herb Nerf part 2

90 Draenei Shaman
I don't Understand.

Don't they do this every expac. Alteast for cata i remember herbs were nerfed big time with the first patch. Same thing here. There were waay too many herb and mine nodes prepatch. I could litterally get 10 stacks of Snow lilly in 30min. Now it just takes me about an hour to do that.

Or am i missing something here...
Edited by Belltrix on 11/30/2012 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Where did they ever say that nerfing spawn rates was supposed to combat botting? Because I would think that having a huge over supply, thus lowering the value and potential income from gathering professions would actually hurt them more. Methinks this is some tin foil hat conspiracy thing.

They did this to help stabilize the economy and to make player time valuable. Deal with it.

P.S. I do think Fool's Cap got hit too hard, please look into that.
Reply Quote
I don't Understand.

Don't they do this every expac. Alteast for cata i remember herbs were nerfed big time with the first patch. Same thing here. There were waay too many herb and mine nodes prepatch. I could litterally get 10 stacks of Snow lilly in 30min. Now it just takes me about an hour to do that.

Or am i missing something here...

It's not so much that it unneeded. It kinds was needed.
The issue is, they just severely inflated the player side of the economy. Flasks, Glyphs, shoulder enchants,. Hell, I was sitting on several shoulder enchants to sell, stacks of 50 or 60 a piece, and their value just went up on my server from about 100g a piece to 600-800
so this change certainly doesn't hurt me. But the people who buy from me regularly have to eat that cost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The main problem as I see it with this nerf is the Fool's Cap. Yeah yeah yeah, the nerf is working as it was intended, I see about 50% less nodes when I fly around Kun-Lai and such, but when I go back to the Briny area of Dread Wastes, I see 0 nodes. Yes, I said zero. The amount of nodes and also respawn rate nerf to Fool's Cap has made them as abundant as Trillium, which is not abundant at all.

Edited for spelling.
Edited by Killutoo on 11/30/2012 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Atroxx
They did this to help stabilize the economy and to make player time valuable.

There wasn't a need to do this, however, because neither ghost iron or herbs were staying on the AH for more than a few hours before getting cleared out by folks like myself or your server's residential scribe and gem baron.
Reply Quote
Where did they ever say that nerfing spawn rates was supposed to combat botting? Because I would think that having a huge over supply, thus lowering the value and potential income from gathering professions would actually hurt them more. Methinks this is some tin foil hat conspiracy thing.

They did this to help stabilize the economy and to make player time valuable. Deal with it.

How does this make player time more valuable? Before the herbs were so affordable, we didn't have to use our time at all to aquire what we needed for raids. Some people are simply really bad at making gold, and now those people eat the full effect of this sort of rapid inflation. We already have to invest insane amounts of time to daileys.
Reply Quote
Wasn't just herbs...they nerfed everything. Have to now kill like 15 birds to get a single wildfowl breast or whatever it is called...same on raw crocolisk meat...same on humanoid mobs for a single scrap of windwool.

Just ridiculous. I think the goal is to make something more painful than dailies so people gripe about that instead, thus sweeping the daily fiasco under the carpet. All it is really doing though is fueling the fire since the dailies depend on the farming...making a bad situation even worse.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Stabalize an economy that was fine the way it was? Yeah no try again

Made player time more valuable? How? By making those of us with lives who only have a few hours to play each day spend the entirety of that time farming the mats it took maybe 20% of our play time to farm before? Then denying it up and down. Swearing that if such a change happened it would "most certainly be in the patch notes", then blaming it on a bug/glitch, and then 3 days after the fact saying it was intended good luck.

YOU deal with it. If you have hours and hours to sit in front of your computer every day then you shouldn't care what happens either way. For the rest of us who value our time in general, not just our play time but our time as whole, it is we who got screwed over by this.

But it's just laughable at this point. For every person who says "well they do this all the time" or "it's fine deal with it" there's 20 of us who actually have lives and were doing fine with the economy the way it was before.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/30/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Grdebby
Baww they are trying to stabilize the economy! Blizz is terrible! Seriously, don't you want to be able to make money off your herbs? My miner would love to be able to sell ore for decent prices...

Yes, because 10g per any ore is decent

In before this guy thinks I buy all my materials. Haha, how wrong he'd be
Edited by Yzzami on 11/30/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Everything shall be as slow as possible.

- Mists of Pandaria

And to the people saying this will HELP economy.

Yeah, AH speculation on crafting materials is exactly what the economy needs.

"hey let me buy all the stocks of this herb and re-enter it for way more because there are not enough herbs out there to undercut me fast enough"

** Economy fixed **
Edited by Serendipíty on 11/30/2012 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/30/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Infernalise
I don't understand all the crying about this nerf. If anything, it makes people WORK

See guys!!! Its work!!! Not fun!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
11/30/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Baww they are trying to stabilize the economy! Blizz is terrible! Seriously, don't you want to be able to make money off your herbs? My miner would love to be able to sell ore for decent prices...

The economy was plenty stable. GI ore still sold for 60+ a stack pre-nerfs, and even GTL was 55g a stack. The only ones whining about not being able to sell are the ones too dumb to make a deal with their server's scribes or jewelcrafters.

Ok, you should get some facts straight. GI was selling for 30g a stack on my server pre nerf, but forget servers, lets look at global, across all servers. GI is going for 52g 61s average across all servers AFTER the nerf. That is all servers, not focusing on mine or yours, taking in the majority of player's experiences and not just those of one server. source underminejournal. google it.

For those who are complaining about Fool's Cap I will state again. The ONLY thing that requires Fool's Cap is agi flasks, and they only require 4 a piece. Fool's Cap gives a bonus when milling, hence they were supposed to be rarer then other nodes...it is simple, farm something else to mill in addition to Fool's Cap. For those who are complaining that you can no longer farm 20 stacks in 15 minutes and the world is going to end, I am sorry, I do not feel sorry for you, Tea Leaves are still plentiful enough to mill at a reasonable rate.

Cata. I remember Cata. I remember farming an hour and getting 7 stacks of whiptail in Cata. And I had plenty to make flasks. And guess what? The mats for flasks are now reduced to 4 per flask, so those 7 stacks an hour makes a heck of a lot more flasks then it did in Cata, doesn't it. Another thread about this. Really.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I got a reply to my ticket today.

The GM had the audacity to ask, "What do you mean by nerf?" Then went on further to say nodes are working as normal, as he has 2 mains and claims there is no changes.

One blue says no changes, another says it's a bug under investigation, another says yes, it changed while another says everything is working as intended. (Not to mention bots)

Who am I supposed to believe?

Clearly the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.

I don't have the extra time needed to gather mats for even the simplest daily tasks.

Blizzard management, development and CS is at an all time low, imho. Rather than QQ needlessly, I decided to put my money where my mouth is and cancelled my account.

Be well, be safe my friends.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Stabalize an economy that was fine the way it was? Yeah no try again

Made player time more valuable? How? By making those of us with lives who only have a few hours to play each day spend the entirety of that time farming the mats it took maybe 20% of our play time to farm before? Then denying it up and down. Swearing that if such a change happened it would "most certainly be in the patch notes", then blaming it on a bug/glitch, and then 3 days after the fact saying it was intended good luck.

YOU deal with it. If you have hours and hours to sit in front of your computer every day then you shouldn't care what happens either way. For the rest of us who value our time in general, not just our play time but our time as whole, it is we who got screwed over by this.

But it's just laughable at this point. For every person who says "well they do this all the time" or "it's fine deal with it" there's 20 of us who actually have lives and were doing fine with the economy the way it was before.

Let me give you an example of how the economy was not fine. The orb it takes to create one of the panther mounts costs 18k and 4 living steel bars. Now, if the economy is good, a market should then be able to sell that product for at least a 50 percent profit. after about a month, I was finally able to sell one for 23k, for a total of 5k IF not calculating any other mats but that orb. And don't tell me about supply and demand, when advertising in chat, I had plenty of inquiries, but 23k was just too hard to make, in and xpac where everyone agrees money is falling from the sky.

Saying the economy is fine is very easy to do when things are dirt cheap, but look at the other side of the coin. People who were farming and selling, or making gems, or whatever, will disagree.

And no. You deal with it, or beat your head trying to get Blizzard to change it..or quit.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Ravyne
Now, if the economy is good, a market should then be able to sell that product for at least a 50 percent profit.

I agree things were priced a little too low but a 50% profit margin, really??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Now, if the economy is good, a market should then be able to sell that product for at least a 50 percent profit.

I agree things were priced a little too low but a 50% profit margin, really??

Yes, really. Tell me one successful business that price their wares for less then that.
Edited by Ravyne on 11/30/2012 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

I'm pretty sure the root of this problem would be that every player in the game can quite literally plant and pick herbs and ores every single day regardless of profession by using the farm. Lowering the spawn rates of the herbs isn't going to mean much if you simply make them more vaulable for everyone to grow in their farms.

Perhaps if you also nerf the farm nodes to 1 qty each rather than the multiples you get as an herbalist or miner, to assist in this matter.
Edited by Lubricious on 11/30/2012 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't understand all the crying about this nerf. If anything, it makes people WORK for their skill points, mats and gains.

Where is the error on the part of Blizz?

trying to compete with druids and farm enough ink to make DMF cards every day already felt like "work"

this nerf brings it to the "I'm not even going to bother anymore" level.

which is great for other crafters willing to suffer, but not so great for Blizzard if/when that feeling of not wanting to bother extends to my entire subscription because of the tedium.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/30/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Shadowflight
Point is...Circling one small area for Fool's Cap is no longer the best approach.

Is your server full?
    No? Then you would experience less botters and competition, so you probably haven't experienced the poor spawn rate and less nodes.

What time did you decide to trial your run?
    Was it during off peak on your server? Because as stated above, on a high population server, you can fly around and see 1/10 of the herbs or nodes pre 5.1
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
They mega nerfed ore/herb nodes to solve the bot problem, at least that's the way they think.

If Blizzard were in the government they would solve the car accident problem by making cars illegal or making them prohibitively expensive.

Dumb approach IMO.

That's the exact reason they give for pushing gun control.

Who'd have thought it wouldn't work either? I mean, it's not like the criminals are legally buying guns, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]