You have in game music turned OFF!?!?

I do like the music but it interferes whith my hearing when i am on Ventrillo so I play with it off. Whne I solo i occasionally turn it back on especially in those places that i enjoy the music.
100 Undead Rogue
my music folder is music enough for my gaming experience
100 Blood Elf Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8BjI7pLrI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=SvRt-NEuV28&NR=1

Were my last two songs played. I don't like the game sounds nor music.
100 Night Elf Druid
I don't mind the music but i typically turn it off while I'm raiding and then forget to turn it back on.
100 Pandaren Monk
I guess I'm just more of an RPG buff then most people

Because you played the most glorified RPG ever? You're such a buff...

I'm not going to go into more examples, but this OP is just a wild fan boy and is just shocked that someone can't cream shorts over the background music.

I think your tone is inappropriate for this thread...
Edited by Reibo on 11/30/2012 10:20 AM PST
100 Pandaren Monk
I do turn down the volume to 20% when I'm on vent for raiding, any other time it's 100%
90 Tauren Death Knight
I have all music and sound effects turned off... It disrupts our vent conversations
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Reibo

Should I care bear it up? You are trying to make people feel like they are inferior for not playing the game the way you do. And actually telling them it's a lesser experience for playing the way they do. My tone may be harsher, but your attitude is garbage. Let people play how they want and don't judge them because it's different than your own.
11/30/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Sniffed
I like the kazoo music that plays in some of the Pandaria Inns.
100 Pandaren Monk
[quote]
I agree you need to be immersed in the game completely, but I have played many an online game.. it seems to be the norm rather than exception... People are tuned out (literally), which explains why people are paying attention in games, they are more focused listening to music then really into the game.

I disagree, I think there are very few people who can't concentrate on more than one thing at a time while playing the game. I don't hone in on the music, I just notice it's there. I'm completely focused on questing, or killing the raid boss or what not. It's those times where you are walking, or flying, or running to the next boss, or bored because you are at a burn phase of the boss where you just hear the music long enough to go, "hmm I like this music!".

For me it was when I first logged on and stepped into the new ogrimmar when Catactlym hit. I was like "OMG, this music is so epic it makes me feel proud to be horde".

For the most part tho, the music doesn't "distract" me from doing things in the game, it just adds to it.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
but come ON people! You are missing out on a HUGE part of the experience!!
I'm doing just fine without it.
But sometimes I'll leave the sound on during dungeons because I like hearing the combat sounds. And it sometimes feels weird without it.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Eranos
Should I care bear it up? You are trying to make people feel like they are inferior for not playing the game the way you do. And actually telling them it's a lesser experience for playing the way they do. My tone may be harsher, but your attitude is garbage. Let people play how they want and don't judge them because it's different than your own.

Having read the OP through now, I can see what you mean. He's rather condescending and assumes his preferred way of playing is how everyone else should play to get the "full experience". Personally, I not only play better but enjoy it better when I have all sounds turned off and have music in the background. I'm not sure why, but if it's fast music my reflexes and decision making is just as fast. It's why I listen to music when I PvP, because it works.

As for FF7... well, I didn't enjoy the game enough to beat it. I'd use FFX's opening cinematic and then the Yuna cinematic as a better example. Both were radically different, but truly set the mood and tone.
100 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Eranos

How exactly is saying "your missing out on the whole experience"..."Judging" someone? And I clearly stated it was OK for someone do what they wanted, but it was just my opinion that the music is part of the whole experience. There was no judging going on here, my attitude is not garbage. You sir need to take your inappropriate attitude out of this thread OK?
100 Goblin Shaman
For some reason, I don't really remember what any of the music sounds like.

Games like Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia and Nier have all been very memorable for me, but perhaps it's because the music changes based on the intensity of the situation as well.

Having music dependent on a zone isn't bad, but for some reason i've never really enjoyed WoW's soundtracks. I'd need to listen to them outside the game to enjoy them, I think.
83 Dwarf Warrior
Music ON since 2005
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I disagree, I think there are very few people who can't concentrate on more than one thing at a time while playing the game. I don't hone in on the music, I just notice it's there. I'm completely focused on questing, or killing the raid boss or what not. It's those times where you are walking, or flying, or running to the next boss, or bored because you are at a burn phase of the boss where you just hear the music long enough to go, "hmm I like this music!".

For me it was when I first logged on and stepped into the new ogrimmar when Catactlym hit. I was like "OMG, this music is so epic it makes me feel proud to be horde".

For the most part tho, the music doesn't "distract" me from doing things in the game, it just adds to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46RY4PU8a8

See this? This is pretty epic music. It's music I can sit back and just listen to. WoW's music rarely does this for me. For a little while I listened to the Pandaria inn sounds, it was pretty fun. I also listened to some zone music for a while. However, it's simply on repeat. It gets old fast. You don't need to listen to the music to get the full experience at all.

WoW isn't even an immersive game. When you talk to players, it takes you out of that experience. I can only immerse myself in single player games, like Demon's/Dark Souls where the enemy players don't speak, and Fallout/Elder Scrolls or other RPGs like Chrono Trigger/Cross.
Edited by Jakkhel on 11/30/2012 10:30 AM PST
90 Goblin Hunter
I have been playing for a few years now..... and I never even turn on my speakers.
100 Pandaren Monk

Having read the OP through now, I can see what you mean. He's rather condescending and assumes his preferred way of playing is how everyone else should play to get the "full experience".

Please explain to me how turning off sound and music to World of Warcraft GIVES you more of an experience then if you had the sound and music ON?

So you are saying that if you went to a football game, (big professional one) and you sat there and couldn't hear the music, couldn't hear the tackling, the crowd, couldn't feel the vibration in your chest of the thundering roars of the crowd and music and everything else around you, you would indeed be getting the whole experience?? I don't think so...

So yes, I will say if you don't have the sound or music on you ARE missing out on the whole experience. But what I'm also saying is that it's OK to listen to your own music and have the sound off, I never said it wasn't.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]