herb Nerf part 2

90 Tauren Druid

Stabalize an economy that was fine the way it was? Yeah no try again

Made player time more valuable? How? By making those of us with lives who only have a few hours to play each day spend the entirety of that time farming the mats it took maybe 20% of our play time to farm before? Then denying it up and down. Swearing that if such a change happened it would "most certainly be in the patch notes", then blaming it on a bug/glitch, and then 3 days after the fact saying it was intended good luck.

YOU deal with it. If you have hours and hours to sit in front of your computer every day then you shouldn't care what happens either way. For the rest of us who value our time in general, not just our play time but our time as whole, it is we who got screwed over by this.

But it's just laughable at this point. For every person who says "well they do this all the time" or "it's fine deal with it" there's 20 of us who actually have lives and were doing fine with the economy the way it was before.

It makes player time more valuable for the people actually gathering the herbs/ore, not to people who expect to hit the AH and buy dozens of stacks of something for less than 100g total.

Hours and hours to play each day? You make a big assumption about something you know nothing about. I only gather herbs 1 day a week or so if even that. After about an hour and a half of herbing just today, I was able to gather enough mats to make 58 agility pots and 9 agility flasks on a Transmute alchemist. Considering those were for my dps set, it'll probably be enough to last me through several weeks of raiding. I built up a pretty big stockpile of elixirs and pots for my main spec a few weeks ago, still have enough to get me through another month or maybe 2 even if I stopped gathering every week.

Oh and those 9 flasks, the ones that require a Golden Lotus to make? Got all 9 GL's in the same hour and a half herbing spree as all the other herbs. Didn't even have to dig into the stash on my gbank. I think you people are seriously over-reacting to this.

Now that it's done, it's extremely unlikely to get reverted back to what it was(though it might get scaled back some) so therefore YOU are the one who has to deal with it good sir!
Edited by Atroxx on 11/30/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
My biggest complaint is the Golden Lotus. It is really hard to find, I can count on one hand the number of Golden Lotus I have actually picked. The rest have all been from spirit motes.

I have three stacks of them.

Picking them is rare, but my farm sprouted 12 again today.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Atroxx
rate is fine for everything except Fool's Cap.
This. FFFF this is awfully boring
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
11/30/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Ravyne

I agree things were priced a little too low but a 50% profit margin, really??

Yes, really. Tell me one successful business that price their wares for less then that.

Hmmm, seriously?

http://ycharts.com/companies/WMT/gross_profit_margin
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
11/30/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Porterhause
The ONLY thing that requires Fool's Cap is agi flasks, and they only require 4 a piece

You mean STR flasks. AGI uses snow lily.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Stabalize an economy that was fine the way it was? Yeah no try again

Made player time more valuable? How? By making those of us with lives who only have a few hours to play each day spend the entirety of that time farming the mats it took maybe 20% of our play time to farm before? Then denying it up and down. Swearing that if such a change happened it would "most certainly be in the patch notes", then blaming it on a bug/glitch, and then 3 days after the fact saying it was intended good luck.

YOU deal with it. If you have hours and hours to sit in front of your computer every day then you shouldn't care what happens either way. For the rest of us who value our time in general, not just our play time but our time as whole, it is we who got screwed over by this.

But it's just laughable at this point. For every person who says "well they do this all the time" or "it's fine deal with it" there's 20 of us who actually have lives and were doing fine with the economy the way it was before.

It makes player time more valuable for the people actually gathering the herbs/ore, not to people who expect to hit the AH and buy dozens of stacks of something for less than 100g total.

Hours and hours to play each day? You make a big assumption about something you know nothing about. I only gather herbs 1 day a week or so if even that. After about an hour and a half of herbing just today, I was able to gather enough mats to make 58 agility pots and 9 agility flasks on a Transmute alchemist. Considering those were for my dps set, it'll probably be enough to last me through several weeks of raiding. I built up a pretty big stockpile of elixirs and pots for my main spec a few weeks ago, still have enough to get me through another month or maybe 2 even if I stopped gathering every week.

Oh and those 9 flasks, the ones that require a Golden Lotus to make? Got all 9 GL's in the same hour and a half herbing spree as all the other herbs. Didn't even have to dig into the stash on my gbank. I think you people are seriously over-reacting to this.

Now that it's done, it's extremely unlikely to get reverted back to what it was(though it might get scaled back some) so therefore YOU are the one who has to deal with it good sir!

I had the exact same experience yesterday at 5pm, except I was able to make 30 flasks in the 30 minutes before my raid started. I agree completely with you, and I am willing to bet that Blizzard knows exactly this.
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Atroxx
It makes player time more valuable for the people actually gathering the herbs/ore,

Too bad there won't be any of those due to bots running rampant and taking what few nodes were left.

11/30/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Porterhause
Cata. I remember Cata. I remember farming an hour and getting 7 stacks of whiptail in Cata.

I know for a fact that you're blowing smoke because after the nerfs there were no players farming whiptail or elementium in Cataclysm. There were a few people reselling ore and herbs from bots, but that's about it.

Edit: In case I have to say it I'm only semi-serious.
Edited by Bomdanil on 11/30/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ok, this is my issue. I have a level 87 Druid that does my gathering of herbs. And of course, don't have flying capability. At the moment, I do not have the time to level since I'm restricted to time due to work and family. Now, usually, I would log onto the druid, do about 30 minutes of gathering, switch to my main (hunter) does his daily CDs such as inscription and enchanting, do whatever I need to do on the hunter (such as dailies, do my farm to get mats to get my food for raiding, etc) Unfortunately, I don't have the time after I do my errands with my hunter, to swap back and level, just can't. So, from that perspective it's rough time to herb that amount without being level 90 and having flying capabilities. So, yes, YOU can gather stacks of herbs but due to my toon that does my gather, and he is 87, it is restricted to that extent. Now if someone said, hey i can gather 20-30 stacks of herbs in 15-20 minutes without flying, I would call BS on that for sure. Like I said, this is from my perspective with limited play and as a casual gamer/raider. Other people would say, "Buy the herbs" but I why increase the 50% on the herbs to fix "the WoW AH economy", it's a BS excuse, these guys at Blizzard can't get these botters and casual gamers or even gatherers can't even enjoy the game from that aspect.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/30/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Atroxx

I've got both an alchemist and an inscriptionist... my alchemist has no problem with this nerf.

but inscription? I need stacks and stacks of herbs to make a single DMF card... if Blizz is going to nerf the herb spawn rate, they should at least up the milling yields to compensate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It makes player time more valuable for the people actually gathering the herbs/ore,

Too bad there won't be any of those due to bots running rampant and taking what few nodes were left.

Cata. I remember Cata. I remember farming an hour and getting 7 stacks of whiptail in Cata.

I know for a fact that you're blowing smoke because after the nerfs there were no players farming whiptail or elementium in Cataclysm. There were a few people reselling ore and herbs from bots, but that's about it.

Edit: In case I have to say it I'm only semi-serious.

? I don't know how semi is semi :P I needed agi flasks, I farmed whiptail. and had like 100 before I left mid firelands :P But that was just whiptail, I also farmed stormvine and veils in Vash...lord that was a goldmine...

And elementium? Darn right I didn't farm elementium, I farmed and sold Obsidium, again from Vash, the same time as I farmed herbs. I bought elementium, prospected it, and sold gems and made a reasonable profit. Which is much much harder to do this xpac...because GI is selling for 30g...and gems are selling for next to nothing...see how this works?
Edited by Ravyne on 11/30/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/30/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Bioshocked

I've got both an alchemist and an inscriptionist... my alchemist has no problem with this nerf.

but inscription? I need stacks and stacks of herbs to make a single DMF card... if Blizz is going to nerf the herb spawn rate, they should at least up the milling yields to compensate.

I can understand that, and I have also said in this very thread that I think Fool's Cap got hit a bit too hard. Hopefully that's something they will look at. In the mean time however, Green Tea Leaf is still all over the damned place so we'll just have to pick more of them to compensate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/30/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Atroxx

I can understand that, and I have also said in this very thread that I think Fool's Cap got hit a bit too hard. Hopefully that's something they will look at. In the mean time however, Green Tea Leaf is still all over the damned place so we'll just have to pick more of them to compensate.

A bit too hard? Rose colored glasses, much...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just found my first golden lotus since patch 5.1 and first thing I noticed that has changed is it no longer givers you that 15min lucky buff.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Oh hey, this is still going, glad to know blizz pays attention to what they knew would be a giant mess by not putting it in the patch notes.

Glad to know they are monitoring what people are saying too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Paliwings
Just found my first golden lotus since patch 5.1 and first thing I noticed that has changed is it no longer givers you that 15min lucky buff.
If you pick a standalone lotus, you get the buff. The ones that come off other plants don't give the buff
Reply Quote
I don't understand all the crying about this nerf. If anything, it makes people WORK for their skill points, mats and gains.

Where is the error on the part of Blizz?

because i am NOT paying to WORK in this game... i am paying to PLAY.

are you to inept or uneducated to understand the difference?

good old blizztard.. always fixing that which aint broke!
Edited by Gillicuddy on 11/30/2012 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You know what I am really surprised about? I have been the vocal minority on these threads, and said several times that Fool's Cap is only needed for agi flasks, and NOT ONE PERSON has called me an idiot :P I am not really sure what that says about the people reading this thread...either they aren't reading or they have no idea what flasks need what herbs. Fool's Cap is needed for Strength flasks :P Sorry for the misinfo everyone
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't understand all the crying about this nerf. If anything, it makes people WORK for their skill points, mats and gains.

Where is the error on the part of Blizz?

because i am NOT paying to WORK in this game... i am paying to PLAY.

are you to inept or uneducated to understand the difference?

good old blizztard.. always fixing that which aint broke!

Well, since you are going to resort to insults, I will say this. If you do not want to do what Blizzard has always done through the history of this game, goodbye.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I always thought they were so abundant to allow us to play how we wanted. Want to farm ore? Great, there's plenty of it, all we ask is that you spend the time to actually do it.

I always thought this was a great idea to allow the players to play how they want but apparently it wasn't their intention at all.

Now I won't be so inclined to do it. Previously, if I got bored, it was nice to know that I could level tradeskills, make potions, etc.

I realize that I can still do these things but I probably won't now... just because I don't want to spend most of my time flying around looking for the nodes since the reason I wanted to do it to begin with was because I was bored.

Now, I'll probably just log out and catch up on shows I've missed instead of staying in the game.
Edited by Fràket on 11/30/2012 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I always thought they were so abundant to allow us to play how we wanted. Want to farm ore? Great, there's plenty of it, all we ask is that you spend the time to actually do it.

I always thought this was a great idea to allow the players to play how they want but apparently it wasn't their intention at all.

Now I won't be so inclined to do it. Previously, if I got bored, it was nice to know that I could level tradeskills, make potions, etc.

I realize that I can still do these things but I probably won't now... just because I don't want to spend most of my time flying around looking for the nodes since the reason I wanted to do it to begin with was because I was bored.

Now, I'll probably just log out and catch up on shows I've missed instead of staying in the game.

Ok, except that if you notice, people are only complaining about Fool's Cap, and are openly stating there are plenty of Tea Leaves, Snow Lily, or whatever. If you do not need str flasks, then go herb something that is plentiful, or, if you want to make a little money, go herb Fool's Cap :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]