This is bad. If this really truly is an effort to combat bots, the person at Blizzard who came up with this needs lined up and shot with a flower-painted gun.

Though, have to say, completely not surprised. Yet another in a long string of "How do we anger our customers today?" decisions by Bliz. If they are working to push us towards other games, they're doing an awesome job of it.
100 Pandaren Warrior
Im about to finally level my mining. did they nerf the metal too?
90 Human Paladin
KoT
Glad I'm stocked up on flasks/potions/etc... Prices are going to skyrocket if these rates stay the same.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]