herb Nerf part 2

100 Tauren Druid
New thread since the previous one reached its capacity of 500 in 48h.
Previous thread here : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200062590
Edited by Gnaker on 11/30/2012 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't understand all the crying about this nerf. If anything, it makes people WORK for their skill points, mats and gains.

Where is the error on the part of Blizz?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The error is about there is NO herbs at all anymore. We went from plentiful to nothingness. You obviously havent herbed to say this. Besides, I have answered this:

So Skinners can sit all day long at the various daily quest hubs that involve animals, and skin tons and tons of leather in very short amount of times (12 stacks of leather in 20 minutes, what?), Miners have nodes of ghost iron ore ALL OVER THE MAP because god forbid they need to farm something else, and then you have herbalists who have 3193341432 spawn points of green tea leaf (which to be honnest, is a really crappy herb and most of the time I disregard it) and then you have these very dense spawn points of other herbs who actually dont have that many spawn points. IF you happen to have say 4-5 players farming the same herbs as you, guess what, you get NOTHING.

What's wrong with people who actually FARM to actually get something? You know this whole thing "Play as you want" and "We want people in the world", thats exactly the kind of thing that goes completely against it. I might as well run dungeons all day long and I'll make more money that way.

But guess what? I actually like my farming, because I feel like I can get something out of it. Now, you're taking that away from us? What's wrong with you? I try and stay temper but I'll be the first one to say this nerf is in the realm of STUPID.

Also, what happened to all that data that was accumulated during the beta? 7 months of 1 million people being subscribed to it wasnt enough to gather enough information about the resources?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
They mega nerfed ore/herb nodes to solve the bot problem, at least that's the way they think.

If Blizzard were in the government they would solve the car accident problem by making cars illegal or making them prohibitively expensive.

Dumb approach IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
They mega nerfed ore/herb nodes to solve the bot problem, at least that's the way they think.

If Blizzard were in the government they would solve the car accident problem by making cars illegal or making them prohibitively expensive.

Dumb approach IMO.

This.

And @ the OP: Yes I have a max herbalist, so no, you are not correct on my experience with this phenomena.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
And next you're gonna tell me you enjoy spending 1 hour getting 6 stacks of fool's cap, including the guild perk for extra mats? yeah, right.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking herb nerfer!"

-Leia the herbalist
Reply Quote
I have Alchemy and Inscription :< I used to be happy that I could get the mats I need in an hour or 2 then actually play the game ._.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I haven't noticed an issue with mining nodes.

I'm afraid to give herbing a try; nerd rage face is not an attractive look for me.
Reply Quote
Blue said it was unintentional and are looking into it.

And no I won't link it for you, I am lazy too. =D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Baww they are trying to stabilize the economy! Blizz is terrible! Seriously, don't you want to be able to make money off your herbs? My miner would love to be able to sell ore for decent prices...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Blue said it was unintentional and are looking into it.

And no I won't link it for you, I am lazy too. =D

They said it was intentional later on.

Also, you know when they say that they dont want to implement something and then remove it if it doesnt really work out because people would rightfully cry out loud? This is what's happening right now, they dont seem to care that much for it though.
Reply Quote
The issue, as I see it, is as a method of combating bots, this does nothing. They farm less herbs, but the stacks are valued much much higher. With snow lily going for 70g a stack, up from 20.
The only people who suffer this are consumers of said products. Especially herb and ore shufflers, who certainly were enjoying the current state of affairs.
But it's even further then this, as this doesn't simply effect the stacks, but all things related, including glyphs and flasks, which bots had literally no hand in.

It isn't even laughable at this point, you give me a tip on a loading screen that tells me to occasionally leave Azeroth, then continue to bend my arm backwards keeping me here. I can't even enjoy the new brawlers guild, because of the incredibly high cost, and at the same time I'm having to funnel the moderate amount of gold I do have now to my guildies so we can afford keeping gear and flasks abundant and updated.

Can we compromise here, and have a much larger yield of inks and gems per stack of mats? Gold farmers don't deal in that, and it at least takes some of the heat off insc/JC
BS, Engi, and Alchs...well I'm really sorry for you.
Reply Quote
My biggest complaint is the Golden Lotus. It is really hard to find, I can count on one hand the number of Golden Lotus I have actually picked. The rest have all been from spirit motes.

The answer I saw in another post was, but you can grow them in your garden. Okay, I guess that's true but there again, have to do dailies to get to that point. Does every little thing in the game need to somehow be connected to dailies? Can't I just farm my herbs and be done with them:(

I can accept that I am not getting rewards offered by dailies because I don't do them, but normal mats you should be able to farm shouldn't be dependent on them too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you think this nerf is fine, you don't value your time

If you think this nerf is only 50% then you forgot to add some 0's

First they said they didn't nerf it. Then they said "Oh it's a bug". Then 3 days later oh we did nerf it haha sucks to be you guys and then not a word since.

THEY don't even know what THEY are doing or there is just a huge gap in communication. So when someone who doesn't have a clue tells me it's 50% and it's obviously worse than that it's kinda hard to trust what they say.

I'm sorry but this change massively affected the game and it's not about ah prices really. It's what people have been saying in this thread for days now and some people don't seem to get it so let's try this again.

Being able to farm for 30 mins to hour to supply yourself with the mats you need and help out your guild

went to

Farming for multiple hours to see a fraction of that return.

It has become a time sink, and a huge one at that. Cuz yaknow, there wasn't enough time sinks and grindy crap to already do obviously.

People with families, full time jobs, or lives in general DO NOT have the time to farm for 3 hours. For most of us 3 hours a day is the entirety of our play time. So when you basically say "Hey guys, I know your paying us to play this game and have fun, but we're gonna force you to play like this just to sustain yourself" why not just hold up a sign that says "We screwed you over. Ha ha"

To make such a drastic change that affects the time investment of the player base, leave it out of the patch notes and then say "whoops" is just all kinds of wrong. It's bad enough there's all this ninja/shadow nerfing going on that's already left out of the patch notes, where the player base has to sink yet more time into coming to the forums and scrounging for a confirmation of what's intended and what isn't.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
An hour for 7 stacks...yeah not fun.

Bring in the bots, if it's gonna take me an hour for 7 stacks I have no problem with people having tons of bots to farm for the AH.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Having spent most of the past 3 hours herbing for my stockpile of pots and elixirs, yes I think the new spawn rate is fine for everything except Fool's Cap. Snow Lily, Rain Poppy, and especially Green Tea Leaf are all plentiful. I farmed up about 3 stacks of each in less than an hour total.

And then I started looking for Fool's Cap.

For some reason, and I hope this can be looked into, as I'm trying really hard to be objective about this, it seems like FC got hit much harder than other herbs. I just now visited every single spawn point known to WoWhead's Gatherer database in the Dread Wastes [I]twice[/I] and didn't even have 1 whole stack to show for it. I'm fairly certain I didn't have any competition either.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Dumb approach IMO.

Nerfing spawns of resource nodes to stop botting is like shooting someone in the head to save their life. All they've done is gone back to the Cataclysm model where the only means of acquiring ore and herbs is going to be buying them off of the AH mule used by hackers to shuffle their wares.
Reply Quote
I don't understand all the crying about this nerf. If anything, it makes people WORK for their skill points, mats and gains.

Where is the error on the part of Blizz?

Maybe, just maybe, because this is not a job you get paid for?.

Oh I know, I have this profession i have to level, so I have to log on, 8 hours a day, with 2 maybe 3 breaks you know, for lunch and other stuff, and when I'm done I'll get to actually relax and at the end of the month I get a juicy paycheck... oh wait.

11/30/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Sonson
The issue, as I see it, is as a method of combating bots, this does nothing. They farm less herbs, but the stacks are valued much much higher.

Completely agree... it won't do anything against bots, if anything, it will make them richer.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Grdebby
Baww they are trying to stabilize the economy! Blizz is terrible! Seriously, don't you want to be able to make money off your herbs? My miner would love to be able to sell ore for decent prices...

The economy was plenty stable. GI ore still sold for 60+ a stack pre-nerfs, and even GTL was 55g a stack. The only ones whining about not being able to sell are the ones too dumb to make a deal with their server's scribes or jewelcrafters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]