Item upgrade option is bugged?

90 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't think you are gonna get a response now. I'm pretty sure the SFA staff have gone home for the evening. You might have to ask again in the morning.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
can we please get an update on this matter. I am at honor cap and am in need of spending my points. I aswell accidentally wasted valor on upgrading my boots. PLEASE give us some updates. I have had a ticket open in game for a few days now with no response
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/29/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Triaa
can we please get an update on this matter. I am at honor cap and am in need of spending my points. I aswell accidentally wasted valor on upgrading my boots. PLEASE give us some updates. I have had a ticket open in game for a few days now with no response

Did you even bother to read the Blue posts in this thread?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I've been playing WoW since November 23rd, 2004. This patch has more bugs than I've ever seen in 8 years worth of patches now.

You sure it was ready to release? I mean even half the people that I have on Real ID on my friends lists are bugged, it says that the last time they were online was 43 years ago.

No loot from Sha this week (not even gold) and wasn't able to roll for an extra item either using a coin, quest mobs were all evading today and bugged in Krasarang Wilds at Cradle of Chi'Ji.

Still can't upgrade my pvp gear.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
11/30/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Nopk
You sure it was ready to release? I mean even half the people that I have on Real ID on my friends lists are bugged, it says that the last time they were online was 43 years ago.

It was on the Public Test Realm for over a month.

These particular feature was tested for several weeks, but sometimes, but clearly this bug wasn't fun it happens.

11/30/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Nopk
Still can't upgrade my pvp gear.

You need to report this issue by submitting a bug report.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I've been playing WoW since November 23rd, 2004. This patch has more bugs than I've ever seen in 8 years worth of patches now.

No, it really doesn't. A few minor bugs overall, most of which were hotfixed the first day of the patch. Nothing really that major that I've seen, outside of this one. Since it is an entirely new system, that's not entirely unexpected.

If you find a bug, report it in the bug report forum. Sapperwix has been pretty responsive over there.
Reply Quote
Any time frame on how long this could take Vrakthris? Or will you post an update to this thread once it has been resolved? Sorry to bother, just really annoying that I cannot upgrade any of my items.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's Saturday, I still can't upgrade my gear. I've submitted multiple bug tickets, haven't heard a thing out of anymore.
Reply Quote
Same for me, honestly, this negligence is going to be the reason I leave wow for a Free to Play game that has a much improved customer support system.

Even if the Support team would just say they acknowledge there is an issue, and we are looking into it, I would be okay, but in my bug ticket they were telling me that I just do not understand the system, and that everything is okay, that, is a major issue, and I will not sit by and take that kind of treatment.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Even if the Support team would just say they acknowledge there is an issue, and we are looking into it, I would be okay

Vrakthris already said this on the first page, but if you missed the comment: We're aware of the issue and are looking into it.

I can't make any guarantees, but I'm hoping we'll have a system in place to replace the affected gear next week. In the meanwhile, we apologize for the glitched gear.
Reply Quote
A 2nd GM actually got back to me and was able to replace my necklace and points (I told you they could Perl :P). The new necklace I received was able to be upgraded correctly, so this issue only affects old gear that was purchased before the patch (at least in my case).

All they would have to do, until this bug is figured out and dealt with properly, is replace all of our old gear with new gear. The new gear would all be upgradable. I know it sounds like a shoddy workaround but at least it works.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
http://imgur.com/AtDMh,AkW0D http://imgur.com/ywNus

Same account Just on different toons. I tried in Stormwind The shrine and everywhere else.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Kaltonis
Even if the Support team would just say they acknowledge there is an issue, and we are looking into it, I would be okay

Vrakthris already said this on the first page, but if you missed the comment: We're aware of the issue and are looking into it.

I can't make any guarantees, but I'm hoping we'll have a system in place to replace the affected gear next week. In the meanwhile, we apologize for the glitched gear.

I seemed to have overlooked that, thank you for the insight

Also, I have gotten a response from my ticket, and as you stated, they are hoping a fix is in place by Tuesday next week, I am fine with this as long as I now know for fact they are looking into the issue.

Thanks,
Demonmonger
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Add this druid to the ones unable to upgrade gear :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Can we try to have this fixed tomorrow please?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/03/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Nopk
Can we try to have this fixed tomorrow please?

It will be fixed when Q&A gets to it. Blizzard doesn't give out timetables. So don't make demands.
Edited by Ravenhawke on 12/3/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
This bug is horrible for those of us that it is currently screwing over. Still doesn't seem to be fixed yet.
Edited by Vrakthris on 12/4/2012 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]