Don't Daily December

90 Human Paladin
I honestly don't care at all about furthering this segment of the discussion. I doubt there's anything I can say that wouldn't be better spoken at a brick wall, if the very nature of blue text carries with it, in your mind, nothing more than PR, CS, and marketing tactics.

If you want my honest opinion about what I don't like -- or what is mind numbing and frustrating -- it's being endlessly challenged by a crowd to prove that I'm a human being who's both a Blizzard employee and a big fan of this game, else my statements be all political maneuvering!

That's all part of being a huge game developer/employee for the company. I think it's also based loosely off stereotypes that if you work in a big business like Blizzard, all you want to do is make profit for that company. You don't actually 'care' for the customers but keep them happy so that they stay with the business longer, hence more money.

Not saying your that type Zarhym, in fact I think you're the opposite. As for other people though.. you're on your own. :)
Edited by Maranson on 11/30/2012 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/30/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
it's being endlessly challenged by a crowd to prove that I'm a human being

You gave that up the moment you made a gnome, it's in the ToS.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/30/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Jujubiju
Did Zaryhm just say "hell"?

The result of an algorithm designed to establish my text as indistinguishable from the earthly "common" nomenclature. Did I succeed?

NEED INPUT. NO DISASSEMBLE.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm going to call you Number Five from now on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hai Zarhym.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The result of an algorithm designed to establish my text as indistinguishable from the earthly "common" nomenclature. Did I succeed?

We're commoners now?

So we can send in Robin Hood to steal your stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Did Zaryhm just say "hell"?

;)

But on a serious note, I personally quit doing dailies about 2 or 3 weeks back. I managed to stomach my way to GL honored, then decided I just didn't want to do them anymore. I had enough of dailies during BC and MF managed to bore me by the time I got to the third phase. I probably won't be doing them on my other girls.

I have my pet battles- I have something to keep me entertained.
Edited by Jujubiju on 11/30/2012 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

I just totally disagree. Solo content has come such a long way since vanilla. There are many players out there and in this thread, like me, who enjoy approaching an area filled with quest objectives, looking for the most interesting and efficient ways of tackling those objectives.

You can easily get yourself in gameplay situations that, while maybe a lot shorter in length, are mechanically more interesting than several Raid Finder boss fights, and require more than just your best standard ability rotation. Hell, there are mobs out there that have nearly as many mechanics/abilities as some of the Raid Finder bosses.

When I hit Revered with Golden Lotus I moved onto other factions while waiting for the 5.1 commendations to come out. My gear has improved quite a lot since I hit Revered and, when I went back to do Golden Lotus dailies last night, had more fun than usual pushing myself to be precise, ambitious, and ruthless with pulls.

My enjoyment of Mists of Pandaria has only increased over time, even with the few gripes I've had. I couldn't say the same back in Cataclysm. I still think it was a solid expansion, and I appreciate a lot of what Cataclysm brought to the game, but I sympathized with the people who were feeling burned out. For me, it just felt like maybe it was the result of playing this game for so long. I worried a little bit that my feelings for World of Warcraft were becoming inevitably nostalgic. But Mists changed that for me. The content feels like it just has more soul to it. I've seen a lot of people express similar feelings.

On that note, to the people who outright refuse to pickup quests from a hub with blue exclamation points: you're missing out on some great story and awesome content at Domination Point and Lion's Landing. I think it's a mistake to write that off based on perception alone.

It seems like you can enjoy MoP as long as you don't love raiding or group content (Hint: LFR doesn't count as group content as it's encouraged that you don't talk or work with anyone in the raid, but instead queue in fast and leave fast). However if you love excelling at raiding, MoP is a horrible grind that forces you out of the type of content you love into other uninteresting and time consuming content to be excellent in raiding.

Sadly daily's have required me to do something every day that I don't enjoy. Required not because a gun was held to my head, but because I want to do as excellently as possible in the few hours I raid each week and to do that, (for the first time in WoW's history) that path lies through endless hours of solo grinds.

If I could I would raid 7 days a week on my main, alts and in pugs... assumging that was the best way to maximized as a character. However if I went 16/16 raid, I actually get less VP than if I spent an equivalent amount of time running daily's/5mans and now thanks to 5.1, VP capping is required if you want to be as maximized as possible.
Edited by Poena on 11/30/2012 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/30/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Gunny
I honestly don't care at all about furthering this segment of the discussion. I doubt there's anything I can say that wouldn't be better spoken at a brick wall, if the very nature of blue text carries with it, in your mind, nothing more than PR, CS, and marketing tactics.

Are you honestly implying that PR and marketing, along with damage control, aren't the bulk of your duties? Especially in terms of communicating with the player base via the forums?

LMAO... Color me brick red then, because I'm not buying what you're selling there.

Nobody doubts you're human and have your own opinions.. sheesh. What we doubt is that if you strongly disliked anything about the game you would post it on the forums. It's nothing personal against you.. hell, it's your job to polish turds til they shine.

For me it's gotten old over the years and the unicorn & flowers approach from CMs cheapens the illusion of communication between players and devs. GC's 'my way or the highway' mentality,' so often reflected in his blogs, puts you guys at a distinct disadvantage dealing with players here. Again, nothing against you - although if I had to choose between working CS and starving I'd probably be headed for the soup line.

My sub is up on 12/6. I dropped it yesterday after realizing the game is just rehash. Like I posted elsewhere.. an old car with a vinyl wrap.

You un-subed. Or so you say. If the game is so "Bad" and you don't want to play it anymore, Why bother to waste your time posting here?

Your not going to convert players by these little rants if that's what your goal is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My problem is that it felt easier to gear up a toon to get 'raid ready' in Cata. Now, even with the rep change, it feels like a massive chore. I'm still debating on what to do. I have two level 90's and a third possibly soon. It's just so time consuming to play at the level I was used to.

Now with the changes to herbing, and a good chance those materials will probably double in price, the cost of raiding will go up too. Man, I just don't know. To me, vanilla was boring grindy, but this is less boring.... yet it feels like the same time commitment to be raiding.

I would PvP or do pet battles, but to be 'good' at raiding & leveling a couple alts seems like such a time sink. I have more free time now, yet I seem to have less time in game to do that stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Look, I've typically shouted down the "dailies are mandatory" whiners ... but for one reason only -- they didn't take much effort and I was able to "get rid of them" quickly. I'd probably feel differently if I actually cared about maintaining an alt.

But let's be honest, questing is the lowest form of content. It is boring, repetitive and not challenging. Dailies, in and of themselves, are just a miserable lowlight in what is an otherwise impressive array of content in MoP. The raiding, challenge modes, brawler's guild, pet battles etc. have all been excellent. Dailies? Not so much.

I just totally disagree. Solo content has come such a long way since vanilla. There are many players out there and in this thread, like me, who enjoy approaching an area filled with quest objectives, looking for the most interesting and efficient ways of tackling those objectives.

You can easily get yourself in gameplay situations that, while maybe a lot shorter in length, are mechanically more interesting than several Raid Finder boss fights, and require more than just your best standard ability rotation. Hell, there are mobs out there that have nearly as many mechanics/abilities as some of the Raid Finder bosses.

When I hit Revered with Golden Lotus I moved onto other factions while waiting for the 5.1 commendations to come out. My gear has improved quite a lot since I hit Revered and, when I went back to do Golden Lotus dailies last night, had more fun than usual pushing myself to be precise, ambitious, and ruthless with pulls.

My enjoyment of Mists of Pandaria has only increased over time, even with the few gripes I've had. I couldn't say the same back in Cataclysm. I still think it was a solid expansion, and I appreciate a lot of what Cataclysm brought to the game, but I sympathized with the people who were feeling burned out. For me, it just felt like maybe it was the result of playing this game for so long. I worried a little bit that my feelings for World of Warcraft were becoming inevitably nostalgic. But Mists changed that for me. The content feels like it just has more soul to it. I've seen a lot of people express similar feelings.

On that note, to the people who outright refuse to pickup quests from a hub with blue exclamation points: you're missing out on some great story and awesome content at Domination Point and Lion's Landing. I think it's a mistake to write that off based on perception alone.

Once yes, 500 times NO!

Being on the front line can be disheartening when you see so many problems raise with the game as they see it, We all have had that with jobs, where it its easy to move on than be in that environment that has become unhealthy for us.

blizzard PR about the MOP was offering things it could not live up too everyone, and then you have people like Ghost Crawler who alienate people further but trying to justify the unneeded nerfs or changes.

The Devs are out of ideas, the end, full stop. they are stale and need fresh blood to come in and try to bring something new to the game.

Dailies are not new, but rehashed ideas, gating everything is not fun.

I have managed to become exalted with all reps bar august, but will not even think about other toons as the grind is boring and frustrating.

i stopped raiding, dailies are terrible and have no interest in pet battles.
Edited by Coldêthyl on 11/30/2012 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My sub is up on 12/6. I dropped it yesterday after realizing the game is just rehash. Like I posted elsewhere.. an old car with a vinyl wrap.

You and your "opinions" are free to go. Next time have something constructive to add and not just a plain old "I don't like it". Offer suggestions for a better way if you like but just stating that it's old isn't gonna get you anywhere. Most of the people posting here want to keep playing and are trying to offer solutions to make the game more engaging. Continually just badmouthing others and the game itself is just fodder.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/30/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Morrigahn
But now you are asking me and other players to go fight against the opposite faction when that very same action destroyed the Temple of the Jade Serpent and brought ruin to this land?

Just thought I'd re-quote this.

My wife actually admonished me for doing these daily quests because of how upsetting the story of the destruction of the Temple of the Jade Serpent was. I agree with her on the story standpoint, but not he standpoint of progressing my character. Sadly Blizzard decided with this patch to completely ignore the story we encountered while leveling up and force us down a path that makes zero sense.
Reply Quote
Personally, Z, I think it could be the greatest storyline in the history of WoW and it would still be a might chore for me to finish it. I'm sure I will, of course, since I like finishing my reputation. But frankly more dailies after the ridiculous number of dailies already in this X-pac just smacks of absolute madness to me.

On the plus side, you blues convinced me it's not necessary to do them every day! On the negative side, that's after I've burned myself out completely on that phase of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/30/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
If you want my honest opinion about what I don't like -- or what is mind numbing and frustrating -- it's being endlessly challenged by a crowd to prove that I'm a human being who's both a Blizzard employee and a big fan of this game, else my statements be all political maneuvering!

I've honestly wondered how you guys endure the constant verbal abuse the ingrates of the forums give you. I'd have burst a blood vessel years ago if I had your job.

Just don't forget that there are lots of us out here who appreciate all the hard work you and the other people at Blizz (CMs, Devs, everyone) put forth.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_yprN_-w

:D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/29/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Zarhym
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD

No, thanks.
Uscared?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]