Item upgrade option is bugged?

Support Forum Agent
12/04/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Pîcky
This bug is horrible for those of us that it is currently screwing over. Still doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

No, unfortunately, Picky, from what I've been able to find out it is a bit difficult to reproduce and determine why it is happening only to a select few. I am sorry that this has been a major inconvenience. I can only tell you that they are working on it and will do what they can to resolve the issue as quickly as they can.

I'm not certain if QA requires additional information but it wouldn't hurt to create or add to a related post in the Bug Report forum.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I still can't upgrade any of my pvp gear with Honor or Conquest. Looks like my only choice is to give up raiding and upgrade my gear with my 1k valor points a week.
Reply Quote
Vrakthris.... Not sure if this helps you or the team, but the bug only affects "current" gear that was purchased before the patch. A GM actually replaced my necklace about 4-5 days ago, and the new necklace that was in the mail was not hampered by the bug. Also any new gear that I have purchased, since the patch, can also be upgraded properly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah, i just went and tried buying 2 pieces of honor gear and a new piece of conquest gear. I can upgrade them with honor/conquest.

So basically all i need to do is replace all my gear i already have, re-gem and enchant it, then I can upgrade it. Sounds like fun!!!!!
Reply Quote
Since this bug is taking them longer to figure out than anticipated, they should just replace our current bugged items ( I think I have maybe 10 pieces that are bugged ). The GM replaced my necklace easy enough.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
I'm not sure passive-aggressive complaints change what Vrak said -- this isn't an easy thing to find or fix.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'd like to put my name in the hat of the bugged gear basket and like everyone else i have tried all the resets and deletes in the world to fix the problem but didn't work, currently have a ticket in to try and get all my gear replaced, will let everyone know how it goes and if they will do it.
Reply Quote
So annoying that I'm contemplating rebuying gear I already have just so I can upgrade it!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Don't do it Picky I only have 1 day and 5 hour left on my ticket and ill let ya know what happens
Reply Quote
Interested in hearing what they tell you... Post comments here.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Well i got my response picky and they know about the problem and they are trying to fix it but they have no time frame on when this fix will come in so im going to go and re-buy all my honor gear and leave the conquest and Valor until the fix comes in not much more we can do in my opinion which sucks but thats the way it is for now.
Reply Quote
Ya I have already bought and upgraded 3 pieces (replacing pieces I already owned). Annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Oh, and even if I do upgrade my T1 weapon with valor... it DOES not upgrade its pvp power

Why not buy back my gear... i can then go buy new gear and upgrade it????????

You still havent fixed this problem and its been weeks now.
Edited by Nopk on 12/9/2012 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
And yes, im also grinding out all my honor gear again and rebuying it, just so i can upgrade it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yes, I'm still here, not going away. It's pretty easy, I could care less about the honor gear at this point, but buy back my conquest gear, refund my points so I can go repurchase my gear and have it be upgradeable.

You have pretty much proven at this point that you are either not working on the issue hard enough or you just don't care and you aren't going to fix it. I'm an engineer by profession, if it took me this long to find a solution to even major issues I would have been fired a week ago.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/10/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Nopk
Yes, I'm still here, not going away.

Well, you're free to sit here all you'd like, but it's not going to do anything. No one who works on the Forums would be able to refund anything. You would have to get a GM to do that, and they don't work the Forums. If you've already tried tickets and the GM has turned you down, there isn't anything else that can be done.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/10/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Scrinshee
Yes, I'm still here, not going away.

Well, you're free to sit here all you'd like, but it's not going to do anything. No one who works on the Forums would be able to refund anything. You would have to get a GM to do that, and they don't work the Forums. If you've already tried tickets and the GM has turned you down, there isn't anything else that can be done.

Silly me to think that customer support would be a place to go to for customer support.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's Tuesday, 12/11/2012, issue is still not addressed or fixed.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
12/04/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Vrakthris
This bug is horrible for those of us that it is currently screwing over. Still doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

No, unfortunately, Picky, from what I've been able to find out it is a bit difficult to reproduce and determine why it is happening only to a select few. I am sorry that this has been a major inconvenience. I can only tell you that they are working on it and will do what they can to resolve the issue as quickly as they can.

I'm not certain if QA requires additional information but it wouldn't hurt to create or add to a related post in the Bug Report forum.

That's them addressing it: it's very difficult to find and verify, and acting indignant doesn't change that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
It's the 15/12 and ive just gone to upgrade an item and now it is saying it will only upgrade the armor and no other stat will be changed, anyone else getting this problem and its happening with pvp and pve gear?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]