Herb Nerf?

93 Undead Rogue
11/29/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Sweatpants
Go to dread wastes for a few hours, and tell me how much fool's cap you get.

Just zoned in, got 24 fools cap in 4 MINUTES. Silly, way too much.

edit: stacks going for about 150g on my realm. Lets say it took me 5 min. I can make about 1800 g per hour here.

edit 2: med pop realm

edit 3: One node respawned after I mounted up, lol.
Edited by Jamalia on 11/29/2012 3:46 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Tamotsu
Im about to finally level my mining. did they nerf the metal too?

It seems as if there was a nerf to ghost iron ore spawns, but no where near as extreme as the nerf to herb nodes.
100 Night Elf Druid
11/29/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Update: I spoke too soon. I'll have more information for you soon.

Any ETA on this one? I generally have about an hour a day to get my raid consumables for the day...so enough motes for 2 spirits worth of lotus (used to be 1 spirit), a stack of fish, a stack of low drop rate meat, and two stacks worth of pots.

With this spawn rate on herbs it took me 2k gold to ah what I needed for the night and another 3 hours after raid to cover 2 nights of raid consumables.

The herb rate was probably too high before, but it was absolutely perfect when you consider that every decent raid food takes multiple items with either growth or low drop rates included in the process. I don't even look at dailies most days even though I have tons of daily quest achieves to still work on because of the amount of work into even supply just myself with pots and flasks.
93 Undead Rogue
I'm not saying more herb spawns aren't needed this expansion to fuel profs. Alchs have to make every flask (no cauldrons) and I have no idea about scribes (I give my 'extras' to guildie scribes). I've just never seen herbs spawn like they do in MOP, and only mop zones. I can't find this spawn rate in pre mop zones.

I'm getting so many, I don't see any difference. This may not be the case in higher pop realms, idk, but it's a lot. I've /played this toon 134 days. I've never had so many herbs.

edit: I swear I'm not making my numbers up. IDK if different realms are functioning the same, just my personal, statistically insignificant (by itself), experience. One data point of many....
Edited by Jamalia on 11/29/2012 4:05 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
I'm not saying more herb spawns aren't needed this expansion to fuel profs. Alchs have to make every flask (no cauldrons) and I have no idea about scribes (I give my 'extras' to guildie scribes). I've just never seen herbs spawn like they do in MOP, and only mop zones. I can't find this spawn rate in pre mop zones.

I'm getting so many, I don't see any difference. This may not be the case in higher pop realms, idk, but it's a lot. I've /played this toon 134 days. I've never had so many herbs.

I play a scribe and let me tell you first hand, it's not good. I used to make around 10k per night selling inks and enchants, and that was enough to keep me going and well geared. Now, I'm surprised if I even make 600g an hour, due to how low the spawn rates are. The prices on inks and other herbalism things have not risen on my server, not at all. In fact, they've FELL more than 300g from two days ago, down to 600g for 10 starlight inks.
93 Undead Rogue
I don't gloat at your misfortune.

: /

edit: It may be that high spawn rates are needed, I'm just used to what I know. Sorry If I seem like a prick.
Edited by Jamalia on 11/29/2012 4:08 PM PST
90 Dwarf Shaman
You now only get 2 Golden Lotus for one Spirit of Harmony from the SoH vendor as well. Blizzard clearly hates alchemists. Deservedly. We are pure evil.
Edited by Luvbacon on 11/29/2012 4:10 PM PST
I was farming a herb bag full of Snow lily or Fool's cap in a little over an hour even with alot of bots on my server its medium pop after tuesdays maint 5.1 launch i went farming for about an hour on my pally i gathered 7 fool's cap and 3 green tea leaf in townlong steppes around the swamp area and not a single snow lily in summit unless i wanted to go into the underground cave/hallway areas i put a ticket in right then about nodes and got a generic answer of maybe the spawns rate was nerfed with the patch and i should consult with my fellow herbalists and see if they have the same experince TY for contacting Blizzard CS

Norracles Customer Service Representative

Greetings,I appreciate your patience while we work to address this account issue.Its possible the nodes have been adjusted in the recent patch. Do your fellow herbalists notice the same change that you do?Safe Travels,Game Master Norracles Blizzard Entertainment this was the exact response not very helpful I mean why say possible it either was or it wasnt if it was it shouldnt be big secret it should have been in patch notes
Edited by Ookdooker on 11/29/2012 4:13 PM PST
90 Human Warrior

edit: It may be that high spawn rates are needed, I'm just used to what I know. Sorry If I seem like a prick.

No it's understandable. I was blown away at the amount of herbs at first, too. But for some reason they took that huge, huge number and instead of nerfing it considerably, they nerfed it into the ground (at least on my server). I'll update with an hour and a half of fool's cap to see if there is any difference.
90 Human Warrior
I talked to a GM and basically got the same response.
18 Gnome Warlock
11/29/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Kyrthae
I think it's more likely they wanted to avoid a repeat of the beginning of Cata when nodes were too few and there was heavy competition for them. Ditto the cloth that rained on our toons the first six weeks.

Except the elementium was flowing so much in Deepholme that they pretty much removed it after week 2. I remember circling the outer edge for hours filling up on 1000s or elementium and making a fortune then after a restart maybe 3 nodes a pass.
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes, the spawn rate has been nerfed considerably on Silver Hand. I herb almost every day and it is quite noticeable.

Further, golden lotus are no longer a separate spawn; they now drop from regular herb nodes.

edited: delete content which I was wrong about.
Edited by Elnia on 11/29/2012 5:02 PM PST
18 Gnome Warlock

No it's understandable. I was blown away at the amount of herbs at first, too. But for some reason they took that huge, huge number and instead of nerfing it considerably, they nerfed it into the ground (at least on my server). I'll update with an hour and a half of fool's cap to see if there is any difference.

There was just as many ore nodes as there were herbs and the ore is still all over. I look forward to see what the deal is.
100 Tauren Druid
been 3 1/2 hours since we were told there would be an update. Where is said update?
90 Human Warrior
I don't know how this would combat bots for this reason:

Normal WoW Player: Stares at minimap looking for nodes, finds a node, moves to it and picks it. Travels in one direction most of the time, using (honestly) sloppy routes and random turns.

Bot: Uses an array of predetermined locations of nodes to get there efficently and quickly and get the node. This usually results in the bot getting more nodes per hour than the normal WoW player.
90 Draenei Mage
All I can say is: This had better have been UNintentional. <taps herbalist's foot impatiently>
18 Gnome Warlock
I don't know how this would combat bots for this reason:

Normal WoW Player: Stares at minimap looking for nodes, finds a node, moves to it and picks it. Travels in one direction most of the time, using (honestly) sloppy routes and random turns.

Bot: Uses an array of predetermined locations of nodes to get there efficently and quickly and get the node. This usually results in the bot getting more nodes per hour than the normal WoW player.

Even so that shouldn't matter since a new node becomes available once one is looted so there is always a full zones worth of nodes. Yes they get more faster since they are on rails but without any addons and just looking at my minimap I am able to get 1000 an hour of hers or ore.
Edited by Tuberz on 11/29/2012 4:42 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, the spawn rate has been nerfed considerably on Silver Hand. I herb almost every day and it is quite noticeable.

Incredibly noticeable on my still-87 herbalist; I spent maybe 30 minutes tracking down the few herb spawns in Jade Forest, maybe 2 or 3 stacks' worth. Then waited. For an hour. Nothing respawned.

Further, golden lotus are no longer a separate spawn; they now drop from regular herb nodes.

AND YOU BASTARDS TOOK AWAY MY LUCK OF THE LOTUS BUFF.

Golden Lotus still spawns as a separate herb; in that run trying to find enough herbs for one Darkmoon card (!) I found not one, but TWO Golden Lotus nodes. Along with that, another two Golden Lotus dropped from Green Tea Leaf.

Luck of the Lotus still triggered on the actual Lotus plant spawns, but I'm not kidding when I say I killed every poor beast in sight and did not get one single drop in either buff period.

About to head out and do another herb run and see if the nerf is related to server population (I usually play in very low-pop hours). Guildies are saying they're respawning all over the place. My wasted two hours earlier says otherwise ;)
Edited by Audrena on 11/29/2012 4:47 PM PST
90 Draenei Death Knight

There's many things to consider here.

It's rather safe to assume the spawn rate has been nerfed. A blue commented on it, and from the looks of his edit one can assume the nerf was intentional, but the devs are working on how to spin the justification at the moment.

Your experience seems unchanged, but you also admitted you haven't really been herbing it up since launch. First of all, you're probably aware that spawn rates are influenced by zone population. When MoP launched, nodes were respawning immediately because the zones were jam-packed with warm bodies, and Blizz wanted to ensure there was enough for everyone.

While the spawn rate was still considerably good, it wasn't been the way it was that first week. Yeah, that was crazy, but there was a crazy amount of people in the zone, so there was a reason.

As for another reason you might not be seeing a difference, there's a decent chance you're the only one out there gathering at the moment. Many gatherers I know aren't bothering for the time being, in hopes that this is simply a bug.

You also have to take into account your sample size. You gathered for only a few minutes. That's not really enough evidence to make any conclusions. On Tuesday, one of my alts logged in right on top of a rare quality Giraffe Calf, but it wouldn't be accurate for me to say southern barrens is swarming with Giraffe Calves that are all rare quality.
Edited by Estre on 11/29/2012 4:46 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
35 minutes in and not even one single fool's cap node. I swear to Illidan Stormrage I haven't seen a single one.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]