Why is burst the one thing not nerfed?

90 Draenei Paladin
Because some classes have more burst than others. Some classes just don't even have burst at all.

You can't just nerf burst, you have to look at the classes who are the major offenders of burst:

Warriors, BM Hunters, Ferals, Mages, Warlocks

DKs are borderline

That's over half the classes in the game you realize.

In a world where healers can heal someone from 10% to full in a split second, the counter is burst.

Working as intended imo.

But that has got to be the worst game design philosophy I've ever seen. How is it fun to be ping ponging between 1% and 100%?

What ever happened to the "wounded state" ideal that was intended for PvP in Cataclysm??
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Burst is needed. A few abilities may be over the top, but they are going under the knife. A lot of the complaints about burst are made by people who do not pay attention or slow to react. People need to learn more than the class they are playing. You need to learn the class you are playing against. If someone asked me would needed to be looked at in pvp? I would say shadow priest off healing and resto Druid utility.
Edited by Avatarroku on 11/29/2012 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Cap damage in pvp for the love of elune ..pve can still do 1million hits, but cap everyones damage in pvp
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I think they should just give the classes that don't have them a nice burst. *coughcoughmonkcoughcough.*

But I spent a good 4 hours yesterday Pvping in pve gear with a class that supposedly sucks, and I still managed top 3 damage in almost every random. I can see in rated, how a burst or a burst counter would be nice, but the system isn't completely broken.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/29/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Toxarís
Cap damage in pvp for the love of elune ..pve can still do 1million hits, but cap everyones damage in pvp

They did on beta by raising resilience. Healers were almost immortal. You can't touch damage without reducing healing.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
They did on beta by raising resilience. Healers were almost immortal. You can't touch damage without reducing healing.

This.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Because some classes have more burst than others. Some classes just don't even have burst at all.

You can't just nerf burst, you have to look at the classes who are the major offenders of burst:

Warriors, BM Hunters, Ferals, Mages, Warlocks

DKs are borderline

BM Hunters, DKs, and Ferals are fine. Feral isn't overpowered because of damage.

The only classes doing to much burst is Warriors, mages and warlocks.

Agreed. I'd love to see a 20-30% dmg nerf across the board, including my own class.

Chaining cooldowns to blow someone up before they blow you up is just stupid and bad game design.

Lol a 20-30% damage nerf across the board to everyone would make mages/locks/warriors even more powerful because some dps specs would no longer be viable. Healers would go back to being immortal. You wouldn't be able to kill them without a 20sec CC chain.

Damage is fine except for three classes that are clearly overpowered.
Edited by Primiez on 11/29/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]