Don't Daily December

MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Priest
I have been waiting for 5.1 to continue mine...and you know what? I've still been naughty and have not done them. Too distracted with all the new pets. :)

I should get moving again. I really want to do the Karasang Wilds ones, at least. Maybe tonight! :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'd have to go out of my way to not do any, but I've def averaged less than 10 a week since launch.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I have been waiting for 5.1 to continue mine...and you know what? I've still been naughty and have not done them. Too distracted with all the new pets. :)

I should get moving again. I really want to do the Karasang Wilds ones, at least. Maybe tonight! :D

I'm judging you so hard right now.

DO IT! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/30/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Raziya
Too distracted with all the new pets. :)

Pets always come first.

Even if the drop rate is awful & the spirit tamers are making me pull out what is left of my hair in frustration...

I barely remember to Harvest Moon it up at the farm. I must collect more pets!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Well that escalated quickly....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
11/30/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Worannaid
You can gear for LFR without doing dailies. Why do you feel entitled for a faction rep reward without actually taking time to get it?

I lack the ilvl to get in LFR, so I must do heroics to get there.
But... I will not run heroics when I can't purchase anything with VP.

It's that^ simple.

Spend your VP on gear upgrades.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/30/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
My enjoyment of Mists of Pandaria has only increased over time, even with the few gripes I've had.

What then are your gripes if I may ask. It is only fair that you offer what ones you yourself had given that you have said you are free to make comments from the heart and not just mouthpiece like comments.

Dailies were never my favorite thing to do in game. However it used to feel like you could do a set of a dailies and then a different set the next day. I think the change of 25 dailies a day to unlimited dailies a day really adds to the whole feeling of "I have to do all of them". What harm would it really do to allow a BOA tabard purchasable at Revered that could get you to Exalted. At least it would give some incentive to those people that have daily gripes without completely conceding and be more Alt friendly as well. And I say this even though I literally hate dungeons and fall asleep in them every time so this would not be for me but for so many people that have had issues. I have had so many guildies and friends stop logging in and complain about dailies in chat when they do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The only problem I have is that valor gear is locked away behind the dailies. It just seems unneeded to me. You should be able to do the content you want to get the gear(the valor in this case). The valor itself should be the reward for dailies for gear, not the rep to actually buy it. That way you pick how you want to valor cap through scenarios, raiding, dungeons or dailies. Then you spend your points freely. The reputation factor is just absurd considering you don't have to do dungeons/raids/scenarios to unlock valor gear but you do have to do dailies for it. Just seems odd to me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior

Except Earthen Ring, and Guardians of Hyjal before 4.2, as was stated. You didn't address the point at all.

It was addressed. See the bold.

Hah....you, yourself, said the bolded part had nothing to do with the statement made. And then you said the Cata factions could be increased via dailies, which ER and GoH (pre-4.2) could not.

11/30/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Morrigahn
Further, the JP/VP/HP/CP upgrade system that came with 5.1 wasn't to address "poor game design" because it was originally planned for 5.0. It was simply delayed. You're looking for intent that isn't there.

If it was great game design, why the delay? Why was it not available immediately.
I can only judge by the actions of the people and their words. And again, if it's good game design then why do they change it. Even in this patch we see a wide variety of stealth nerfs that further limit the rewards given to players.

It was delayed because it wasn't finished, that's all.

Also, tabards allowed you to fill rep VERY quickly with no limit. While the commendations do speed up rep gain in MoP (but not initially which you seem to have forgotten), there is still a daily cap on reputation for most factions, and the exceptions offer significantly slower gains.

I noted in the quote you gave that the commendations were given to alts. Pay attention.

Yes, you noted it, but continue to ignore it as a counterpoint. Commendations mostly apply to alts. What you're asking for does not.
Reply Quote
On that note, to the people who outright refuse to pickup quests from a hub with blue exclamation points: you're missing out on some great story and awesome content at Domination Point and Lion's Landing. I think it's a mistake to write that off based on perception alone.

I'm guilty of being one of those people prior to Landfall, and it just felt far too tedious to work through dailies to be able to spend my Valor on gear upgrades. Instead, I ran Heroics and the Raid Finder and was able to gear up just find after hitting Honored with most of the factions. At 479, I'm pretty comfortable... and contrary to 'popular belief', I realized I didn't have to do dailies all the way to exalted or revered to feel competitive in a raid or dungeon environment. But with 5.1 out, the commendations are a huge seller for me to get back into trying to progress through dailies and the lore behind each faction.

Also, Domination Point and the story behind it after just 4 days (dailies, scenarios, world pvp, faction rares) has been the best experience I've had on my server since the Halaa days of Burning Crusade. You guys and your game... always finding a way to pull me back in! :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The dailies themselves don't suck, but the rate at which rep is handed out (before revered) does.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Look, I've typically shouted down the "dailies are mandatory" whiners ... but for one reason only -- they didn't take much effort and I was able to "get rid of them" quickly. I'd probably feel differently if I actually cared about maintaining an alt.

But let's be honest, questing is the lowest form of content. It is boring, repetitive and not challenging. Dailies, in and of themselves, are just a miserable lowlight in what is an otherwise impressive array of content in MoP. The raiding, challenge modes, brawler's guild, pet battles etc. have all been excellent. Dailies? Not so much.

I just totally disagree. Solo content has come such a long way since vanilla. There are many players out there and in this thread, like me, who enjoy approaching an area filled with quest objectives, looking for the most interesting and efficient ways of tackling those objectives.

You can easily get yourself in gameplay situations that, while maybe a lot shorter in length, are mechanically more interesting than several Raid Finder boss fights, and require more than just your best standard ability rotation. Hell, there are mobs out there that have nearly as many mechanics/abilities as some of the Raid Finder bosses.

But you can contrive all sorts of challenges in a similar manner. Did Athene need to box Diablo's ears while naked on MP10? Do you replace your pants with a fashionable but statistically ineffective loincloth because heroics are too easy? You're a creative dude, I'm sure you could come up with all sorts of ways to keep yourself entertained. It's great that you derive some enjoyment from blowing through your dailies in the most efficient way possible, but I submit to you that content itself needs to be compelling enough to stand on its own.

To that end, some of the suggestions I've seen to make this kind of content more attractive have been pretty decent. For instance, building in some flexibility such that the burden can be spread over the course a weekly reset might eliminate some of those "aww crap, didn't do them today ... man, why do I even bother" moments. I also submit that this might be less of an issue if the niche of players who like this form of content and the progression-minded players who are just picking the best path to prepare for raiding weren't jumbled into the same salad bowl. Like, the Pet Battle system is strong enough on its own to not require raid gear buried deep within it, right? Make factions/dailies equally compelling for completionists, pet/mount collectors, achievement hunters etc. If it's a good system, remove the crutch.

I won't belabor the point, you've been assaulted with feedback on dailies aplenty and I trust you're picking out the nuggets of feedback that might be useful amongst the see of vitriol.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
:(

Why is it irrelevant? I'm a player too. :(
No, your not. You're a robot created by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I find interesting this "omg dailies are so fun everyone is doing it" talk when there are no other alternatives to gain reputation and coins.

If you are that confident that the design of dailies are that fun and good, why not put reputation tarbards + lesser coins on random dungeons? If people keep grinding dailies after that then you can say with a straight face "our dailies design are solid". Otherwise it's just a moot point.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/30/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Gunny
This just comes across as a sad attempt to say, "See, I can say bad things about the game." Throw out a few key negatives like 'gripe' 'sympathized' and 'nostalgic' to get players to think that yes, a CM can be critical of a Blizzard product. Nobody expects you to say bad things. I don't go on Facebook and disagree with things my employer does - watch the news and see where that gets people. I think what gets to me, and probably others, about CMs is that they take every thing people complain about and try to spin it. In the end it comes across like "Hey, we're not going to change that for you. You're either doing it wrong or you need to play a different part of the game." That doesn't give you cred as one of the 'gamers who makes games' like Blizzard tries to paint you all.

I honestly don't care at all about furthering this segment of the discussion. I doubt there's anything I can say that wouldn't be better spoken at a brick wall, if the very nature of blue text carries with it, in your mind, nothing more than PR, CS, and marketing tactics.

If you want my honest opinion about what I don't like -- or what is mind numbing and frustrating -- it's being endlessly challenged by a crowd to prove that I'm a human being who's both a Blizzard employee and a big fan of this game, else my statements be all political maneuvering!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Did Zaryhm just say "hell"?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Different people play the game in different ways and some people, such as myself, actually enjoy doing dailies and working towards achieving exalted rep with a faction.

I've played since Vanilla and raided since early BC and at the end of Cata felt I wanted a break from raiding and too many dungeons. The dailies plus scenarios and the occasional heroic have provided an alternative means of gearing myself up while enjoying the many things to do in a leisurely, fun way.

It's great that there are mounts at exalted and I like it when the achievement of rep ends with something notable such as the challenging fight and epic necklace at the end of Golden Lotus and the journey into the underground chamber with the Klaxxis (best ending to achieving exalted ever!).

Many people hate doing dailies and I hope that Blizzard can find a balance in future xp's so that those of us who like dailies can continue to do as many as we want every day and get good gear from them, but those who don't can get gear in a way that they enjoy

One thing that would improve dailies is this. Some mobs have low drop rates and fairly slow respawns. Even I who enjoy dailies find it frustrating to be competing with a number of players for a few mobs that are unlikely to drop what I want. I can imagine how this makes the blood boil in people who don't like dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/30/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
This just comes across as a sad attempt to say, "See, I can say bad things about the game." Throw out a few key negatives like 'gripe' 'sympathized' and 'nostalgic' to get players to think that yes, a CM can be critical of a Blizzard product. Nobody expects you to say bad things. I don't go on Facebook and disagree with things my employer does - watch the news and see where that gets people. I think what gets to me, and probably others, about CMs is that they take every thing people complain about and try to spin it. In the end it comes across like "Hey, we're not going to change that for you. You're either doing it wrong or you need to play a different part of the game." That doesn't give you cred as one of the 'gamers who makes games' like Blizzard tries to paint you all.

I honestly don't care at all about furthering this segment of the discussion. I doubt there's anything I can say that wouldn't be better spoken at a brick wall, if the very nature of blue text carries with it, in your mind, nothing more than PR, CS, and marketing tactics.

If you want my honest opinion about what I don't like -- or what is mind numbing and frustrating -- it's being endlessly challenged by a crowd to prove that I'm a human being who's both a Blizzard employee and a big fan of this game, else my statements be all political maneuvering!

Sounding dangerously close to starting a Tseric. Please don't I like you. :D

On topic, not only have I been doing dailies and enjoying them since 5.1, I finished off my Pandaria loremaster chieve a few nights back. More gear makes it less tedious.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have enough elder charms to last me 3 months. and I don't need any gear from the quartermasters.

my reason for not doing daillies is valid. so I can sit in sw all day alt tabbed watching live streams of different games
Edited by Popeward on 11/30/2012 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]