To all you warriors on Ravenholdt...

12/02/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Cayreth
How come the 2.4k arena team can't recruit a warrior to do the same thing to the 2k arena team?

Because some people have morals, you wannabe dwarf.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/02/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Alibor
How come the 2.4k arena team can't recruit a warrior to do the same thing to the 2k arena team?

Because some people have morals, you wannabe dwarf.

Hey Nat! You hear dat? We don't has enny morals if we brings ya!

And Cayreth... Movember is over. Now it's Duckcember. Time to put on flippers and a bill....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Cayreth
I just don't think a 2.4k arena team should be losing to a 2k arena team and losing a ton of points due to a non-skilled one shot.

There are different comps in the game. Such as RLS (Rogue, lock, shaman) and MLS (Mage, lock, shaman). Plus, that doesn't change the fact that RNG is RNG it doesn't require skill to get 5 lucky taste for blood procs or a 300k crit on chaos wave. A 2.4k warrior can't RNG for 300k while the 2k warrior has a skill factor to crit for 150k. It doesn't work that way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Agoroth
i agree, everything kinda turned into TSG style. Keep in mind though the ladder is extremely underpopulated and stagnant right now, 2.4k is glad IIRC. Aside from certain battlegroups in BC i think thats the lowest the cutoff has ever been.

It's just so difficult for people to move up in the ladder due to a high rated team losing to a low rated team by a pure one shot non-skilled RNG. Say you're team is currently at 2k rating and you que into a 1876 MMR KFC. The KFC just runs in pops all cds and zoo's on you and you fall over dead in a global or two. Eh, tough lose nothing you can do about being globaled. You're 2k team just lost about 12 points to a 1876 KFC because they are lower than you which brings your MMR lower to lets say 1969 now that your MMR is lower and the KFCs MMR is probably about 1906ish you will have a significant higher chance into queing into them. You que after your loss and que into the KFC again getting farmed down a few games before you call it quits ending at 1870ish MMR while the other team is now at 1978. The KFC ques into a let's say WLS and the warrior and warlock one shot the KFC. It's a never ending turn of rating from high rated players being beaten by random one shots. No one can get anywhere. The amount of one shots that go on right now is completely ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/02/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Graycen
i agree, everything kinda turned into TSG style. Keep in mind though the ladder is extremely underpopulated and stagnant right now, 2.4k is glad IIRC. Aside from certain battlegroups in BC i think thats the lowest the cutoff has ever been.

It's just so difficult for people to move up in the ladder due to a high rated team losing to a low rated team by a pure one shot non-skilled RNG. Say you're team is currently at 2k rating and you que into a 1876 MMR KFC. The KFC just runs in pops all cds and zoo's on you and you fall over dead in a global or two. Eh, tough lose nothing you can do about being globaled. You're 2k team just lost about 12 points to a 1876 KFC because they are lower than you which brings your MMR lower to lets say 1969 now that your MMR is lower and the KFCs MMR is probably about 1906ish you will have a significant higher chance into queing into them. You que after your loss and que into the KFC again getting farmed down a few games before you call it quits ending at 1870ish MMR while the other team is now at 1978. The KFC ques into a let's say WLS and the warrior and warlock one shot the KFC. It's a never ending turn of rating from high rated players being beaten by random one shots. No one can get anywhere. The amount of one shots that go on right now is completely ridiculous.

^Confirmed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/02/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Aorris

^Confirmed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSCdEIi9WE0
Temple of Critmogu and other bgs with a warrior. Idk, seems prefectly balanced to me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Ya know, it still stands. it happens in every expansion. one or more classes are massively op. Like i said. it's only fair that warriors get the chance to be op for once. And no, it's not fair that people lose their arena rankings because of bull crap like this. but hey, in cataclysm it wasn't fair that paladins and most mages were op. Wotlk it wasn't fair that dk's were massively op (i understand that you have to have the class live for a while before you see that they are ridiculous) and i believe that druids were op in that one as well. And bc rogues were pretty high up there when it came to being ridiculous. It happens in every expansion. We all know this, or at least should know this by now. Warriors are strong contenders if played correctly and always have been. We don't jump in arms when blizz forgets us and just says oh, we have to give warriors something so lets give them some bull crap move while a pally cant be killed by a warrior. But warriors can kill really crappy casters. No, it's completely unfair. They should take measures against it. But i'm sorry, i think it's ridiculous when we stand no chance against a pally or a lock or a druid in an arena because blizz doesn't want to nerf some of their most highly played classes.

so no, it's not fair that people are losing their arena rankings to one shot warriors or locks. But ya know, I'm tired of being the class that (may not get one shotted) never stood a chance in an arena or at least not without a really crappy team against them because we are underpowered compared to the rest of the classes. As i've said. It's about damn time we get our day in the sun.

Edit: *sorry if this offends anyone, not trying to be a douche, but honestly if you all look back then you'll see it's true. And next expansion when one of you are op, i won't be complaining and if its you, you won't be either.*
Edited by Zmbieznya on 12/3/2012 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Zmbieznya
op for once

I'm pretty sure warriors were near the top of the food chain at one point in Vanilla. At least, according to the cave paintings.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I wish to know what skill the demo lock is using to one shot you if it's not chaos wave, considering that's our biggest nuke followed by soulfire..

I'v been so blind, my whole life.
Edited by Darethy on 12/3/2012 2:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 02:22 AMPosted by Darethy
I wish to know what skill the demo lock is using to one shot you if it's not chaos wave, considering that's our biggest nuke followed by soulfire..

Everybody knows Shadow Bolt is one of the hardest critting spells in the game. Get with the times, man.
Edited by Alibor on 12/3/2012 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/03/2012 01:51 AMPosted by Alibor
I'm pretty sure warriors were near the top of the food chain at one point in Vanilla. At least, according to the cave paintings.

Moderately. but we still weren't really all that grand of a class. yeah, we had our moments, but we just weren't all that wonderful.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/02/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Oolaki
And Cayreth... Movember is over.

*pats beard* Hmm... you sure about that? My "Altar Boys of 2012: The Penance Edition" calendar is still showing Movember.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ya know, it still stands. it happens in every expansion. one or more classes are massively op. Like i said. it's only fair that warriors get the chance to be op for once. And no, it's not fair that people lose their arena rankings because of bull crap like this. but hey, in cataclysm it wasn't fair that paladins and most mages were op. Wotlk it wasn't fair that dk's were massively op (i understand that you have to have the class live for a while before you see that they are ridiculous) and i believe that druids were op in that one as well. And bc rogues were pretty high up there when it came to being ridiculous. It happens in every expansion. We all know this, or at least should know this by now. Warriors are strong contenders if played correctly and always have been. We don't jump in arms when blizz forgets us and just says oh, we have to give warriors something so lets give them some bull crap move while a pally cant be killed by a warrior. But warriors can kill really crappy casters. No, it's completely unfair. They should take measures against it. But i'm sorry, i think it's ridiculous when we stand no chance against a pally or a lock or a druid in an arena because blizz doesn't want to nerf some of their most highly played classes.

so no, it's not fair that people are losing their arena rankings to one shot warriors or locks. But ya know, I'm tired of being the class that (may not get one shotted) never stood a chance in an arena or at least not without a really crappy team against them because we are underpowered compared to the rest of the classes. As i've said. It's about damn time we get our day in the sun.

Edit: *sorry if this offends anyone, not trying to be a douche, but honestly if you all look back then you'll see it's true. And next expansion when one of you are op, i won't be complaining and if its you, you won't be either.*

I don't think you really understand how balancing works. It seems like you find a rotation should happen rather than it just being fixed. You can't say it's "fair" and then say that it's "not fair" in the same post. You're just contradicting yourself. Paladins were not OP in Cataclysm either? I don't know if you just didn't really play much during the last expansion or just thought they were OP for whatever reason. It was more like... rogues, mages, locks, shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/03/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Graycen
I don't think you really understand how balancing works. It seems like you find a rotation should happen rather than it just being fixed. You can't say it's "fair" and then say that it's "not fair" in the same post. You're just contradicting yourself. Paladins were not OP in Cataclysm either? I don't know if you just didn't really play much during the last expansion or just thought they were OP for whatever reason. It was more like... rogues, mages, locks, shamans.

Mmmmm. yeah i can. It is not a contradiction of myself. Because I stated that it's fair that we get the chance to be overpowered for once. However, i said it's not fair for the arena teams that lose ranking over it.

Simply put, it's completely fair that blizzard is finally giving a class that has been overlooked for all the expansions the chance to be great and get people to create more warriors. But it isn't right that this affects people's arena team ranking. That is not a contradiction. That is just my opinion that i love that we are op, but that i hate how our being op affects other players that perform in pvp in such a drastic manner. And would you rather that they at the very least rotated out who was op and who wasn't rather than selecting 3-4 classes and making them op every single time? No, I know it's not balance. I never said it was. I said fair that they selected a class they haven't really picked in a while to get some strength. Didn't say anywhere in my post that it was balanced.

And yes, i played as frequently in cata as i do now. Pallys (especially against warriors) were op. They had ridiculous crap that made it next to impossible for a warrior to kill one. Every pally that I have ever hung out with before mop has always said that they have an advantage over warriors, making them unbeatable between the two. And ya know, maybe i just found every paladin on the horde side that was just awesome at being a paladin. Dunno. But from my experience and my friends experience they were op.

And mages, locks, and shamans will constantly get buffed and generally be op in most situations. Because those are some of the most highly played classes. They dont want to take the risk that people are going to bail on the game if they massively nerf their "big contenders"

But you know that if it were switched and pallys were one shotting people, positions would be flipped. We all love it when our character is buffed and hate it when we're nerfed. It's just like every video game ever created. Just like back in the day on final fantasy 7 when you went up against a marlboro and they cast like every status change except for death and you used up the last of your stuff to get rid of status changes and you took your spell off to get rid of that crap because you thought you were gonna make it. It pisses you off.

Or in CoD when someone gets to a higher level and gets cooler crap than you because you just started today. That is unfair. But it happens. There is always going to be some kind of injustice in the game. And blizzard knows that. I know for a fact they've gotten complaints from myself and other family members about casters being op. Which means that they've gotten a lot of complaints about warriors, locks, mages, and monks. Hence why on landfall we got hit. Our avatar no longer prevents movement impairments. And it got cut shorter. We lost some crap. But as time goes on, as more patches and expansions are released, warriors will be dropped down to everyone elses level and someone else will be in the position that i'm in.

So once again. not trying to piss you off or upset ya or nothing, but seriously. look at it from my view. Honestly tell me that you think its fair that every expansion pack and patch, warriors are passed over like a cat would be for dog obedience training. Tell me that it's fair that every class has had a chance to be op except us since vanilla. I'll gladly admit that i agree with you. I have seen videos of warriors doing 1 mil damage on their crits. I am not arguing against you. just how it feels and looks from my perspective.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/03/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Zmbieznya

Mmmmm. yeah i can. It is not a contradiction of myself. Because I stated that it's fair that we get the chance to be overpowered for once. However, i said it's not fair for the arena teams that lose ranking over it.

Simply put, it's completely fair that blizzard is finally giving a class that has been overlooked for all the expansions the chance to be great and get people to create more warriors. But it isn't right that this affects people's arena team ranking. That is not a contradiction. That is just my opinion that i love that we are op, but that i hate how our being op affects other players that perform in pvp in such a drastic manner. And would you rather that they at the very least rotated out who was op and who wasn't rather than selecting 3-4 classes and making them op every single time? No, I know it's not balance. I never said it was. I said fair that they selected a class they haven't really picked in a while to get some strength. Didn't say anywhere in my post that it was balanced.

And yes, i played as frequently in cata as i do now. Pallys (especially against warriors) were op. They had ridiculous crap that made it next to impossible for a warrior to kill one. Every pally that I have ever hung out with before mop has always said that they have an advantage over warriors, making them unbeatable between the two. And ya know, maybe i just found every paladin on the horde side that was just awesome at being a paladin. Dunno. But from my experience and my friends experience they were op.

And mages, locks, and shamans will constantly get buffed and generally be op in most situations. Because those are some of the most highly played classes. They dont want to take the risk that people are going to bail on the game if they massively nerf their "big contenders"

But you know that if it were switched and pallys were one shotting people, positions would be flipped. We all love it when our character is buffed and hate it when we're nerfed. It's just like every video game ever created. Just like back in the day on final fantasy 7 when you went up against a marlboro and they cast like every status change except for death and you used up the last of your stuff to get rid of status changes and you took your spell off to get rid of that crap because you thought you were gonna make it. It pisses you off.

Or in CoD when someone gets to a higher level and gets cooler crap than you because you just started today. That is unfair. But it happens. There is always going to be some kind of injustice in the game. And blizzard knows that. I know for a fact they've gotten complaints from myself and other family members about casters being op. Which means that they've gotten a lot of complaints about warriors, locks, mages, and monks. Hence why on landfall we got hit. Our avatar no longer prevents movement impairments. And it got cut shorter. We lost some crap. But as time goes on, as more patches and expansions are released, warriors will be dropped down to everyone elses level and someone else will be in the position that i'm in.

So once again. not trying to piss you off or upset ya or nothing, but seriously. look at it from my view. Honestly tell me that you think its fair that every expansion pack and patch, warriors are passed over like a cat would be for dog obedience training. Tell me that it's fair that every class has had a chance to be op except us since vanilla. I'll gladly admit that i agree with you. I have seen videos of warriors doing 1 mil damage on their crits. I am not arguing against you. just how it feels and looks from my perspective.

Warlocks and Shamans are not the most played classes at all they are about the least played (not sure about mage though). Warriors haven't been overlooked every expansion ect. They have always been competitive and good damage dealers. KFC in Cataclysm was really good (and extremely good when put with a rshaman). You're class has always and will always be the best flag carriers in RBGs, due to the fact they have great control, don't die, can't be CC'd, and have amazing defensives. Of course stuff beats things 1v1, rets are a great dueling class. 1v1 does not declare something OP man.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
R.I.P. Demonology, foreveraffliction.jpg

now lets see if they do something about retarded mage and warrior damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Chaos wave costs 33% less demonic fury...and 33% less damage.....

Honestly? I like it, Chaos Wave devours fury, but even with the damage nerf i'm still getting 100k crits and setting soulfire procs to boot, even with the enhanced cost of my auras.

Rather content really.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/03/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Agoroth
foreveraffliction.jpg

*chants* AFFLICTION! AFFLICTION! AFFLICTION!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]