Don't Daily December

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Other sources of acquisition are no different than reputation as far as being a source is concerned. They are all "gated" behind something if you will. Whether it be materials produced by said profession, required by it, a reputation, or one of those examples I gave, such as boss drops, zones drop, etcetera.

Timbermaw Hold had two sources: Killing furbolgs, and turning in drops from those furbolgs that were BoP. So, really, only one, just a stacking source.

And hey, they have more recipes than the August Celestials!

Now, if you wish to complain about Shado-Pan or August Celestials being blocked behind Golden Lotus, I'm all for that changing, maybe being unlocked by an epic quest or something that shows you're a somewhat competent 90 that has made the effort to not be in ilvl <400 garbage. It can be a lore party for all the rp-happy folks, and give cinematics and shiny things for all the instant gratification junkies who want their reputations and want them now but don't want to call J.G. Wentworth.

Timbermaw Hold doesn't have end game recipes and at least it did have two sources not just one.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
11/29/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Saraphina
While technically you are a player in that you play the game, your opinion and the way you voice it is your job.

Hold up...

Let's get one thing straight. Sure, I work for Blizzard so you can accuse me of bias. But my opinions about the game aren't owned or operated by Blizzard, nor is it the development team's job to dictate to me what my opinions should be. I form my opinions about gameplay the same way as everyone else, though certainly inside info does shape them to a degree (almost always in a positive way like, "OMG, early patch 5.2 design is looking mind blowing!").

As far as enjoying the monotonous dailies the more you do them, I have absolutely no idea how that is possible. Every time I do one daily I feel my blood pressure rise along with my anger at the devs, CM's and people who defend the boring dailies.

Playing off of what I said above, I'll tell you how it's possible. We're discussing subjective elements of what is or isn't fun in a video game.

You and I disagree, and that's okay. But at least I acknowledge that your opinion of dailies is "possible" and understandable. In return it seems you're suggesting that the reason I have the opinion I do is that it's not my own -- that it was somehow force-fed to me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/29/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Tazror
You're on your way to recovery and seeing the game in the ideal light. As a game LOL. ;) You may even enjoy the things you didn't like before, or at least not mind them in a negative light.

Yea, I burned myself out trying to do too much at once for way too long (since mid-Cata). Now it's "So what if Shado-Pan and Klaxxi aren't to exalted yet?" I'll get them there eventually...maybe lol. I find myself online playing less now than I was while I was still working, and that doesn't bother me....It's just a game, and it's going to be here whether I log in or not for a few days. Real Life is always gonna win out over anything on the computer anyway ;)

I'd high-five you or give ya a good ol' pat on the back if I could.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

How immature.

lol.

And it keeps going.

AND KNITTING AND KNITTING AND KNITTING

You seem like you really enjoy knitting, Mr Skull.

Is that where you got those fashionable skull clothes from?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Zarhym
While technically you are a player in that you play the game, your opinion and the way you voice it is your job.

Hold up...

Let's get one thing straight. Sure, I work for Blizzard so you can accuse me of bias. But my opinions about the game aren't owned or operated by Blizzard, nor is it the development team's job to dictate to me what my opinions should be. I form my opinions about gameplay the same way as everyone else, though certainly inside info does shape them to a degree (almost always in a positive way like, "OMG, early patch 5.2 design is looking mind blowing!").

As far as enjoying the monotonous dailies the more you do them, I have absolutely no idea how that is possible. Every time I do one daily I feel my blood pressure rise along with my anger at the devs, CM's and people who defend the boring dailies.

Playing off of what I said above, I'll tell you how it's possible. We're discussing subjective elements of what is or isn't fun in a video game.

You and I disagree, and that's okay. But at least I acknowledge that your opinion of dailies is "possible" and understandable. In return it seems you're suggesting that the reason I have the opinion I do is that it's not my own -- that it was somehow force-fed to me.

I guess I wasn't clear. Yes you have an opinion. Yes your opinion is yours. What I was saying is that how you portray your opinion is flavored by your employer. As far as acknowledging your opinion is possible, I do. I said I don't understand HOW it is possible.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
My problem is I have yet to see a blue come out and say, "we think dailies aren't fun for some people and we're looking into ways that people don't have to do them to enjoy certain aspects of the game."

I would like charms for raiding. I would like Valor Point (for, ugh, upgrading). But to get these I *must* do dailies. It's not fun and there is no 'choice'.

I already spend 4 nights a week raiding. I don't want to log in to do these other things. You should be able to reach your potential from gear 100% through raiding and raiding only. Dailies are silly and really burn me out.

You don't see PvPers doing dailies for their Conquest Points; they can get it all from their end-game (Arenas/RBGS). It's really not fair.
Edited by Dysheki on 11/29/2012 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Timbermaw Hold doesn't have end game recipes and at least it did have two sources not just one.

I forgot that there won't be any future patches and release is always the end of the game.

Because you know, craftables from Naxx content weren't replaced by those from Ulduar and weren't replaced by those from ToC, and those from ICC.

While I didn't play back in vanilla, and hunters have changed so much (no longer using mana and therefore int, etc), the only upgrades I see from Timbermaw Brawlers as far as these days, a craftable with revered from thorium brotherhood, drops from AQ20, AQ40, MC, BWL, and a piece from Ramparts. that can be worn while still level 60.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
11/29/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Zarhym
The more I did the Mists dailies, especially after hitting Revered with Golden Lotus -- that can be a little tedious -- the more I actually enjoyed them. I've never been a huge fan of daily quests, but I seriously like the Mists factions (and dailies) more than any before them. I think there's a nice variety in the setup of each faction's daily quests (i.e. Klaxxi buffs, Shado-Pan companion, etc.) that doesn't make it feel too redundant. This is particularly true since I tend to rotate through a couple of factions week to week.

My major complaint isn't so much that the dailies and rep grinds exist. I do feel they were a little too pressured on people, but that's not a big deal. I like(d) the factions, too. I liked most of the dailies, as well, but that doesn't mean I want to repeat them forever.

To me, the big deal is that there is no end to the dailies or other things that become more and more tedious or boring the more you do them. I don't particularly care for repetition of "easy stuff" unless I can do it at a pace or at a time that I feel the desire or the patience to do it. I stopped doing Shado-Pan and August Celestials at revered, while getting the rest to exalted. I will revisit Shado-Pan and August when I'm a little less burnt out on daily quests. There's no fundamental problem with dailies as they are.

There is, however, a problem with Valor Points being brought to the forefront like this. Currencies in this game aren't and never have been very fun, (and they never will be either) the entire VP system and especially the new upgrades system oozes "grind" and "forced" and honestly, the upgrade system is seriously depressing. Those dailies and random heroics and LFR that I want to eventually leave behind... because they are boring... I can no longer do that where I could before. The VP rewards system really needs to be re thought. The thought of farming 1000 VP every week ad infinitum ....... is really, really depressing, but I have to if I want to take part in the areas of the game I find enjoyable (heroic raiding). Why are you doing this to us? It's cruel.
Edited by Ashunera on 11/29/2012 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/29/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Manaaddicted
My challenge: Do the dailies you want to and don't do the ones you don't want to for the rest of the game's life.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/29/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Saraphina
I don't understand HOW it is possible.

Simple:

Different strokes for different folks.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I don't mind the dailies I just hate people taking my loot.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
B-but I like my dalies! They give me things to do when I ought to be doing dungeons.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I already enjoyed No Dailies November.

I don't win crap with coins so I don't care about them anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
11/29/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Eliil
I don't mind the dailies I just hate people taking my loot.

They took our loots.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight

No, thanks.

Yeah basically.

I have a legendary gem to get. Need to VP cap for the next six weeks :3, so I can not accept this challenge.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/29/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Eviloven
I'd high-five you or give ya a good ol' pat on the back if I could.

Either one would work.... Now if everyone else would see it the way we do lol
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
11/29/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Gunny
Why is it irrelevant? I'm a player too. :(

Irrelevant because you're paid to play as well as refrain from any actual criticism of the game. Nobody expects actual valid critique of any game related matter from a Blizzard employee. Everything is sunshine & daisies and if players aren't having fun they by God they simply aren't doing it right.

Thanks for letting me know the intricacies of how we operate over here at Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I love dailies, and you know why?

Because I don't force myself to consume every single bit of content as soon as possible. I do them as I please and this allows me to not get burnt out on them.

I may only be exalted with the Tillers and revered with the Golden Lotus and Klaxxi, but there is nothing wrong with that. Why eat through content so fast and then complain about there not being enough/being bored with it?

I've had no issue getting gear without getting exalted with every faction, it hasn't held me back from being able to play the game in any way. And I get to still enjoy doing the quests.
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
11/29/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Gnomeasaurus
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD

Your loss.

Don't want to experience content Blizzard has painstakingly created for us? Really, your loss.

I'll be playing the game, thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]