Why is burst the one thing not nerfed?

55 Worgen Death Knight
All everyone wanted was for burst to be lowered. Sure Gag Order was OP, and you fixed a lot of stuff that really needed it, which players are thankful for. There are many good parts to 5.1

But you didn't fix the burst! The thing that 90% of cry threads on these forums are about and you didn't change it one bit. No Chaos Wave change, no Taste for Blood change, no Frost Bomb change, and many other abilities that are killing players in 1 or 2 globals.

In fact... YOU BUFFED IT! You added 10% PvP Power to the weapons! AND we can upgrade them 8 ilvls now?! I understand why, you didn't want PvE weapons to be better for PvP. But you can't throw more damage out there when it's already the big problem.

All 90% of PvP players wanted was for the few skills that deal too much damage to be lowered, and many were able to be fixed without touching PvE (ex. Mage Bomb spells not benefiting from Frost Mastery would have been a PERFECT change), as well as see sweeping buffs to the under-performing specs and classes, many of who were/are weak in PvE as well.

It was so easy, and you dropped the ball hard. I know I'm not a dev, but this feeling is widespread and fairly unanimous among all players. Class balance NEEDS to be handled better.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Eruza
All 90%
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Agreed. I'd love to see a 20-30% dmg nerf across the board, including my own class.

Chaining cooldowns to blow someone up before they blow you up is just stupid and bad game design.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/28/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Tashre
All 90%

This is taking words out of context. He didn't mean "every single but 90% of the players". "All they wanted was for..." is kind of what he was pushing at.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Because PVE ruins PVP
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Death Knight
11/28/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Tashre
All 90%
10% are delusional mages.

Unless you think you're pointing out a grammatical error. In which case you're easy to dismiss as pointless and possibly retarded.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Eruza
10% are delusional mages.

Unless you think you're pointing out a grammatical error. In which case you're easy to dismiss as pointless and possibly retarded.

All 100% of that comment was mostly 90% epic burn.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The PVP power buff was uneeded, IMO. Id rather get outplayed after a half hour long match than be insta destroyed by a pop everything=one shot macro.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Because short of buffing resil which apparently blizzard doesn't want to do again, the only way for them to lower burst is to nerf things that will have spillover in PVE. I guess they could adjust PVP power but honestly I don't even think it's part of the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Because some classes have more burst than others. Some classes just don't even have burst at all.

You can't just nerf burst, you have to look at the classes who are the major offenders of burst:

Warriors, BM Hunters, Ferals, Mages, Warlocks

DKs are borderline
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Fear is pretty strong atm. You create a gap while preventing the target from acting and you're able to do a substantial amount of damage before it breaks. They're super strong when you use them to set up a chaos bolt
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I agree with the OP. PvP is so stupid right now. I've earned about 3000 conquest since the expansion dropped just because I hate the way PvP is right now.

But, I have to address this:

Because some classes have more burst than others. Some classes just don't even have burst at all.

You can't just nerf burst, you have to look at the classes who are the major offenders of burst:

DKs are borderline

BM burst is gone. The Arena glitch is fixed, Lynx Rush is nerfed to the ground, and pets can be CC'd during Bestial Wrath. There is no more burst to be nerfed. All three specs are now terrible at both PvE and PvP. I do sincerely hope you don't expect more nerfs for us.
Edited by Krzysztof on 11/29/2012 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What changed that made hunters suddenly worse in pve?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Nothing changed, we already were. They byffed MM a fair bit (but it's still absolutely terrible) and gave us a 5% AP buff. It's a start, but not quite there yet.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199032964 for example.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
All everyone wanted was for burst to be lowered.

99% of us feel that the "90%" you claim want burst nerfed really are an extremely vocal MINORITY of less than 49.872%.
Edited by Scathbais on 11/29/2012 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

DKs are borderline

That's over half the classes in the game you realize.

In a world where healers can heal someone from 10% to full in a split second, the counter is burst.

Working as intended imo.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
But you didn't fix the burst! The thing that 90% of cry threads on these forums are about and you didn't change it one bit. No Chaos Wave change, no Taste for Blood change, no Frost Bomb change, and many other abilities that are killing players in 1 or 2 globals.

TfB now only stacks to 3 against players. It wasn't in the patch notes, but GC confirmed it on twitter.

edit: I figure 2 more expansions from now, every warrior abillity will have dual pvp/pve rule sets, lulz.
Edited by Necronom on 11/29/2012 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]