Don't Daily December

90 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
On that note, to the people who outright refuse to pickup quests from a hub with blue exclamation points: you're missing out on some great story and awesome content at Domination Point and Lion's Landing. I think it's a mistake to write that off based on perception alone.

I reserve the right to change my mind if it turns around and surprises me with some unexpected Golden Lotus-ness (/shudder), but I think the Operation: Shieldwall dailies so far are pretty good.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
MoP is clearly better than Cata by miles, but I hate dailies with a passion all they do is force me to "dump" time into this game if I want to do PvE. In my opinion the new dailies is yet another selfish money-making scheme by the blues in order to make players spend more time on the game. Dailies are what I like to call a "time-sink" and they're ENDLESS in this expansion...
Reply Quote
4 Troll Hunter
There are too many quest based factions. It's overwhelming and it's frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/30/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Gunny

I've honestly wondered how you guys endure the constant verbal abuse the ingrates of the forums give you. I'd have burst a blood vessel years ago if I had your job.

Just don't forget that there are lots of us out here who appreciate all the hard work you and the other people at Blizz (CMs, Devs, everyone) put forth.

They probably balance it out with fanboi love.

I'm not a "fanboi." I just think that anyone who puts up with ungrateful blockheads on a daily basis deserves a little thanks for a primarily thankless job.
Reply Quote
No.

*Cuddles my Cloud Serpent*

Dailies are awesome if they get you mounts. Shado-Pan Tigers, Waterstriders, Goats, Scorpions, I want 'em all!

So, I deny your dare. However,

IDK I kind of hate that the end game is dailies -_-

Wrong, end game is raiding. Dailies provide Valor and vendors to give better gear to be raid-ready. The same was with T11. Multiple factions to earn rep with, yes, but you had 3 raids.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Golden Lotus is the big UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH to me. I didn't mind the Order of the Cloud Serpent ones at all, and enjoyed that rep. But doing 3 separate hubs to gain a minimal amount of rep... yuck.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
11/30/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Morrigahn
At the very start of the expansion we were asked "What is worth fighting for?" Fighting for Faction dominance is not worth it. It's the height of hypocrisy.

Aye, there's the rub.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
The result of an algorithm designed to establish my text as indistinguishable from the earthly "common" nomenclature. Did I succeed?

NEED INPUT. NO DISASSEMBLE.
All right, with that comment you have proved that you can troll.

And only humans can be trolls. Which means Vol'jin is a troll.
The whole rebelling thing makes sense now!

On a side note, muffins.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/30/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Twoplusone
Golden Lotus is the big UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH to me. I didn't mind the Order of the Cloud Serpent ones at all, and enjoyed that rep. But doing 3 separate hubs to gain a minimal amount of rep... yuck.

I agree. I've said it before; I consider Golden Lotus the worst daily grind this game has ever seen. Unfortunately, it is also the most "necessary" the game has ever seen, since it is needed to unlock nine pieces of valor gear, thanks to two of the other three valor gear factions being gated behind it. Cloud Serpent, Anglers and August Celestials are all basically well done (besides the stupid torch quest at the temple of the white tiger, but I've learned to just skip that one). Klaxxi and Shado-pan can be aggravating depending on which set of dailies you get, but they're still better than the fourteen quest daily grind that is Golden Lotus.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
The result of an algorithm designed to establish my text as indistinguishable from the earthly "common" nomenclature. Did I succeed?

NEED INPUT. NO DISASSEMBLE.
All right, with that comment you have proved that you can troll.

And only humans can be trolls. Which means Vol'jin is a troll.
The whole rebelling thing makes sense now!

On a side note, muffins.

lol
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Zarhym, please make a promise that patch 5.2 will not have any new daily quest hubs.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Mage
People want to earn the same rewards with the same time investment but do it in content they enjoy.

If I had to fish for gear, I wouldnt have any gear or I would loathe the fish grind for gear. More and more paths need to be available but that will never happen because there is too much ego/emphasis tied into raiding.
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Rogue
Zarhym, just wanted to say, even if I disagree with you about enjoying dailies (drain my soul comes to mind :P ), you're irreversibly kickass awesome. Just cause people are assuming wacky nonsense about you, doesn't mean you gotta assume any serious percentage of the community believes the same as them.

Any shill of the of corporate media would have given up on the WoW community long ago, but you haven't. You keep on keeping on. And that's awesome. And I just wanted to say thanks. :) Let the haters keep hating, they don't matter, cause everyone else is here as well, even if they don't post as much as they should. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Twoplusone

Really?

I tried all of them a few times, and I found Klaxxi the most boring for the dailies that I was able to access - and the quests were dreadful.

The rest that I tried and the rest of the quests (aside from a bit in Kun'lai) were spectacular - the rep is much better from Cataclysm.

The only thing I miss is tabards. But look on the bright side - it's not a 1 daily per day for each rep zone like in Cata (except for Therazane, that had a few, the rest didn't.), and we have daily quest hubs which help a lot.

THOUGH - I am kinda pissed off because I wanted to do dailies and finish some of my quests and stuff, I've got most done in Dread Wastes, just half a chain or so left to go, but with the faction change and server change, my toon bugged out and despite having the completed zone quest achievements, I can't access Pandaria by portal, so yeah. I've gotta wait on my ticket for that. :/
Edited by Eeowynne on 11/30/2012 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Its the 1st of december i just woke up and did some of my dailies

I am farming crops making friends and having fun and no one can stop me!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Me lucky charms
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/29/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Zarhym
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD

No, thanks.

because we expected you to accept the challenge =/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizz never admits failure while the content is still out. When they are discussing the next expansion and a reporter asks them "what did you not like about MOP?" THAT is when you will see the admission that dailies are horrible. They will finally acknowledge what they already know (but wont say) and what the community has been telling them. Although, even then, it will be a watered down admission, "we felt that the dailiy system in MOP worked well in some regards but felt too much like a mandatory grind" I promise they will not have this daily rep/gear gateing again.
Edited by Moonhyde on 11/30/2012 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/30/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Eeowynne
I tried all of them a few times, and I found Klaxxi the most boring for the dailies that I was able to access - and the quests were dreadful.

I think that's why they call it the "Dread Wastes".

On topic: I will continue to do the dailies, I've been working on Golden Lotus lately and have found to have a lot of fun with them, especially since they cut the number of Mogu I have to kill. And I do like the story progression they give, very fun and interesting.

In other words: Keep it up Blizzard! I don't care if I am called a "fanboy" because I am one. Thanks a lot for giving me something to do instead of Dragon Soul (which I didn't mind all that much honestly, was sorta like ICC to me) and waiting for queues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]