Don't Daily December

Lol i don't do any dailies whatso ever. Sucks because i capped on jp and vp like a month ago. But w/e.

Bliz got rid of head enchants so you wouldn't feel the need to go through specific factions.....they then gate everything behind gaining rep with specific factions. They then make vp wortheless without having rep with specific factions.

I honestly had no idea that vp gear would be gated behind rep. Saving my vp while i geared up through heroics, then went to spend some vp like I always do when I'm mostly geared in heroics...woops no dice, since i don't have any rep.

It's w/e really. It's obvious that it's all about money for them. The longer it takes you to get the things you want, then the longer you're paying, the longer you're spending clearing content.

In cata, when i hit 85 with my warrior, there were a handful of pieces available through rep that were good upgrades. I was happy to do my dailies for these pieces, while also running heroics for the rep. How fast you got the gear depended on how many instances you were willing to run, and whether or not you did your dailies.

The new system of dailies being the only method to get rep is retarded. It's obvious that bliz doesn't care if you're enjoying yourself, so long as you're paying to play.

The rep grinds need to be organic to your day to day experience, not the soul reason you log on.

Tabards should be available, and should reward you with a slow rep gain, while dailies should be used to speed up the process. That's the only fun way to go about it. If i'm already getting rep, and i want to speed it up, do some dailies.
Edited by Mokei on 11/29/2012 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
My challenge: Do the dailies you want to and don't do the ones you don't want to for the rest of the game's life.

I'm adding to this: don't whine about doing dailies you don't want to do.

These daily whine fests that keep popping up remind me of my niece... when she was around 1 yr old, my brother would turn on music and she would start dancing... she always looked angry about it, like she didn't like it, but just had to dance... really cracked us up, it was sooo cute.

Yes, the QQ daily whiners are cracking me up.

<3
Edited by Honey on 11/29/2012 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

These daily whine fests that keep popping up remind me of my niece... when she was around 1 yr old, my brother would turn on music and she would start dancing... she always looked angry about it, like she didn't like it, but just had to dance... really cracked us up, it was sooo cute.

Yes, the QQ whiners are cracking me up.

<3

That's pretty funny. But the assumption that dailies are fine because you literaly don't have to do them is a stupid arguement. You don't have to do them, you don't even have to improve your character, wear the right gear, or learn your class.

Having all content outside of random drops gated behind rep is just poor design. We could all live with that though. Having all rep gated behind dailies is what people aren't happy with. You might enjoy dailies, but i don't.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
11/29/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Gnomeasaurus
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD
I have every intention of doing every daily I can cram into each day. I'm still working on some Pandaren rep for this toon. I have 6 alts between level 35 and 80 that I would like to advance. I just started a Panda Brewmaster I would like to make some progress on. Not doing dailies of any kind, at any level would be ludicrous.

No. I won't jump on a temper tantrum bandwagon.

Have a nice day.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I already didn't shave last month.

Forget you, about to hit revered with a few reps. Good luck with what ever stance you are taking though!

FIGHT THE MAN!!
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
11/29/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Gnomeasaurus
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD

I challenge you to not play WoW at all throughout December.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

<3

That's pretty funny. But the assumption that dailies are fine because you literaly don't have to do them is a stupid arguement. You don't have to do them, you don't even have to improve your character, wear the right gear, or learn your class.

Having all content outside of random drops gated behind rep is just poor design. We could all live with that though. Having all rep gated behind dailies is what people aren't happy with. You might enjoy dailies, but i don't.

The thing is, unless you feel you are entitled to every peice of gear in game, without having to do the required tasks to get them, that's your issue... raid gear is fine, if you feel you need the gear from dailies then do dailies, they don't give us an alternative way to get raid gear without raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Stoppit child. Not doing dailies for a month is going to do nothing to make them go away.

Alternatively...

Don't Daily QQ December

I challenge you not to QQ about Dailies for the entire month of December.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Lol i don't do any dailies whatso ever. Sucks because i capped on jp and vp like a month ago. But w/e.

In cata, when i hit 85 with my warrior, there were a handful of pieces available through rep that were good upgrades. I was happy to do my dailies for these pieces, while also running heroics for the rep. How fast you got the gear depended on how many instances you were willing to run, and whether or not you did your dailies.

The new system of dailies being the only method to get rep is retarded. It's obvious that bliz doesn't care if you're enjoying yourself, so long as you're paying to play.

The rep grinds need to be organic to your day to day experience, not the soul reason you log on.

Tabards should be available, and should reward you with a slow rep gain, while dailies should be used to speed up the process. That's the only fun way to go about it. If i'm already getting rep, and i want to speed it up, do some dailies.

Every faction had a tabard as of friendly and only Wildhammer, Therazane and TB had a few dailies. MF was added as late as 4.2. Nothing compared to the choices we have now.

Blizz did it right this xpac. Reputations shouldn't be earned with what you like to do every day. Behind these reputations are factions with their own goals. So tabards should never return as a means to gain reputation.

Now they could add a few rep through running factionrelated dungeons which have to be queued specifically (GL=Moshgun?, Shado pan= monastery, Cloudserpents=Jade Temple) once a day. Also killing specific mobs (GL=mogu, shado pan=sha, Klaxxi=mantids) could give a few rep and of course rep item drops from these specific mobs. That would be factionrelated activities.

NO TABARDS. They ruined the meaning of FACTION reputation. We might as well not have any factions at all.
Reply Quote
48 Draenei Mage
Pfft...I haven't even done any dailies in November (on my main). I'm diggin' the game now :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Now they could add a few rep through running factionrelated dungeons which have to be queued specifically (GL=Moshgun?, Shado pan= monastery, Cloudserpents=Jade Temple) once a day. Also killing specific mobs (GL=mogu, shado pan=sha, Klaxxi=mantids) could give a few rep and of course rep item drops from these specific mobs. That would be factionrelated activities.

NO TABARDS. They ruined the meaning of FACTION reputation. We might as well not have any factions at all.

That is pretty much the same thing. The game is fine.
Reply Quote

<3

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

<3

Deja vu? or an echo?
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Songflower
Blizz did it right this xpac. Reputations shouldn't be earned with what you like to do every day. Behind these reputations are factions with their own goals. So tabards should never return as a means to gain reputation.

So..you're saying you shouldn't be able to enjoy yourself and earn rep?

Every faction had a tabard as of friendly and only Wildhammer, Therazane and TB had a few dailies. MF was added as late as 4.2. Nothing compared to the choices we have now.Blizz did it right this xpac. Reputations shouldn't be earned with what you like to do every day. Behind these reputations are factions with their own goals. So tabards should never return as a means to gain reputation.Now they could add a few rep through running factionrelated dungeons which have to be queued specifically (GL=Moshgun?, Shado pan= monastery, Cloudserpents=Jade Temple) once a day. Also killing specific mobs (GL=mogu, shado pan=sha, Klaxxi=mantids) could give a few rep and of course rep item drops from these specific mobs. That would be factionrelated activities.NO TABARDS. They ruined the meaning of FACTION reputation. We might as well not have any factions at all.

The combination of running dailies and running instances with a tabard was fine. IF you didn't feel like doing one you could do the other. Or do both and get even more reward. Telling a player that thier time spent earning vp is useless because they didn't want to grind out rep isn't good design.

All of this fits into the method of bliz's thinking that resulted in the removal of hgwt. They claim they want you out in the world more. What they really mean is they want you spending less time clearing content, and more time doing the redundant, time taking aspects of the game. Like flying somewhere, and running from to your corpse. Or grinding out dailies.

I can understand this goal of course, but it shouldn't be something they force on the player. It should be something that the player enjoys. Gating behind rep is the laziest form design possible. Log on every day do a handful of unfun quests, and in 3 weeks you'll get what you want, if you don't than virtualy all other efforts will be pointless.
Reply Quote
28 Pandaren Monk
didn't do them every day in october or november, won't do them every day in december, do them when i feel like it. cheers!
Reply Quote
I promise to do at least ONE daily per day. Elect me as CEO of Blizzard.

(This has been a prepaid announcement from Marilly for CEO Inc.)
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
I do just enough dailies to get my coins. 45 dailies/week isn't exactly a big time investment, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/29/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Mokei

So..you're saying you shouldn't be able to enjoy yourself and earn rep?

Every faction had a tabard as of friendly and only Wildhammer, Therazane and TB had a few dailies. MF was added as late as 4.2. Nothing compared to the choices we have now.Blizz did it right this xpac. Reputations shouldn't be earned with what you like to do every day. Behind these reputations are factions with their own goals. So tabards should never return as a means to gain reputation.Now they could add a few rep through running factionrelated dungeons which have to be queued specifically (GL=Moshgun?, Shado pan= monastery, Cloudserpents=Jade Temple) once a day. Also killing specific mobs (GL=mogu, shado pan=sha, Klaxxi=mantids) could give a few rep and of course rep item drops from these specific mobs. That would be factionrelated activities.NO TABARDS. They ruined the meaning of FACTION reputation. We might as well not have any factions at all.

The combination of running dailies and running instances with a tabard was fine. IF you didn't feel like doing one you could do the other. Or do both and get even more reward. Telling a player that thier time spent earning vp is useless because they didn't want to grind out rep isn't good design.

All of this fits into the method of bliz's thinking that resulted in the removal of hgwt. They claim they want you out in the world more. What they really mean is they want you spending less time clearing content, and more time doing the redundant, time taking aspects of the game. Like flying somewhere, and running from to your corpse. Or grinding out dailies.

I can understand this goal of course, but it shouldn't be something they force on the player. It should be something that the player enjoys. Gating behind rep is the laziest form design possible. Log on every day do a handful of unfun quests, and in 3 weeks you'll get what you want, if you don't than virtualy all other efforts will be pointless.

You are not forced to do them!
And even if you want the rep for the vp gear, one faction at a time is enough. Because, guess what, you need the VP too.

Klaxxi already gets you way into honored just questing through the area. I already unlocked 1 vp item which of course I don't have the currency to buy. Shado pan also already gets you far into friendly just questing through the Steppes. And tabards are just not an option. We might as well have no faction and the Pandas give us everything for free.

I came to "hate" heroics in Cata. Finally I came to the decision that the armor wasn't worth my stress and frustration. I played old content for a big chunk of Cata. If the armor is not worth a few dailies to you then maybe you don't want it bad enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]