Don't Daily December

100 Undead Priest

They are not giving anyone anything. They are selling us a service. They did absolutely no more work creating a quest that is done more than once than if the quests were one time only. So, don't hand them a medal because they graced us with more repetitive nonsense to do while they collect a paycheck without doing any more work.

You need to stop drinking the kool-aid and get an opinion for yourself. They are an evil mega corp that is trying to fool us into thinking that one quest done 50 times is the same amount of content as 50 different quests.

But, on a positive note all the drones that love the daily quests got more of them down in kasarang.

As a side note I HATE DAILIES. They are the single worst thing in this game.

Then cancel your sub so you can rage harder against the machine you angsty idiot. You're paying them ~$15 a month and then crying crying crying about how they don't do anything for you and they're an "evil corporation." Don't like it, leave; at the very least, please shut up and stop drooling out inane hypocritical nonsense.

He didn't say that there's nothing he likes about the game, or other aspects of it that don't make it worthwhile for him to put up with the parts that he hates. Perhaps he really likes raiding, or doing BG's or pet battles or challenge dungeons. He said that dailies are the worst thing in this game. If there are aspects he enjoys enough to make him want to continue playing the game, then he will complain about the part he doesn't like. Which is dailies. That's not idiocy, that's rational. And he's right - there are far too may people who give credit for the daily quests as if doing the same quest a bunch of times is the same thing as a bunch of different quests. I, personally, enjoy doing regular quests and advancing the world for my character. I actually even like doing a new daily quest for the FIRST time. Reputation would have been a far more natural and fun mechanic if things were done as single quest chains, with reputation advancing based on the importance of what you were doing for the faction in the story.

For instance, rather than make some exalted with the Klaxxi because they do a lot of dailies over and over again, I'd have made it all one single quest chain that culminated with the attack on the Empress in Heart of Fear, and successfully killing her would make you exalted with the Klaxxi.

Of course, I would have been doing that since Vanilla. Why, in Vanilla, did the Zandalari not consider me Exalted for killing Hakkar - the Blood God they were focused on destroying and their whole reason for being there? Why did they only consider me Exalted when I brought them loads of bijous and coins?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
What strikes me as insanely funny is that the same people who are now demanding "options" to get rep in a different way are THE SAME PEOPLE who used to snark and insult other players for wanting options to get tier gear other than raiding.

Please, there was ALWAYS some content gated behind only one specific activity. The only way to get current PvP weapons is to do Arena/RBG. The only way to get heroic tier gear is to raid heroic modes. Everyone is fine with that, but when it comes to dailies, all the two-faced suckers are up in arms suddenly.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Hunter
I was once told that I didn't 'need' to do dailies because I didn't raid. I told them that I did dailies for the gear because I actually like to do them, and I love the look of badge gear.

Dailies provides and option for people, and some really great rewards. I'm even doing older dailies, from other expansions, so I can get some cool mounts and exalted achievements.

It's all about choice now, and we have so many choices. It's great!
Edited by Tharvon on 11/30/2012 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I was once told that I didn't 'need' to do dailies because I didn't raid. I told them that I did dailies for the gear because I actually like to do them, and I love the look of badge gear.

Dailies provides and option for people, and some really great rewards. I'm even doing older dailies, from other expansions, so I can get some cool mounts and exalted achievements.

It's all about choice now, and we have so many choices. It's great!

Yep. Entitled raiders think the game exists to cater to them. Try telling them that you want to have raid gear without raiding - they will eat you alive. But when it comes to having rep gear without questing - apparently it's fine.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
I'm already not doing dailies. I plant what I want and no one is the Boss of Me.

I geared up through tailoring, bartering, heroics and now am in LFR range.

After however many years of play, I decided I know what I like. Dailies are not it, pugs and PvP are, so I'm routing around the dailies and gearing up nicely.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I haven't done a daily since October, so not doing one in December won't kill me
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'm already not doing dailies. I plant what I want and no one is the Boss of Me.

I geared up through tailoring, bartering, heroics and now am in LFR range.

After however many years of play, I decided I know what I like. Dailies are not it, pugs and PvP are, so I'm routing around the dailies and gearing up nicely.

Oh but you can't! Because it's impossible! Didn't you hear? You can't gear without dailies. Stop doing the impossible please.
Reply Quote
51 Draenei Monk
I'll do dailies in December, however many and whenever I feel like.

Challenge unaccepted.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Playing off of what I said above, I'll tell you how it's possible. We're discussing subjective elements of what is or isn't fun in a video game.

You and I disagree, and that's okay. But at least I acknowledge that your opinion of dailies is "possible" and understandable. In return it seems you're suggesting that the reason I have the opinion I do is that it's not my own -- that it was somehow force-fed to me.

Force-fed, as in how we were force-fed the daily grind? o.O
I similarly don't like being force-fed your subjective enjoyment of the dailies.

Seriously, just let us play how we want to play. Remove the rep requirements on VP for crying out loud. Do that and I'll go back to my heroic dungeon grind so I can creep up to LFR. I'm not doing dailies because, like you, I have my own opinion of what is fun. Dailies are not fun to me :O
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Seriously, just let us play how we want to play. Remove the rep requirements on VP for crying out loud. Do that and I'll go back to my heroic dungeon grind so I can creep up to LFR. I'm not doing dailies because, like you, I have my own opinion of what is fun. Dailies are not fun to me :O

You can gear for LFR without doing dailies. Why do you feel entitled for a faction rep reward without actually taking time to get it?
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Gnomeasaurus
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD

Maybe if you did the dailies more then once, you wouldn't still be stuck at level 87
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
11/30/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Embral
You can gear for LFR without doing dailies. Why do you feel entitled for a faction rep reward without actually taking time to get it?

I lack the ilvl to get in LFR, so I must do heroics to get there.
But... I will not run heroics when I can't purchase anything with VP.

It's that^ simple.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/30/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Worannaid

It's that^ simple.

So you made your choice. Stop complaining about it and asking for shortcuts. You are not entitled to VP rewards without faction rep.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The daily's in MoP are unbearable to me personally i only done golden lotus a few times and I cant stand it already on top of that i don't recall req. valor + rep for items I had to get a rep requirement and a sum of gold and that was that in vanilla all the way to cata now there double dipping and i would rather have the previous expacks way of handling gear vs this one which puts a strong throttle on vender gear. It makes those of us who want to get stuff for all of our characters have to do things we really don't find interesting at all to progress into raids
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
11/30/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Embral
So you made your choice. Stop complaining about it and asking for shortcuts. You are not entitled to VP rewards without faction rep.

We used to be able to get them without rep. That is why I'm complaining.

Stop your megalomania.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Challenge accepted. ...I mean, I already did 'No dailies November' so what's another month.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I already don't do them but feel like I should lol.....doing them less is just not possible!!! I should do them every day in December to make up for my lack of doing them at all this whole time!!!

11/29/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Snowfox
I'm suddenly reminded of first-person shooters and the guy who goes "Everybody stop shooting for a sec!"... then pwns the noobs that do.

Bahahahahahaha!!!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
11/30/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Worannaid

It's that^ simple.

Like many, you're convinced you HAVE to do Dailies to get into LFR

this is TOTALLY not true

if you'd like, I'll re-post on a Shaman and a Monk that are BOTH just about to hit 470 ilvl and haven't done a SINGLE daily (except the Monk who went from showing someone how easy Cloud Serpent rep was to actually doing it Neutral - Exalted in the matter of a few hours)

(which will probably change now with rep increase token)

but again, you do NOT have to do Dailies to get a high enough ILVL for LFR.. don't use falsehoods to try to prove a statement.

11/30/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Embral
Yep. Entitled raiders think the game exists to cater to them. Try telling them that you want to have raid gear without raiding - they will eat you alive. But when it comes to having rep gear without questing - apparently it's fine.

you, my friend may marry my daughter...

i LMAO when i read that :)) oh so true

*sidenote, REAL raiders realize that they can improve their character with Dailies, so they suck it up and do them, weather they like it or not.. not sit on forums and try to QQ them away
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Please do so!

The fewer people out doing dailies, the faster the ones of us that choose to do them can get done without competition. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]